Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:29 PM

404 posts, read 701,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
I don't dance and have not had any issues attracting women. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy dancing, it's just not my thing. I don't enjoy it and have no interest in learning. Women who think a man's ability to dance somehow translates into bedroom ability have either been really lucky with their choice of men or have not been with very many.
Well I am the opposite case, I have been dancing for a while now and I've never really attracted women. So, I guess dancing or not does not have anything to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM

283 posts, read 458,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Well I am the opposite case, I have been dancing for a while now and I've never really attracted women. So, I guess dancing or not does not have anything to do with it.
If you would care to develop...people on this forum could give you more tips on how to improve your dating game but if its just dancing, remember that if you are a guy you need to be the one to approach the girl. not the opposite. If the girl approaches you normally its because she is experienced in dancing (+she is confident) and/or she wants to have a great time and wants you to give her all your attention for a dance or two.

If you dance alone in a corner and you are a guy/girl its rare that people are going to go seek you out, you need to make yourself available. Or set your ground (guy) seek a girl who seems whiling to follow you a shy girl or a girl who is alone (don't think about looks (guys) you go out and take the time to dress up to have fun not to be the bench warmer).

I've danced with fat women and women who where a little over weight and their where just as happy as any other girl I danced with if not more. I don't see why some men limit themselves to dancing with attractive girls only.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
There is not all that much to dancing. All it really is is moving with the rhythm and being comfortable in your own skin.

You don't have to do any Michael Jackson or Usher moves on the dance floor. If you start doing that with a woman, she will just leave you.

While breakdancing looks good on stage, it will not work with a woman. Also, quit doing the running man to "Falsetto" by The Dream it is embarrassing.

Just move with the music and have you some good times. Don't worry about other people laughing... except for him over there. Worry about him because he is drunk out of his mind and he is grabbing other guys.

Okay, run.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:21 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
It's really not hard to dance. All you need is rhythm, a good beat and it's a wrap.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
No, Women don't like to dance with men at all. Or be near men or touch men for that matter...
What kind of women are you around?!

(To people who "think" dancing is gay)And as far as dancing being gay, are you that this is not some kind of bitterness or reverse psychology coming from the fact that you yourself can't dance?

Why would anyone who doesn't like to dance or doesn't like dancing in general post on a thread about dancing?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I dont know if Id say its gay...but I always think that during that small sliver in time that a man is "cutting a rug" - that he certainly doesnt look masculine...Its a whimsical, light hearted act that indicates a man letting his guard down in public. At best he looks childish. This sort of public light hearted frolicking is contradictory to the natural instincts and social expectations of a man to be alert and ready for defense/protection - its why male exhibitionism isnt the recipient of huge fanfare. (Guys Gone Wild? - I think not) So this might help explain the stigma that men like me have toward dancing men.

Of course it is all relative...some men may enjoy being the center of attention as they bask in the rays of a Ricky Martinesque glow...and of course unless you're actually Ricky Martin, it really doesnt matter what other men like me think.

I also hate it when people try to claim that a man can be very "strong and powerful" when dancing...It just seems like a way to avoid acknowledging the fact that for that 20 or 30 minutes of time that he is dancing, that man has either reverted back to childhood or is getting in touch with his feminine side. (nothing wrong with that)

Now I hate dancing, because I hated my childhood and I want nothing to do with it.

CURSE YOU SALSA LESSONS!!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 PM

"I mean if you can't even overcome the inner fear to get out on a stupid dance floor, how are you going to pull yourself together to confront an armed intruder into your/her home?"

Good point, next intruder that breaks into my house is going to get served.

Think about it this way, there may come a point in time when the safety of this world and the balance of the universe is going to hinge on if us men dance or not.

Let's get up on the dance floor and save the world!

Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Yeah, Instead of having wars, I think we could spare many lives and save a helluva lot of money if we just had a good old fashioned dance off with Kim Jung Ill or Ahmadinejad...Clearly if we just challenged Bin Laden to an ass shaking contest, he'd be a lot more cooperative and that would settle the score once and for all.. No doubt about it.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:08 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Women trust you with their bodies when They make love to you. When you Dance its the same you need to respect the body of you partner even if you have great desires. Self-discipline solves this problem.

Even with Tango which requires a lot of violent passion you need to respect your partner. Watch take the Lead you will understand. A history about this dance that was developed in Argentina around 1920. Guys had to learn to dance tango or they would not get a Wife. The reason is that the country was in a period of industrial development and the government required more men labor. This created a big difference of 10 men for 1 woman. The girls had the power to decide with who they would dance and later marry. These events gave birth to Tango.

Then they started growing Mango, & came up with the "Mango Tango"...

hahahahaha

Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
"I mean if you can't even overcome the inner fear to get out on a stupid dance floor, how are you going to pull yourself together to confront an armed intruder into your/her home?"

Good point, next intruder that breaks into my house is going to get served.

Think about it this way, there may come a point in time when the safety of this world and the balance of the universe is going to hinge on if us men dance or not.

Let's get up on the dance floor and save the world!
Yeah, it would be funny for the intruder to say to me, "Do you wanna dance?" No, buddy, that's the last thing on my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships