Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 05:32 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
A lot of factors but every generation has progressively gotten more "Loose & Free" since WW2. It really started with the kids / hippies of the 60's whose theme was basically Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll. The pill helped. The girls and guys I knew back in the 70's were as easy as any of todays kids.

A Pretty liberal base of parents led to the current generation. The only change I see is what we were doing in the 11th and 12 grades seems like is starting between the 6th and 8th grades.

There's been a lot shown to our kids that tells them it's OK and the right thing to do. But you know, can't blame the kids as much as blaming the parents and the lack of parenting.

Music plays a big role in kids life, it did ours and it still does. It's now Sex, Drugs, Hip Hop. It's just a continuation that started 40 years ago and perpetuated by the media / Hollywood for the money.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 PM

221 posts, read 799,083 times
There are none. Back in high school, which wasn't that long back, I was one of the last virgins. You would be looked at with ten heads by your friends if you weren't giving blow jobs out or having sex. I never even directly told any of my friends at the time, they probably knew anyway since I wouldn't join in with many of their convos, bc I didn't want them to think I was wierd. But being easy was just the thing to do. My own husband don't believe me when I tell him yeah I was popular, went out, partied but was not having sex. He still don't belive me The ones I see walking the street in my area can't be more then 13 with low cut tops, jean shorts up their as$.

I had a childhood friend who also happened to end up the high school "****" This girl was giving bj's out and having threesomes by the 7th grade. This type of overly sexualized behavior is not normal. She would wear catsuits with zippers on them and zip it all the way down so her training bra was sticking out and her FATHER would tell her how good she looked? In high school, her behavior just got worst and then she would wine about it and say how if she didn't have a bf or was with a guy, she was lonely. Bascially she used her body to attempt to get love and attention to any willing guy. She came from a really dysfunctional family with parents who used to tell my family "We don't need this. We didn't want another kid so late in life", talking about her. I ended our friendship a long time ago, thank god since she wasn't much of a friend either, but 10 years later and she's still whoring it up now as a bartender wearing lingerie to work and on her probably 30th "boyfriend".

Last edited by Olive1982; 08-25-2010 at 05:56 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 01:45 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Quote:
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
Britney Spears--that's what happened. Generation Britney. My generation it was Madonna that the girls looked up to. This generation grew up on Britney that publicized that it was okay to be a closet freak and sleep around just as long as you look sweet and innocent in front of those that matter to you. Then with her lyrics like "if you seek Amy"(look that up if you don't get what it spells) or "1,2,3" advocating 3 somes. Madonna pushed the limit in my day but not to this extent. And you wonder why so many teens are depressed, suicidal and turning to drugs....Its so sad. Very good topic to bring up.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
I was having a beer with a guy I used to work with a few yrs ago and he confided something to me which just shocked me.

He found out recently that his 12 yrs old daughter and a few of her other friends were blowing boys at school.

I'm like WTH

Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
Yeah, I've heard about little girls being caught blowing boys on the school bus, and sexting is all the rage. It's shocking.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
I hear about how they're so easy these days but none of the girls at my school were easy at all. It's bull****.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
No surprise in this day and age of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and songs by Rihanna that talk about getting "it" up that we have teenage sluts walking around handing it out left and right and being proud about their slutty behavior. It doesn't help when I go to the gym and I see a 16 yr old girl wearing white see thru short shorts and a white thong every Thursday. These girls want to advertise everything they have. They're sexed up now a days.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Society in general is just more sexed up (or at least it's more in the open).

Old 08-29-2010, 09:01 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
I blame the parents! Children learn behavior at home and if they are not receiving proper guidance, parenting and discipline at home, they will be influenced by any GARBAGE they see around them. Most parents these days are good for nothing, please, do the world a favor and stop having kids!

Last edited by Repubocrat; 08-29-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Some of my neighbors are teens, and what they do everyday is go out and smoke in front of their house, do weed, are sexually active, and the parents are just unfazed. They let them do whatever they want. So many times, it is the parents (or the lack of).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships