Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:18 PM

76 posts, read 70,034 times

Advertisements

I've known someone now for over 3 months. We were dating a bit back in Feb and March, but then we 'fell out' and didnt speak with each other up until last week. It wasn't that either of us were mad at each other, its just that I didnt feel like he was putting the effort in seeing each other, and just broke it off with him.

Well, he then emailed me...and I was very neutral about it, but he kept emailing me. We did discuss the issue we were having though. We then met back up, and we had a wonderful time and he spent the night.

But the only thing is, he's back to his 'old ways'. And it just makes me feel so unsure. He never calls, barely texts, and only talks to me on the dating site we're on. I bought it up last night, we were talking about our day, and then a few emails later I said, "it would be nice to meet up again".

He then says, "yeah that can be arrange" I then jokingly asked, "You're not going to wait another 2 months to see me again will you?" He made a comment back, but it wasn't "of course not baby, lets do something this week". So I said, "well, I guess I'll see what movies are playing in July".

He wasn't happy with that, but I told him he makes me feel unsure as to whether he wants to meet again or what. We chatted some more, but its like...what we have going on seems like nothing. Im not asking to see him daily, but to not chat on the phone, no advanced plans...What is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 06:19 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
LMAO @ the title of this thread.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 PM

261 posts, read 527,355 times
I think he is just using you. The more you ask for an answer/response the more he pulls away. He is either using you or you are coming on too strong. It hard to tell with only the information given but I think this guy either wants to take things slow or he is getting what he wants without any commitment or give from his side.

My advice would be to stop sleeping with him. If you like him then respond to his email but don't put any pressure on. The more nonchalant you act the more he will be interested. Play hard to get a bit and act like you don't care if he calls you or not. If this doesn't work then he wasn't that interested in the first place and pressuring him into setting up future dates is not going to work.

Whichever way he sounds like an ass for treating you this way and don't you think you deserve better? The balls in his court and it shouldn't be. Take it back whatever the outcome.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 PM

Well, I dont really feel 'used'...I just feel more that he's not putting the effort to make himself visible to me. Even when I said, "how do you expect to get to know me if you're only going to send me a couple of texts once a week?" (because he always would say he wanted to get to know me) He's like...well it hasn't been a week yet since we've met.

Everytime I bring up something about his behavior, he makes it seem like its just me, or our schedules.

I refuse to date someone who doesn't make me feel important as I would to them. I tend to end things with them immediately, just like I did with him the 1st time he wasn't taking me seriously (e.g. no dates, only texting, changing and breaking plans). and before he knew it I was back to doing my own thing.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
you are intererested in having a relationship. he is interested in casual sex.
like trying to buy milk at a hardware store.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
Well, I dont really feel 'used'...I just feel more that he's not putting the effort to make himself visible to me. Even when I said, "how do you expect to get to know me if you're only going to send me a couple of texts once a week?" (because he always would say he wanted to get to know me) He's like...well it hasn't been a week yet since we've met.

Everytime I bring up something about his behavior, he makes it seem like its just me, or our schedules.

I refuse to date someone who doesn't make me feel important as I would to them. I tend to end things with them immediately, just like I did with him the 1st time he wasn't taking me seriously (e.g. no dates, only texting, changing and breaking plans). and before he knew it I was back to doing my own thing.
And this clown is making you feel important? That's not what you are saying here. He is using you. If you are truly as your name suggests then you can do much better then that user. I know you know this but need some one else to tell it to you.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you are intererested in having a relationship. he is interested in casual sex.
like trying to buy milk at a hardware store.
Honestly, I dont get the usual vibe that he's just out for casual sex. I think it goes a bit deeper than that. Then again, sometimes you never know what someone is really thinking or doing when you barely ever talk on the phone and hangout.

He intially told me his feelings changed when he found out I dance and do private shows, and thats part of what lead to our first 'breakup'. But he then came to accept me for it, and he still slept with me for the first time after he knew about it.

Im just really confused, I think he is too.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
I've known someone now for over 3 months. We were dating a bit back in Feb and March, but then we 'fell out' and didnt speak with each other up until last week. It wasn't that either of us were mad at each other, its just that I didnt feel like he was putting the effort in seeing each other, and just broke it off with him.

Well, he then emailed me...and I was very neutral about it, but he kept emailing me. We did discuss the issue we were having though. We then met back up, and we had a wonderful time and he spent the night.

But the only thing is, he's back to his 'old ways'. And it just makes me feel so unsure. He never calls, barely texts, and only talks to me on the dating site we're on. I bought it up last night, we were talking about our day, and then a few emails later I said, "it would be nice to meet up again".

He then says, "yeah that can be arrange" I then jokingly asked, "You're not going to wait another 2 months to see me again will you?" He made a comment back, but it wasn't "of course not baby, lets do something this week". So I said, "well, I guess I'll see what movies are playing in July".

He wasn't happy with that, but I told him he makes me feel unsure as to whether he wants to meet again or what. We chatted some more, but its like...what we have going on seems like nothing. Im not asking to see him daily, but to not chat on the phone, no advanced plans...What is this?
.....Sniff.......sniff......I smell player! lmao! Run girl run girl "Come on rude boy, show me what you want......"

Old 05-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
.....Sniff.......sniff......I smell player! lmao! Run girl run girl "Come on rude boy, show me what you want......"
LOL, do you really think so? I dont get the vibe he's a player. This man is very conservative, he's quiet...his mother was even calling him and leaving voice messages the night he stayed over because she was worried about him (his phone was either off or on silent the night he was with me so I didnt hear it ringing)! He also gave me his home number prior to this and I spoke with his mother. But part of me thinks maybe he lied about saying it was his mother. What if it was someone else?

I think he's a sweet man, but he seems to be 'shy'. But in bed...well, lets just say I was surprised.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
LOL, do you really think so? I dont get the vibe he's a player. This man is very conservative, he's quiet...his mother was even calling him and leaving voice messages the night he stayed over because she was worried about him (his phone was either off or on silent the night he was with me so I didnt hear it ringing)! He also gave me his home number prior to this and I spoke with his mother. But part of me thinks maybe he lied about saying it was his mother. What if it was someone else?

I think he's a sweet man, but he seems to be 'shy'. But in bed...well, lets just say I was surprised.
Aaaah the sex is always good....but it doesn't last. You need the whole package!!! And watch out for a mama's boy. Hey I like them being nice to their family......but you don't want them babied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships