Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times

Advertisements

My first BF, who was my first everything really. It took me close to 2 years to get over him and even today I sometimes think about him (not in that way but just a random memory or thought). Still puts a smile on my face, because he was a terrific guy with a wonderful family. We were together for a little over 3 years but we were just too young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 09:58 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
15 years and probably still won't let go even though I've had a couple huge AH HA moments...

Old 05-21-2010, 10:21 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
An ex, a secret crush, a bestfriend, un-requited? Whats the longest it's taken you to get over a single person?...or are you still not really fully over them?

me...one year and counting, but definently doing better

My daughter will be 15 in August and I still ain't over my ex what's my problem? LoL

Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
34 years and counting. Once in a lifetime, someone special comes along that you will just never forget or get over.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 AM

609 posts, read 1,259,962 times
about 3 years for one...one im still not over and we broke up over a decade ago lol.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
There was a girl I dated on and off for about two years, and it took me a long time to get over her because she would always weasel her way back into my life and I would always let her. I just finished college, and my parents had just split and divorced, so I felt I was emotionally clingy and vulnerable at that point in my life.

I basically moved 400 miles away and she was STILL torturing me with her BS. The only way I could get rid of her was to email her a bunch of mean and hurtful things that I could think of because I knew I couldn't trust myself to ignore her, she had to be the one to ignore me, and it worked flawlessly.

She did actually email me after 2 years of no contact via facebook, I noticed she was now married with a baby. I basically told her I did not want anymore contact with her again, that she tortured me for years emotionally, and that I'd appreciate it if she stayed out of my life.

Problem solved. But it took years to finally get over her.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,677,903 times
I ended all my relationships for one reason or another, not that I have been in a lot of relationships. They weren't right for me, so I pick up the pieces and move along. My husband is a good man and I really believe that we will be together until death pulls us apart. If something were to go wrong or something happened to him I think it would have a great affect on me.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 AM

904 posts, read 2,873,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
34 years and counting. Once in a lifetime, someone special comes along that you will just never forget or get over.
I'm with you. My high school boyfriend was killed while we were still in school. It has been 25 years and I still think of him every day. I think about his sweet smile and his laugh. I look at my own daughter's big blue eyes and think they are almost the same color as his eventhough he is not her father.
I hear about a teenager killed in a car accident and my heart still aches for him. 25 years. I know it will never end. Funny how when you die young you get to be perfect forever.
I am fortunate to have an understanding husband who has also had a great loss in his life. He gets it.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
I'm with you. My high school boyfriend was killed while we were still in school. It has been 25 years and I still think of him every day. I think about his sweet smile and his laugh. I look at my own daughter's big blue eyes and think they are almost the same color as his eventhough he is not her father.
I hear about a teenager killed in a car accident and my heart still aches for him. 25 years. I know it will never end. Funny how when you die young you get to be perfect forever.
I am fortunate to have an understanding husband who has also had a great loss in his life. He gets it.

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear this..

Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,163 times
My first love was actually my second BF. He and the first BF decided to go to war over me and my true love one. We only dated about 6 months. I was a sophomore in high school. I loved him more than words could ever describe. He dumped me over the summer. It was two full years before I dated someone else. I never stopped getting the butterflies when I saw him (usually at school and later we went to the same college). We were able to be friends about 5 years later, but I still sort of loved him. I think I always will love him the way he was back when. I recently saw pictures of him all grown up and I don't feel the same attraction, but I love my memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships