Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times

Advertisements

He's keeping you at arms length while he shops around.

It's like buying a car when you already have one. You are not going to sell your car and go without a car until you buy a better one, are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

It's like buying a car when you already have one. You are not going to sell your car and go without a car until you buy a better one, are you?
indeed.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:42 AM

76 posts, read 70,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

You know what, its funny because today I was comparing it just like that! But in my case, I was thinking, "well...he may still be online, but that doesn't mean he's necessarily looking for someone else." Its like looking at car magazines. Men look at car magazines all the time, doesn't mean they are going to sell theirs and buy!

But unfortunently, I dont even feel like Im his car. I feel like the test drive. And I'm fixing to show him just how fast I can put the brakes on his ass and go from 0 to 60 and get the hell away from him

Old 05-14-2010, 05:04 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
"I'd like to meet up again." his response, "Yeah that can be arranged."

He's into it for the sex and will arrange it when he wants it. Your sleeping with him the first night he meets up with you after months of not hearing from him pretty much sealed the deal on this situation. Take it or leave it.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:18 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
LOL, do you really think so? I dont get the vibe he's a player. This man is very conservative, he's quiet...his mother was even calling him and leaving voice messages the night he stayed over because she was worried about him (his phone was either off or on silent the night he was with me so I didnt hear it ringing)! He also gave me his home number prior to this and I spoke with his mother. But part of me thinks maybe he lied about saying it was his mother. What if it was someone else?

I think he's a sweet man, but he seems to be 'shy'. But in bed...well, lets just say I was surprised.
You are just SO FINE that he cant stay away! Take pity on him and give him a little once in awhile. It's not his fault!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
So you're an exotic dancer and he's a momma's boy...I think I see where the disconnect is. Perhaps he suspects his mother wouldn't approve of you so he's pacing himself. Deep down he probably doesn't approve of you either. Not as long term partner material anyway. Face it, not too many men are going to invest their heart and soul into a woman if she's dancing privately for other men. Call it an occupational hazard.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 PM

76 posts, read 70,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
So you're an exotic dancer and he's a momma's boy...I think I see where the disconnect is. Perhaps he suspects his mother wouldn't approve of you so he's pacing himself. Deep down he probably doesn't approve of you either. Not as long term partner material anyway. Face it, not too many men are going to invest their heart and soul into a woman if she's dancing privately for other men. Call it an occupational hazard.
I told him that what I do is far less harmless than the 'goodtime girls' who are posted online or who go out on the town on a Saturday night.

I also told him that what I do is work...and its no more harmful than the girls who get drunk and kiss all over strange men.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:26 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Okay, let's paint a picture here. You sleep with him right away when you first meet him. You don't hear from him for months and sleep with him immediately when you see him again....see where I'm going here. He already thinks your a sleazy piece - you baked that cake yourself. Throw in his preconceieved notions of what you do for a living just for icing and you've sealed the deal on this situation. He's in it for the sex and it can be arranged. No amount of what you say will override your actions. Take this situation for what it is or leave it. It's not a relationship by any means.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:15 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyandSingle View Post
I told him that what I do is far less harmless than the 'goodtime girls' who are posted online or who go out on the town on a Saturday night.

I also told him that what I do is work...and its no more harmful than the girls who get drunk and kiss all over strange men.
Like Thursday said, it doesn't matter what you told him, he already has his preconceived notions of dancers, and I doubt he'll ever take you as seriously as you are hoping. No matter what he told you, he's going to have reservations about investing himself into this relationship.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:21 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
You say "It looks like nothing" He's contacting you, because he spent the night last time after the two of you chatted, and he wants to do it again.Check out what happened when you tried to pin him down to some concrete decision about future plans. He got offended. Big surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships