Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,979 times

Advertisements

What a GREAT thread!

I can say, with all honesty, there isn't one single thing I would change about my husband. And I've really tried, at times, to think of something. LOL!

With that said, I love to relive the story of when we were dating. My husband had just had a major accident at his work place (fell off the top of a 5 story building; broke every bone in his body, but facial bones). He had shattered his left hip and had just had another surgery to try and save the thigh bone (it was dying due to lack of blood flow). While still on crutches, he drove around town and would stop in front of people's houses where roses were in bloom. He'd get out of the car; hobble up to the front door, knock and ask if he could have a few roses for his girlfriend. If no one was home, he didn't take any. He said he met some really sweet people doing this, one little old lady inparticular who showed him all around her garden.

I came out to my car at the end of the work day and there was the most amazing boquet of roses with a note that said, "Anyone can buy roses; but I want you to know, there is no obstical too big that I won't work around to put a smile on your face."

And he's kept that promise to me, every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 05:06 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,554 times
My husband works so hard so I can stay at home with our kids. I could get job now that our youngest is in grade 2 but he said "no hun, you have worked so hard raising the boys just sit back, relax and enjoy your days without kids." He said I never have to get a job if I don't want. I so appreciate him for that and I know our boys are better off for it.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:44 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
My Dad started getting really sick from cancer the first year we were married. We prob spent 3 months out of the entire first year of marriage together and DH never complained. You would think year one would be all love-dovey and stuff but ours was tramatic, somber, and long distance. Never once did DH complain or say anything negative about me making the choice to put our marriage on the back burner for the first year. He was always there for me and I thank my lucky stars every day that I found someone that loving and understanding. I owe him my sanity!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:16 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Im thinking and can't think of one thing. My husband is not very detailed. He is however, dependable, hardworking and carring. Do I miss the detailed stuff??? Ofcourse, but it balances out.
After rereading my answer I thought I should elaborate on my husband. I havent worked now for about three years due to medical issues. We have had some tough financial burdens and not once has he said if only you were working. He has stood by me unconditionally through my grandmas passing and my nights at her house taking care of her thorugh her cancer. I have had three surgeries and when I was diagnosed with cancer he stood byme and pampered me like I was his first born. He loves and aes for my three boys as if they were his own. When we met sbout eight years ago i was an executive earning a good salary and I was modeling on the side. Physically I look nothing like the woman he fell in love with but he tells me on a daily basis how neautiful I look and that he loves me. No he isnt "detailed with presents, romance or flowers but he deinately is my BETTTER half.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:02 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,696 times
sorry about all the typos. I was typing in the dark, trying not to wake up DH.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:41 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,953 times
If I wrote the nicest thing my significant other has ever done for me, CD would ban me for life....

Old 06-16-2007, 04:04 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
The nicest thing my husband has done for me is take care of me when I am sick. It is so nice to know I can count on him when I don't feel good!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
My husband wasn't outwardly thoughtful or very verbal romantically. He bought me flowers twice- when our sons were born. He would buy me a birthday gift and leave it- in the bag with no gift wrap- on a chair and go to work. But he worked hard to support the family. A few years after our son was born, I was all down in the dumps. I felt as though I was contributing nothing to our family. At that time he loaded boxes on to trucks at 25 cents a box. I thought that I should go to work and he told me that what I was doing was just as important as what he did- that he couldn't work as hard as he did without me at home taking care of our son and keeping the house.

Many years later, when he was earning well into six figures, I had an opportunity for a great, challenging job. He cut back on his hours to cook for the kids and take care of the house. He still worked, but as it was in sales, what I earned was less than what he lost by doing this.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:22 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
I just thought it would be fun to have a thread to share the nicest thing our partners/significant other have done for us.
He loves me.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:46 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,433 times
It's not the things he does but the things he says...The other day he said "I'm so glad you married me" I melted like butter...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships