U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who is responsible for damaged content in jean pockets after a wash in laundry?
Owner of jeans who didn't check pocket before putting it in hamper 65 89.04%
Person who put the jeans into the washer from the hamper 8 10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
 
Location: NC
10,009 posts, read 5,047,921 times
Reputation: 2999

Advertisements

When I wash I always check the pockets especially if I have just grabbed a bunch of dirty laundry that isn't mine or I haven't worn in a while...never know whats in there and its better safe then sorry. Besides it's not that hard to just get into the routine of checking pockets...And to those who complain about tissues in pocket I say to you you have a choice 1 tissue before you put it in the wash or 5,000 pieces of tissue when you open the dryer at the end of the cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,090,944 times
Reputation: 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
When I wash I always check the pockets especially if I have just grabbed a bunch of dirty laundry that isn't mine or I haven't worn in a while...never know whats in there and better save then sorry. Besides its not that hard to just get into the routine of checking pockets...And to those who complain about tissues in pocket I say to you you have a choice 1 tissue before you put it in the wash or 5,000 pieces of tissue when you open the dryer at the end of the cycle.
Exactly, so check your own pockets before you take them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
 
Location: NC
10,009 posts, read 5,047,921 times
Reputation: 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Exactly, so check your own pockets before you take them off.
Sometimes I forget. And besides its easier just to do it all at once when I am doing the wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,090,944 times
Reputation: 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Sometimes I forget. And besides its easier just to do it all at once when I am doing the wash.
You forget, so it's someone else's responsibility? Why? Maybe they forget too.

If everyone else would just take responsibility for themselves--in the small as well as the big things--no one else would have to follow behind them, right? Yeah yeah, in a perfect world....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Hawaii
2,058 posts, read 1,840,098 times
Reputation: 1551
I love this thread. My husband and I always agrue about this!

I think it's each person's repsonsibility to take the stuff out of thier pockets befoire they go into a hamper or dirty laundry basket. I've ruined a lot of our stuff with lip gloss... but he's ruined some stuff too. Of course when HE leaves something in his pockets I should have checked the pockets before doing laundry but if it's my lip gloss he put in the wash/dryer, it's also my responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
 
Location: NC
10,009 posts, read 5,047,921 times
Reputation: 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
You forget, so it's someone else's responsibility? Why? Maybe they forget too.

If everyone else would just take responsibility for themselves--in the small as well as the big things--no one else would have to follow behind them, right? Yeah yeah, in a perfect world....
It's not someone else's responsibility...it's my responsibility (at least that is how I see it). It's only someone else's responsibility if they are doing my laundry at which point I would not complain because they are doing my laundry.

However for the purposes of this argument, when I am doing the wash and I don't check the pockets it's my fault if something gets destroyed as I was the person who put the jeans in the washer from the hamper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
 
24,548 posts, read 14,978,913 times
Reputation: 24984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It's not someone else's responsibility...it's my responsibility (at least that is how I see it). It's only someone else's responsibility if they are doing my laundry at which point I would not complain because they are doing my laundry.

However for the purposes of this argument, when I am doing the wash and I don't check the pockets it's my fault if something gets destroyed as I was the person who put the jeans in the washer from the hamper.
You are in charge of your own pockets from cradle to grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:31 PM
 
Location: NC
10,009 posts, read 5,047,921 times
Reputation: 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You are in charge of your own pockets from cradle to grave.
Being single, I would wager to say I am in charge of/responsible for close to 100% of everything in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:44 PM
 
Location: I'm not lost, I'm exploring!
3,403 posts, read 9,348,841 times
Reputation: 5614
Hey OP, print out this thread, with the staggering poll results at the top and tell her that the world sides with her in this particular instance and even extends its deepest thanks for doing your laundry for you.

Make sure you're on your knees at the same time, it might help.
Oh, and then go buy another remote!

It's a rule in our house that you find what you keep if you don't take it out of your pockets before it goes in the laundry.
Lots of interesting finds. Lots of lunch monies, to boot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,179 posts, read 57,305,812 times
Reputation: 38468
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
Hi,
so fiance and i just got into an argument for NO reason.....

problem:
she did laundry today, and when i got home, she said that she's upset cause i didn't check my pockets before putting my pants in the laundry basket. as a result, my digital camera's remote control (value 15 dollars. she got it for me as a gift) was washed.

i said, it's ok. don't worry.
then she went on about how i'm not careful and i don't care and etc. and i said well, since you brought it up, i think it's the responsibility of the person who's putting in the laundry to check everything again before putting them in. She said "i can't believe you're blaming me...etc." to which i said "i'm not. i don't care. it's not worth fighting over. we'll just disagree about who is at fault. it doesn't matter. not worth a fight. if you'd like, i'll do my cloths myself from now on."

sure enough, she got upset and we stopped talking.

OH I CAN'T WAAAAAIT UNTIL WE'RE MARRIED! (/END SARCASTIC STATEMENT)

Who is at fault?
who should be held responsible?
You've got a lot to learn, lol, don't get married til you do!

Oh, and you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top