Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM

283 posts, read 458,541 times

Advertisements

Men! It’s time to wake up

You are tired of being single...If your answer is Yes then this thread is for you.

I used to think that the only place to meet quality women was knowing how to dance and going at the clubs or the bars to get a drink or two. I could not have been more wrong. Women are everywhere. I went to a museum today (some might say that’s boring I’m way too cool to hang out in a museum) and met some very nice ladies there. At first I went through the whole museum fast it took me 30 min. Then I went back to see some painting that caught my attention and I Stopped at Pablo Picasso's painting The Embrace. I started paying attention carefully and some bystanders grouped around me and left, I asked a lady right beside me "what do you see?" she seemed surprise at first and then told me two people holding each other. She smiled and I smiled back. I told her that Picasso was an expert in Cubism (something I remembered from my school years). I continued my tour and met other ladies with a lot of enthusiasm to talk about the paintings they knew and what we saw. Never thought a museum could be such a great place to meet women. After I exited the museum I went for a bite and saw a woman eating alone. I asked if I could eat with her (since I was in the food court of the mall close and it’s hard to find a place to eat alone) we were total strangers until I asked what reasons brought her to the mall and we talked about what we did during our day (talked for 1 hours).

It made me realize that the Once upon a time...There was a prince charming (A man with guts that searched the whole kingdom for the girl who left her shoe at the exit of the party). My point is you don’t need to be Arnold or Antonio Bandera to meet women, just be presentable, Create opportunities and Be the Challenge of the Day (keep her guessing). Leave a good impression out of you. Only imagine after she goes back to her friends and tells them the complete details of how she met you (A mysterious charming man)... Not in a bar half drunk hopefully but more like the totally random dude that had the guts to approach her and challenge her intellectually and leaving her with a feeling of “I would like to know more about this guy”.

Rule N.1 Keep the Conversation Simple
Rule N.2 Be Confident
Rule N.3 Be Original
Rule N.4 Be Polite
Rule N.5 Any where any time....Be spontaneous, Be a challenge, Be the Story that will make her friends jealous about "owning you" (or having made you commit).
Rule N.6 Smile

The world is your oyster

Any other great places to meet women will be welcome.
Any other testimony of random encounters that became a Happily ever after story is also welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:02 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Congratulations. You went to an event where women shared the same interest as you. It worked. More importantly you went in without a goal of meeting some one but ended up doing so. Your quick witty reflexive unplanned response to a total stranger was unintentional luck on your part because the woman next to you loved your response.

Since I work a few minutes from what's called "The Museum District" in downtown Houston I will have to visit more museums too

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Good post Chris245. Way to expand outside of the norm and create new opportunities for yourself.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Uh, it's not quite a newsflash that there are women everywhere.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Oh the topic! I forgot the topic. Well when I was single if i wanted a one night stand i would hit up the bars. The women in bars want one night stands..

When I wanted a woman of my dreams I just go and do what I do.... I met one at a Buck Skinners Ron Dee Voo in 88, by 90 we were living together, both recently divorced from other people (apx a year out) By 95 we married.

OH Chit! This Thurdays is the annversary!

Chris thaks IOU

Old 05-19-2010, 06:59 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Men! It’s time to wake up

You are tired of being single...If your answer is Yes then this thread is for you.

I used to think that the only place to meet quality women was knowing how to dance and going at the clubs or the bars to get a drink or two. I could not have been more wrong. Women are everywhere. I went to a museum today (some might say that’s boring I’m way too cool to hang out in a museum) and met some very nice ladies there. At first I went through the whole museum fast it took me 30 min. Then I went back to see some painting that caught my attention and I Stopped at Pablo Picasso's painting The Embrace. I started paying attention carefully and some bystanders grouped around me and left, I asked a lady right beside me "what do you see?" she seemed surprise at first and then told me two people holding each other. She smiled and I smiled back. I told her that Picasso was an expert in Cubism (something I remembered from my school years). I continued my tour and met other ladies with a lot of enthusiasm to talk about the paintings they knew and what we saw. Never thought a museum could be such a great place to meet women. After I exited the museum I went for a bite and saw a woman eating alone. I asked if I could eat with her (since I was in the food court of the mall close and it’s hard to find a place to eat alone) we were total strangers until I asked what reasons brought her to the mall and we talked about what we did during our day (talked for 1 hours).

It made me realize that the Once upon a time...There was a prince charming (A man with guts that searched the whole kingdom for the girl who left her shoe at the exit of the party). My point is you don’t need to be Arnold or Antonio Bandera to meet women, just be presentable, Create opportunities and Be the Challenge of the Day (keep her guessing). Leave a good impression out of you. Only imagine after she goes back to her friends and tells them the complete details of how she met you (A mysterious charming man)... Not in a bar half drunk hopefully but more like the totally random dude that had the guts to approach her and challenge her intellectually and leaving her with a feeling of “I would like to know more about this guy”.

Rule N.1 Keep the Conversation Simple
Rule N.2 Be Confident
Rule N.3 Be Original
Rule N.4 Be Polite
Rule N.5 Any where any time....Be spontaneous, Be a challenge, Be the Story that will make her friends jealous about "owning you" (or having made you commit).
Rule N.6 Smile

The world is your oyster

Any other great places to meet women will be welcome.
Any other testimony of random encounters that became a Happily ever after story is also welcome.
well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think your approach is a reasoned one.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 PM

277 posts, read 883,740 times
Thank you for spreading the word to all the men out there! I would definitely rather meet a nice guy while sitting at the park rather than dating online. I have asked my male roommate to spread the word to all the guys in San Francisco that they can definitely start conversations in person.

Even if we don't find our next date, our cities will become friendlier again. Chris245, you are awesome!

One lady!

Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM

19 posts, read 31,891 times
Awesome!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 AM

160 posts, read 454,541 times
Very encouraging....I wish more guys would take the initiative to talk. Most are so afraid of rejection that they won't say a word. Good for you!

Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM

283 posts, read 458,541 times
I approach women with the idea that I'm meeting a friend and not with the Idea of having sex. Because if you think of approaching her to have sex its like you are asking to be Rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships