Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:50 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times

Advertisements

I just read about Indiana Rep. Mark Souder resigning after it was revealed that he had an affair with Tracy Jackson, one of his staffers. At first, I was shocked that a Republican was sleeping with a woman. But I was really shocked when I saw what they both looked like. Here's a video of the two.

Tracy Jackson-Mark Souder's anti-abortion video

Now before you say this belongs in the Politics forum, let me say that the reason I chose to post this here is because it raises the question of why some attractive women sleep with some really unattractive men. Souder's 59 and Jackson's in her mid 40s and she's already too. When I see her, I see a woman who's pretty attractive. When I see him, I see someone who's...not. So maybe the women here can provide a little insight. Why in God's name would a woman like that sleep with a man like that? I doubt it was for his winning personality since most politicians don't have one. He doesn't exactly come across like a Bill Clinton or John Edwards. If it's the attraction to money or power, well then that speaks pretty badly about this woman. But she's hardly the first. Why do some women do this? I know us guys can be guilty of wearing beer goggles or being distracted by a great body to the point of not caring what her face looks like. But this guy looks like a warthog. You'd think if this woman were going to cheat, she could've done better. Have you ever seen this in real life where you saw a couple and thought, "what is a woman like that doing with a guy like him?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I just read about Indiana Rep. Mark Souder resigning after it was revealed that he had an affair with Tracy Jackson, one of his staffers. At first, I was shocked that a Republican was sleeping with a woman. But I was really shocked when I saw what they both looked like. Here's a video of the two.

Now before you say this belongs in the Politics forum, let me say that the reason I chose to post this here is because it raises the question of why some attractive women sleep with some really unattractive men. Souder's 59 and Jackson's in her mid 40s and she's already too. When I see her, I see a woman who's pretty attractive. When I see him, I see someone who's...not. So maybe the women here can provide a little insight. Why in God's name would a woman like that sleep with a man like that? I doubt it was for his winning personality since most politicians don't have one. He doesn't exactly come across like a Bill Clinton or John Edwards. If it's the attraction to money or power, well then that speaks pretty badly about this woman. But she's hardly the first. Why do some women do this? I know us guys can be guilty of wearing beer goggles or being distracted by a great body to the point of not caring what her face looks like. But this guy looks like a warthog. You'd think if this woman were going to cheat, she could've done better. Have you ever seen this in real life where you saw a couple and thought, "what is a woman like that doing with a guy like him?"
Women are won over by what they hear, men by what they see

Basically, if he was saying the right things to her, that would be more important to her than what he physically looks like.

Of course, there had to be some physical attraction for him to have gotten close enough to her to tell her the things she wanted to hear, but a womans idea of what is physically attractive is not what some men like you apparently think it is.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:57 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times
How the hell should I know? It's not like we women discuss these things at our weekly secret meetings; we are too busy preparing the world takeover, tentatively scheduled for Thursday. (Oops. )

It could be anything. Maybe he's really good in bed. Maybe having sex with him was a condition of keeping her job. Maybe she loves him. Maybe she's trying to sleep her way to the top. Whatever it is, if it reflects badly on her, I don't see why other women should care about it. Do men have to worry about how this guy's conduct reflects on them? I think not.

That said, even the issue of attractiveness is very vague and a matter of perception. I've never dated anyone I didn't find attractive. But I've dated men who, let's just say, weren't conventionally handsome. Attraction is very elusive, at least for me.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Politicians are used car salesmen. They might be slimy but they do have a way with words and the ability to charm others. Sure this guy might not be on the scale of a Bill Clinton during an interview, but he may be very personable on a one-on-one basis.

Other possibilities:
1. She likes older men.
2. She likes powerful men.
3. She likes guys with glasses.
4. She's a sex addict.
5. She was drunk.
6. He paid her.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:24 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Ordinarily, I'd think it's a mutual attraction. Leagues are not absolutes.

But in this case, it's because power turned her on, but his looks. Power is perhaps the biggest turn on, and a man no matter how he looks, it will get him some action.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
How the hell should I know? It's not like we women discuss these things at our weekly secret meetings; we are too busy preparing the world takeover, tentatively scheduled for Thursday. (Oops. )

It could be anything. Maybe he's really good in bed. Maybe having sex with him was a condition of keeping her job. Maybe she loves him. Maybe she's trying to sleep her way to the top. Whatever it is, if it reflects badly on her, I don't see why other women should care about it. Do men have to worry about how this guy's conduct reflects on them? I think not.

That said, even the issue of attractiveness is very vague and a matter of perception. I've never dated anyone I didn't find attractive. But I've dated men who, let's just say, weren't conventionally handsome. Attraction is very elusive, at least for me.
Exactly. Women are different, PEOPLE are different, and they get together for a vast array of reasons known only to themselves, really.

Personally speaking, intelligence, passion, and personality are FAR more important to me than appearance.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:00 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post

IMO, it was for the same reason a 21 year old woman sleeps with her 50 or 60 something boss! It's a no brainer! Duh!!!! If she refuses she finds herself cleaning his office with no raise until she decides to quit!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
when people start to be around each other a lot, especially at work, they start to get to know each other and things could develop. women don't always go by looks, but by power, by the respect a man seems to get from others, by his ideas and ideals, etc.
she must have seen something in him that resonates in her. HE on the other hand saw a pretty face who was giving him attention.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
Redisca & teatime, good points.

Maybe we shouldn't let out female secrets but not every man has to be a hunk to get a good looking woman (or any woman). We like what we like just like you guys do.

Some women love dark eyes and a sexy smile, others will be turned on by a guy's voice, another by a kind act.

So, yes, even 'ugly old men' stand a chance.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
OP : Beauty is the eyes of the beholder. Maybe he had other qualities going for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships