Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Ok, she's hired

Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Ever heard the expression "Don't Sh*t where you eat"?
Shi**ing is not what I planned on doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Do us a favor and "do" your boss, please!
Eventually I will, after I feel him out...no pun inteneded lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ok, she's hired
haha very funny

Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Thanks for all the input! Some of it was helpful, some of it made me laugh, some was kind of dumb...but it's all good....
First of all let me say that women of course feel attraction to men? That was one of the dumbest things I heard on here Fox-that we can't.....maybe the women you know are cold as ice but that definately isn't my problem!

We don't really work in the office...we have different locations but I can't really say what it is we do.....I'm not worried about being labeled an "office tramp" lol b/c theres no one else I would sleep with and I'm only doing this temporarily.
Also, I brought up the politics thing just because me and him are very different and we argue somewhat about things (in a friendly way) but I kinda of like that about him....men that actually challenge me is a turn on. I guess he's good looking....he's not really the type I would usually go for but like I said, there is something there...called chemistry...I guess....

So yes..I think in a few weeks when this job is over I might try a little something something....lol....and I'll just be checkin him out til then. He just makes me very nervous when I'm around him though and I hate I have to work so hard to control myself.......and not let the attraction show to others.
Well, once it's over, I guess you can try, but I'd never ever mix business with pleasure, it's just not in my nature. It's called Professionalism.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:05 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
OK this is the situation. I got a thing for this guy thats my boss.
Im not gonna be working with him for long....and I'm not looking for anything serious...
He's actually not my type per se, Im a Democrat hes Republican, he's kind of a goody goody, Im not...but over the past couple weeks I find myself increasingly attracted to him. I have the feeling he's at least somewhat attracted to me too, by the things he does, but somehow I don't see him hitting on me.
I really have to stop myself from saying anything to him on the chance that I am wrong and don't want to look stupid.... but I keep having these fantasies lol.
I need someone to tell me to not go there before I do something I may regret!!
Look, at first you might think you won't be on the job for long, but if you go the office romance route, you might be cut from the job before you're ready to leave. If you got it that bad for him, why don't you wait until you're working somewhere else and then try to approach him?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, once it's over, I guess you can try, but I'd never ever mix business with pleasure, it's just not in my nature. It's called Professionalism.
Its also called "boring"....but thats my opinion.
So...I decided not to try anything until the end of the job is near....I'm gonna see how he acts and then I'll give it a shot. If he wants to pass on a good time thats his perogotive.

Thanks everyone-you guys are great

Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
^But that may be why he hasn't "tried" anything. He may have a policy of not pursuing relationships at work. I don't believe in it either. I find too many personal conflicts, that should remain at home, slop over into the workplace and continue there. So people will intentionally withhold something the other needs, or refuse to communicate with them, or be openly hostile to them during working hours. Or, after the relationship is over, start accusing them of things like sexual harassment or other offenses against company policy, try to get them fired. Because they can no longer work in the same workplace anymore. Me, I only work because I NEED to, to survive. I can't afford not to have my job.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:31 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^But that may be why he hasn't "tried" anything. He may have a policy of not pursuing relationships at work. I don't believe in it either. I find too many personal conflicts, that should remain at home, slop over into the workplace and continue there. So people will intentionally withhold something the other needs, or refuse to communicate with them, or be openly hostile to them during working hours. Or, after the relationship is over, start accusing them of things like sexual harassment or other offenses against company policy, try to get them fired. Because they can no longer work in the same workplace anymore. Me, I only work because I NEED to, to survive. I can't afford not to have my job.
Ditto that Kramer.

There are a lot of people with boundary issues and can't get that work is for work and business is business. Doing things like this gives them a buzz or a high and they almost thrive on the drama. I call it the "cookie jar syndrome". It's like a kid trying to steal away a cookie out of the jar under mom's nose and the buzz and excitement you get trying to pull off the heist. Only in the adult world the ramifications can be long reaching and painful in many ways. As the OP said it's "boring" to be professional.

Certainly there are people that meet on the job, but the successful ones I have seen keep it professional and low key and are not grabbing one another or being inappropriate at work. There was just a girl last year I knew that didn't get hired for a job, due to these kind of issues. Nice girl too, but she made drama breaking up with a co worker and that was that.

Best to keep your private life, private and if you are really horny and have no inhibitions, there are plenty of guys out there that are willing to do the deed without attachments.

Since I was sixteen, I have been around many office affairs and seen what happens. Most end poorly, in the mist of creating much drama along the way and ending with people getting canned.

I'd say making an unwanted move on your boss during work hours is a good chance to get the boot and maybe to forgo good recommendation as well. The whole sexual harassment thing has gone nuts so really men these days don't have much choice but to document what happened and can the employee for fear of getting manipulated down the road.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:44 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
Quote:
OK this is the situation. I got a thing for this guy thats my boss.
Im not gonna be working with him for long....and I'm not looking for anything serious...
He's actually not my type per se, Im a Democrat hes Republican, he's kind of a goody goody, Im not...but over the past couple weeks I find myself increasingly attracted to him. I have the feeling he's at least somewhat attracted to me too, by the things he does, but somehow I don't see him hitting on me.
I really have to stop myself from saying anything to him on the chance that I am wrong and don't want to look stupid.... but I keep having these fantasies lol.
I need someone to tell me to not go there before I do something I may regret!!
My that is sleazy. Do like one of the office ladies did to me: drop your pen in front of him and bend over, seductively, while "searching," and see how he reacts.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Its also called "boring"....but thats my opinion.
So...I decided not to try anything until the end of the job is near....I'm gonna see how he acts and then I'll give it a shot. If he wants to pass on a good time thats his perogotive.

Thanks everyone-you guys are great
The last thing I am is boring. Trust me, there is a reason why he hasn't pursued you and being boring is not one of them.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Ever heard the expression "Don't Sh*t where you eat"?
No...but I've heard

"Don't get your meat where you earn your bread and butter"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships