Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Tell your Dad that you're gay, guaranteed he wont bug you again about getting married, many years later you can tell him you were just kidding.
Before he dies and you find you've been disinherited!

Or you could tell him that the thirties for a man are a period of rapidly diminishing prospects and you don't need the pressure. You might make a big mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 01:08 PM

437 posts, read 675,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,
Dont do something you will regreat later. Remember Parents are not for ever. They just want Grandch. even if they have one, they always want one from the one who hasn't given them one. Maybe some day you will look up and your heart will just melt when you see her.
Be BLessed
*eye roll*

You are justifying their intense harrassment of him as if they know better what he wants and needs than he does! How arrogant and condescending.

Yes parents want grandchildren but not everyone wants children. If the OP has made his feelings clear and they continue to harass him, it has gone past "love" and into control.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
As others are saying, tell your father and his lady friend to drop the subject. Inform them as well that, should they persist, you will cut off all contact until they conform to your rules of conduct. After that, if they continue, go forth with the plan and block off all contact, including blocking e-mail and phone calls.

If they show up at your door, inform them that you have not changed their mind and tell them that you can and will pursue legal action.

Clearly this is affecting you drastically and drastic actions are called for. Grow a backbone and OWN your life, otherwise someone else will.

thats a bit extreme but I see what you are saying

Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Before he dies and you find you've been disinherited!

Or you could tell him that the thirties for a man are a period of rapidly diminishing prospects and you don't need the pressure. You might make a big mistake.

diminishing prospects for a man in his 30's um no, thats not realistic or even accurate

Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM

20 posts, read 48,506 times
You are a well educated man! STAND UP!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,576 times
Default Didn"t miss a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
*eye roll*

You are justifying their intense harrassment of him as if they know better what he wants and needs than he does! How arrogant and condescending.

Yes parents want grandchildren but not everyone wants children. If the OP has made his feelings clear and they continue to harass him, it has gone past "love" and into control.
Greetings,
There was so much of the same advice, just felt he needed to hear that true love may be awaiting him.
There is two sides to the story. His and his Dad. Wouldn't like to hear from the parents.
We made it easy for him, all he has to do is print all this free advice out and hand it to them.
Sticks and Stones you throw mean nothing to me. You dont even know me. I like to give encouragment instead of name calling.
Now doesn't that sound much more like fun instead of arguing back and forth?
BE BLESSED

Old 05-17-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,
There was so much of the same advice, just felt he needed to hear that true love may be awaiting him.
There is two sides to the story. His and his Dad. Wouldn't like to hear from the parents.
We made it easy for him, all he has to do is print all this free advice out and hand it to them.
Sticks and Stones you throw mean nothing to me. You dont even know me. I like to give encouragment instead of name calling.
Now doesn't that sound much more like fun instead of arguing back and forth?
BE BLESSED

I dont believe in true love, I mean Im blatantly non looking, not interested , wish to be single and no matter how many times I state that no one seems to get it. thats my beef

Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,576 times
Smile True love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I dont believe in true love, I mean Im blatantly non looking, not interested , wish to be single and no matter how many times I state that no one seems to get it. thats my beef

GREETINGS,

I didn't believe in true love either. Great education, job, finances. Havin a great time. Not looking. and wasn't interested in dating. Yes my family hounded me, but I would just smile and say I love u anyway. No they never gave up asking me if I met that someone special.
They left a message on my recorder and I Played it back to them. They realized they were overboard and back down alot.

Then one day I looked up and when I looked up there way My Prince Charming. I knew
Then I asked my parents why did u hound me? They said that in there generation it was just that when you Grauated from High School you got married. That they worried about me.
So even thou it may be driving you crazy, I'm sure your Dad loves u and just wants the best for you. I wouldn't entertain explaining yourself to them and dont get rude. My Father is now deceased and I would love to hear his voice again. So make peace with them and dont let anger get the best of you. Print out all of this and send it to them.
I trully hope in all of this advice there is something here for you to go by.
Be BLessed

Old 05-17-2010, 02:03 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Tell them to get some business.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:08 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Just tell them you enjoy your single life and have no plans to change it. You are happy the way you are. You will probably have to repeat this more than once or twice.

I've found people are very confused by those among us who choose a different path. They probably do love you and they want what they consider to be the best for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships