Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times

Advertisements

The problem with many guys is that they gauge there manliness by how they're viewed by other men...ironically by boys probably not getting laid in the first place

If I want an opinion on how to be a better man, I don't ask my buddy Bill, I ask a woman. I mean, it is kind of a duh situation.

Think like a woman for an moment. They have the need and survival of their offspring to think about and have a predisposition to seek out the most alpha male they can find. So what do they look for? They don't so much look for how tough you look, the way you talk, the bad-azz things you've done...they look for what scares you. It could something as stupid as the fear of talking to little children but make no mistake, it is "fear" and "weakness."

I mean if you can't even overcome the inner fear to get out on a stupid dance floor, how are you going to pull yourself together to confront an armed intruder into your/her home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
It only looks gay if you stick your chest out too far, but don't hunch your back and do the twist. learn to move your feet with out looking at them and moving the hips is not for a beginner.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 AM

283 posts, read 458,541 times
Since this is probably gonna degenerate into who is the manliest of them all or maybe Battle of the Sexes.

I'll remind simple rules if you wanna learn to dance. (I said IF...)

Before Entering the Dance Floor Learn Your Steps (Take two or more Dance lessons until you feel you are ready)

Rule N.1 Use What God Gave you. Use your 2 feet, when you were wearing diapers and crawling on the floor you had an excuse not to learn to dance now your a grown up. Grow a back bone and Dance.

Rule N.2 It you and her dancing on the dance floor. Focus. You are responsible for you and your dance partner and your obligation is to make her Enjoy her moment with you. (no excuses)

Rule N.3 The more you practice the better you become at it.

Rule N.4 Dancing Like a drunken Kung fu master doesn't impress anybody (drink responsibly)

Rule N.5 Follow the Beat

Rule N.6 Be gentle (she is a girl not a plastic toy) with your dance partner.

Rule N.7 Look descent and Take care of your hygiene. (Smells fresh....Exciting!)

While dancing Maintain Eye contact it had's up to the experience.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I don't believe that I'm allowed to dance due to local laws. It's against the law for circus animals to engage in activity that resembles dancing. I think it's only a misdemeanor but I would be very embarassed having the police drag me off of the dance floor, slap on the cuffs, and haul me down to the station in front of a jeering crowd.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Hello sleeping in on the Weekends and eating potato chips all day, then!!
Haha! Not that kind of guts!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,272 times
I steal the show .. guilty as charged

Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM

484 posts, read 1,216,470 times
I don't dance and have not had any issues attracting women. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy dancing, it's just not my thing. I don't enjoy it and have no interest in learning. Women who think a man's ability to dance somehow translates into bedroom ability have either been really lucky with their choice of men or have not been with very many.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
It's interesting when certain things are brought up like dancing, it's all about "biological programming" but when someone brings up another biological trait of humans being social, that gets thrown by the wayside.

What I hate about dancing is that in today's world (2000s-present), people make it to be the "end all-be all" way of getting a female's attention. One gets over saturated about "up in da club" as if that's the only way to meet females. This is just another perspective of extremes that today's society wants to buy into: If you can't dance, you're won't meet women and won't get laid! I don't think it's gay if one genuinely likes dancing, but forcing to do so when there are other ways to socially interact with women that they're more comfortable with makes one feel like a tool.

I can understand learning dances like salsa and tango when one is genuinely interested, but today's "glam rap" dancing scenes gets very tenuous very quick!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
I don't dance and have not had any issues attracting women. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy dancing, it's just not my thing. I don't enjoy it and have no interest in learning. Women who think a man's ability to dance somehow translates into bedroom ability have either been really lucky with their choice of men or have not been with very many.
Same for me, was just about to write something along these lines, well said.
Although, I do dance occasionally, often with a lack of enjoyment.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,920,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
are you sure you're not mixing women up with grizzly bears ?

Or goldfish. Don't they burn if you touch them ?
lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships