Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:41 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,778,271 times

Advertisements

I don't think you can legally be charged with anything if you dump it all after all this time has passed. I would let her know (if you can still contact her) that you're giving her a couple of days to come get it, and if not you're getting rid of it. Then if she doesn't come maybe you can sell it or give it to someone who needs it. Or maybe charm some new girl with it as a new gift to them. But...shhh..don't tell the new girl where you got these nice new gifts...lol

Make sure you throw the "F" word in there as you're telling the new chick about her new gifts too....it really turns em on man...lol

example:

You: "Hey sweetie, I have a surprise for you today. You're not gonna Moderator cut: Snip! believe this one"

New Chick: "What is it you sexy beast of a man?"

You: "I thought you would enjoy this new Moderator cut: Snip!mop and broom set baby"

New Chick: "I'm glad you see what I love to do snugglemuffins"

You: "Oh did I mention that you also get to play with Mr. tripod tonight?"

New Chick: "You are the best man hunnie"

You: "I Moderator cut: Snip! know baby, I hope things stay this way forever"

Last edited by cricket_factor; 05-14-2010 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: "F" words turn me on too, then I can issue infractions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 AM

219 posts, read 526,711 times
Set a date and tell her, "Please come get your stuff before [insert date] or I'll have to sell it/give it away/trash it." If she gets it, great. If not, do with it as you wish.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:58 AM

6,430 posts, read 9,767,907 times
You could be a nicer guy about it though. You could take all her stuff to a storage unit, pay for 1 or 2 months, whatever you decide, and then give her the key and the receipt. Then it is up to her. If she doesnt get her stuff or pay for the storage then the storage facility will handle it accordingly. I'd take pictures of exactly what you put in there though.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You could be a nicer guy about it though. You could take all her stuff to a storage unit, pay for 1 or 2 months, whatever you decide, and then give her the key and the receipt. Then it is up to her. If she doesnt get her stuff or pay for the storage then the storage facility will handle it accordingly. I'd take pictures of exactly what you put in there though.

But wouldn't the storage just charge him since he would be the one signing to use the space? Regardless of if it's hers or his? What if this guy can't afford it?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:21 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,299,203 times
I'll give you $5 for the bike. Cash!!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:27 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,383,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
My ex wife moved out in Oct. 2008. She took a good amount of her stuff but there are still too many things of hers clanking around the house: A pasta machine, her bicycle, a vanity / makeup table, etc. Over Christmas, I asked her to come get it all and she said she would come up with her brothers van and take it all. Never happened. Then again she said she'd be coming to get it with her boyfriend about a month or so ago, never happened. I have continuously brought her stuff I can take in my car when we trade off the dog every other weekend: skis or whatever else she never got around to moving. She is a procrastinator par excellence, one of the reasons we are no longer married, among many. Here is my question: I want rid of her stuff. I think at this point I am completely justified in either selling it or taking it to the dump. But I no longer want to be a storage bin for her belongings. Since she has not been inclined to deal with it herself and I believe possession is 90% of the law, is this the moral and ethical thing to do at this point?

The other option is for me to just truck it into Boston myself and leave it at the entry to her house. Or be the chump I am and ask her AGAIN to come get it.

Either way, I want the stuff out of here and can't rely on her to do it. She was Miss Unreliable back then and still is and always will be.
Personally, I would either move it out into a garage if you have one and tell her that its there for another week then its going out in the trash. I think you have been more then patient.
However if you have to continue to see her with the dog, you might consider what this might do to that situation.
I think your right, you have been more then patient and you shouldn't have to MOVE her stuff for her, you shouldn't have to be responsible for her things but if you do something like throwing it out, what is that going to do to the fact you are sharing the dog after your break up?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Oh, heck no. He's already been storing her stuff for free, and now he should PAY to store her stuff? No way. "It's been long enough. Please come get your things by Saturday, May 22, or I'm giving them to Goodwill on Sunday, May 23." That'll work. There's no reason for him to pay money out of his own pocket to "be nice" to someone who is taking advantage of him.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times
Tell her to get it by such and such a date. If she doesn't show, tell if she likes it so much she can buy it again at the yard sale your going to have or she can check the Craigslist classifieds for bikes, ski's, vanity's etc.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I'll give you $5 for the bike. Cash!!
Sounds like a sweet deal for him man...i would be honored with that offer...lol

Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,879,563 times
If this is a difficult topic to stick to, I can close the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships