U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-12-2010, 08:57 PM

5,891 posts, read 4,166,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Rugged that stuff they have has batteries. We don't stand a chance with out a Bear Trap anymore. You ever look at 'toys' they have now with usb ports !

I was looking in Northern Tool and the concrete vibrator looks very promising. It has a sleek probe and will rattle the house..
I saw that also!LOL...... There is another one ladies. If you are by chance at a home improvement or hardware store, play the "I can't find it" game. We are suckers for that one!
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:01 PM

9,444 posts, read 8,845,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
The internet has advanced a lot in the last 2 decades but downloading whatever they've got is still beyond its capabilities. Most people who are "successful" in such things tend to vastly over rate their technique and under rate what they were born with.

Asking men what they want IS a very good place to start.

They don't want "subtle clues" that need an electrion microscope to see. Most of the women who swear by their success with this are delusional. They have something else that attracts the type of man who just assumes that every woman he approaches is interested in getting in the sack with him.

They don't want a$$ kissing routines that put the woman in the drivers seat. This is especially true for women over 30. They may have thrived for the previous 15 years having men telling them how wonderful they are but the smooth talkers have now moved on. Deal with this.

Be prepared to meet men half way and be interesting and you will attract a decent man who is too. Most men love to laugh and usually have a sense of humor. Far too many female posters on this site seem to have a perpetual sour view of men that comes from years of trying to attract the wrong ones. Have some interest in the world and be interested in his interests. If they are too narrow, find another man. This is a rather minor investment of your time.

Don't assume that just because, in a group, he isn't jumping up to cater to you, he has no interest. How thin can anyone be spread. Be ready to approach and I guarantee you, such men are far more approachable than women.

Be realistic in what you want and you'll be happy in the end. I've lost even a close count of the number of women who have passed over many decent men in their immediate circle in the faint hope of attracting a Mr. Right who in the end will only use them. Over 30 % of men now reach age 35 without getting married. Where I work, it is probably closer to 40% in that age group and these are all solid citizens. These men don't hate women but they do hate a system that had them overlooked when younger and a family law system that puts their complete future at risk should they make a mistake. As a result, you will need to convince them as much as they need to convince you. This is a complete change from 40+ years ago.

Finally, for single men over 30, their prior bad experiences probably mean that there is little fuel left to burn. Don't waste it on an ego gratification trip. Cut them a little slack when they stumble a bit. They are not the players and users you hate and to treat them as such will likely use up whatever fuel is left.
I think this is a general post towards everyone, as none of it applies to me.

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi max's mama,

You are a producer. I am a consumer. The customer is always right. While not actually in the market I am available for market testing. I do admit the gag order on the women is sort of arousing.
A successful producer can give tips to unsuccessful one. A successful producer will always listen to advice of other producers. Although the consumer is usually right, dismissing the opinion of other producers is not the wisest idea.

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
did someone say Tush?
Actually, that is another great one. FYI ladies, most men don't dig Celion Dion and the likes. The teenage hip-hop and rap stuff only appeals to very young men in most cases. You can improve your odds by requesting a classic from the DJ at a club or whatever. We all look around to see who it was and when we find out it was you, "hmm, I better go talk to her"! If you want to be different and get a edge on the others, try it!

YouTube - ZZ Top - Tush

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:31 PM

2,091 posts, read 2,652,154 times
Hehe, you sure you don't why girly advice?

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:46 PM

[quote=Chanteuse d' Opéra;14153490]Hehe, you sure you don't why girly advice? [/quot] Lets have it?

Unread 05-12-2010, 09:56 PM

8,525 posts, read 4,151,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Actually, that is another great one. FYI ladies, most men don't dig Celion Dion and the likes. The teenage hip-hop and rap stuff only appeals to very young men in most cases. You can improve your odds by requesting a classic from the DJ at a club or whatever. We all look around to see who it was and when we find out it was you, "hmm, I better go talk to her"! If you want to be different and get a edge on the others, try it!

YouTube - ZZ Top - Tush
But if you are faking the music stuff, it won't take long to figure out (turn off).
So, better to just be yourself than try to pretend you're something you're not.
If you are interested in learning about music, then learn as much as you can about ALL genres, and then try the request hook.

Unread 05-12-2010, 10:03 PM

5,148 posts, read 1,436,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Just show off the legs. LOL.

J/K.
I'm still shallow enough, that that will at least pique my interest. I'm a huge leg man, and can't figure out why, as I have legs of my own.

But if I see a great pair of legs, I might try to start working up a reason to talk with her. Of course a smile needs to be there too. I don't know what is up with this recent trend of women not smiling?

Unread 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I'm still shallow enough, that that will at least pique my interest. I'm a huge leg man, and can't figure out why, as I have legs of my own.

But if I see a great pair of legs, I might try to start working up a reason to talk with her. Of course a smile needs to be there too. I don't know what is up with this recent trend of women not smiling?
You and millions of others.

Unread 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
But if you are faking the music stuff, it won't take long to figure out (turn off).
So, better to just be yourself than try to pretend you're something you're not.
If you are interested in learning about music, then learn as much as you can about ALL genres, and then try the request hook.
Oh, Rugged can tell if they are faking!LOL..... It isn't faking for a tactic to attract us though. Hey, humor us a little, we won't bite!LOL.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships