U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:21 PM

15,135 posts, read 14,183,025 times
3 years after a 22 month relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 02:29 PM

27,394 posts, read 21,065,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
wow...just out of curiousity, why did it take so long?
Because I kept her 'ideal' qualities at the forefront of my mind for so long (forgetting her godawful bitchiness) that I would compare everyone else to her...and I would resent the others I was with for not living up to her good qualities. Then one day I realized what an awful friend and all-around person she was. It just clicked and all of a sudden, I didn't care.

I guess she was just the first woman I met that was in a certain stratosphere of her own...I did learn to find someone who had her good qualities and none of her bad ones, though.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:33 PM

7,917 posts, read 10,942,868 times
Quote:
What's the longest it's taken you to get over someone?
I had a girlfriend who was still in high school when I was in my first year of college and we broke up because her parents found out I was smoking marijuana. It actually took a few years to get over it and she also happened to be a friend of my sister and my sister knew better than to even bring up the subject.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 PM

2,791 posts, read 2,296,406 times
Default 3 days or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
An ex, a secret crush, a bestfriend, un-requited? Whats the longest it's taken you to get over a single person?...or are you still not really fully over them?

me...one year and counting, but definently doing better

The 1st day is for crying...
the 2nd day is for cursing them out
and they say the best way to get over someone ...is to get under someone else...
why waste unwanted tears on someone when you can be getting out there meeting someone who truly deserves you.
good things leave us so something better can take its place..

Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 PM

3,261 posts, read 2,667,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
and they say the best way to get over someone ...is to get under someone else...
why waste unwanted tears on someone when you can be getting out there meeting someone who truly deserves you.
I don't think that works.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,885,798 times
I'll let you know when I'm over him. I'm not there yet...it wasn't even a full 9 months, more like 8 months, but I knew it was coming to an end for at least a month and I was already starting to grieve before it officially ended so...I would say two months and counting now...

Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 PM

608 posts, read 596,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I don't think that works.
it totally doesnt.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:55 AM

27,394 posts, read 21,065,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez_304 View Post
it totally doesnt.
At best, it fools you into thinking you are over them so you never really deal with your issues...that can bite you in the arse one day...

Old 05-22-2010, 07:07 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,885,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
I hope that's true....I think I need to get to the "getting under someone else part" but I think I'm not ready yet. Maybe a few drinks will take care of that tonight.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:20 AM

7,104 posts, read 7,758,203 times
1 week. A guy I was involved with for a number of years started seeing a close female friend of mine...the same female friend who used to tell me he was an a-hole and to dump him. It was a blessing in disguise. They married and I was in the bridal party, as my girlfriend was in mine. I definitely got the better end of the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships