Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:28 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I think height plays a huge factor. Women in the US would rather be with an unattractive tall guy than an attractive short guy. For example, I have a 2nd cousin Travis who's 6'6", not really attractive, missing 2 front teeth, and he has to beat the women off with a stick, and most of them are hot women too. I have a friend Adrian who's 5'7", looks just like Ben Affleck, and makes over $100K as a nurse anestithest, but he struggles to even find a date.

Sure he does. I think we are getting a little extreme in our examples. I doubt some guy who is 6'6 toothless and not at all attractive is beating "hot" women off him with a stick.

I understand what the op is saying. I thought that he looked like a complete dork. I guess some women find geeky, dorky guys attractive. Someones got to have them. I highly doubt that she is "in love" with him like so many are saying. Him having power is definately a major plus. I can't see the same man with no power doing that good for himself. Most likely the man would never have the confidence to do so.

Confidence is a major contributor to men getting laid. So many women are saying that it's how he talks to you, how intelligent, how he's charming, etc. I think most of that is baloney. Yes, there are some women who look for those traits more than others, but almost all women want someone that there attracted to. I can imagine young women in a bar, watching guys walk in. A very attractive guy walks in and they look at each other and say, eewww. Definately not what I am looking for. Then a geeky guy with a star wars shirt on and equally geeky all around ensemble paired with buck teeth, glasses and wimpy, and the girls look at each other and go, there he is. He's the one. I got to get his number. Just don't see it happpening. Most times when you have opposites, it is because they had gotten to know each other as friends (not looking for love) and found compatabilty and even love through friendship. Most times, the girl, or guy were not looking for such.

I myself was a model in my twenties. Not trying to sound c*ck y or brag, just trying to explain. I never have divulged this top secret on here(lol, like anyone cares, kidding) and when I was younger and even still (Im in my mid thirties) I had the prettiest girls in highschool, college, etc chase me. I used to have my pick. Some chased me for a long time even when I payed them no interest. They pursued and pursued, even when nothing ever panned out for them. Some of them had boyfriends that they tried to act like they didn't have around me, but some I just knew. Why did they chase me? Because I am very intelligent and witty. Wrong, although I like to think of myself as such. They chased me because I was good looking. Sorry, not trying to sound cocky. It just is what it is.

Women are just as visual as men. I think the older they get though, then they start looking for a guy who can also be a steady provider, or who atleast works as well.
They eventually give up on the guy having to be great looking and find happiness with average. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

With everything in life, there are exceptions to every rule. There will always be somebody who copletely forgoes looks for personality. Then somehow the ugly person becomes better looking because of their personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Politicians are used car salesmen. They might be slimy but they do have a way with words and the ability to charm others. Sure this guy might not be on the scale of a Bill Clinton during an interview, but he may be very personable on a one-on-one basis.

Other possibilities:
1. She likes older men.
2. She likes powerful men.
3. She likes guys with glasses.
4. She's a sex addict.
5. She was drunk.
6. He paid her.
7. She's blind.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 PM

67 posts, read 72,220 times
Money does crazy things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships