Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 01:36 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I can remember when I was a teenager my grandmother telling me that her father made her older sister marry her boyfriend when she was 15 "so they would get married before they had to get married." This marriage had to have taken place around the year 1900.

I thought, "no way--teenagers didn't DO things like that back then!"

Years and years later, I was at the local church cemetery looking at old relatives' graves, and I came across that of a woman who I'd known when she was very old, my father's cousin, who had lived to be nearly 90. Her mother was the great-aunt whose father made her marry at 15, and her grave was also nearby. Sure enough, she was almost exactly 16 years older than her daughter. Guess great-grandpa made that call just in the nick of time.

You might have a point there. My grandmother got married when she was 15 to my grandpa. She had a bunch of sisters and they all got married at that age too. In her family at least, this was all the norm. My mom is 15 years younger than grandma was, before grandma passed away.According to mom, great-grandma was a saint, but a widow with like 10 kids, due to the war. Grandma was very nice and I wonder at what age she picked up her smoking habit. It must have been very young, cause she quit about when she was 40.

Anyway, it seems I have gone into another direction here.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:49 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times
Default A lot of reasons have been given so far...

A lot of reasons have been given so far...

but I believe the biggest factor is that sex feels really, really, really good.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 AM

545 posts, read 1,555,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
A lot of reasons have been given so far...

but I believe the biggest factor is that sex feels really, really, really good.
Doesn't explain why you'd do it with many guys versus a single long-term relationship.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:49 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aren't teenage boys just as easy? Or are we expecting bad behavior from them?

Sadly it's still thought of as the case. I remember my brother having a friend growing up whos dad cheered him on when he got sex, but then expected his older sister to remain a virgin,

Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doglver View Post
From a mother's point of view watching the behaviour of the girls in our area, what is the deal with how easy girls make themselves for guys? Where have the morals gone to and the self esteem? I'm talking about good students with intact families that go to church, belong to clubs after school and plan on going to college but when it comes to guys, they give it up so easily before even dating and being in a committed relationship! A father I know found a maids costume, handcuffs and other "toys" in the back of his daughters car the other day. Of course the daughter said it didn't belong to her. Just a teenager! Any insight as to what has happened since the days we were teens in the 70's and 80's???
So you are saying that only people who go to church and have commited relationships should be having sex. And i don't know what school you went too....but when i went people were having sex just as young....and my mother said the same for her. In todays age i think it's considerd more natural for young girls to express it is all.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Teenagers should not be having sex there's a multitude of reasons why. End of story. Young girls are under attack in our culture. They get taken advantage of because they don't have good role models or parents. They aren't allowed to grow up and just be kids they have people seeing them as sex objects as soon as they hit 14.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Teenagers should not be having sex there's a multitude of reasons why. End of story. Young girls are under attack in our culture. They get taken advantage of because they don't have good role models or parents. They aren't allowed to grow up and just be kids they have people seeing them as sex objects as soon as they hit 14.

Very true but they are still going to do it, so we need to educated them on being safe while they do.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,022 times
Well u must start by looking at the parents, but many time the parents are not the problems but their child both girl or boy. Friends are a big influence as most of music, movies, video games contain sex material. Belive it or not that opens their minds for sex, also being inmature and foolish will cause that. Teens get bored very easy, and most have no responsabilities making them spoil or are just natural sluts that have a huge ammount of aids. Every were around the world is like that, u can go to europe and get laid every day if u look for it. I find it low and disgusting, as many other young people. U wana stop that follish behavior, make them work keep them bussy not with school but REAL work. Cut them from their friends life for a while, being responsible creates a greater charecter. If that does not work... well u can always stone them to death, that will work 100% of the time.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM

443 posts, read 564,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aren't teenage boys just as easy? Or are we expecting bad behavior from them?
Yes its a great time to be a teenaged boy. And the double standard is in effect as it always was.
I feel sorry for girls today. They are expected to sexually service the guys just so they can have a boyfriend and or be accepted by their peer groups. When older, most confess that they didnt even enjoy the sex!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,043 times
I see a lot of young girls wearing short shorts and short tops. They look like hoochi mamma's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.