Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,759 times

Advertisements

So here is my deal. I've been married to a very hyper, fun loving, dymnamic sugar mama. Since we've met, she has always made a massive income as she is married to her career. We have always had a connection like 2 kids in a sandbox. As we enter are 4th year of marriage (NO Kids) I constantly flirt with the idea of divorce. We constantly fight. She has ADD, she has alot of noise in her head. Getting her to engage and focus on fundamental conversations requires me repeating myself over and over. She is Not maternal. While she is the breadwinner and does pay for 99% of Everything, she doesn't lift a finger. I am a very modern-doting husband running ever single task needed to get done. She hasn't checked the mail once. As an unemployed husband, I refuse to be a dead-beat. I want to be married, but I want to be happy. She is very selfish, which is why she is so consistently successful in her career. Her job zaps her energy leaving me to do alot of things on my own (for fun) on the weekends. I am getting my Masters and banking on getting a job the day I graduate. So whats the problem?
I am not sexually attracted to her. I've told her this as a result of things she does and does not do. She never cared until recently. So I have a sugarmama who provides a incredible life of luxury, but all the while absent and disinterested in being a proverbial wife. At 36, Im really starting to yearn for a woman who values being domestic, less rigid, and wants kids! She committed to having 1. But my gut tells me her parenting style will stem from worry and stress vs. enjoying the process of parenthood. I am a self proclaimed free spirt, but it has been ruined by being 'a kept man'.
Financially, she is my best shot (realistically) of having a kid, and having the American Dream. Emotionally and Sexually I am suffering. And whats worse is I have no leverage. Everyday I try to approach the day with a fresh start, but she inevitably pisses me off with her natural 'me first' mentality. The term 'sweet' is not something she wants to be known as, rather, smart and efficient, which she is. I just think I'd work better with a sweetheart who values her man and all I do.
I do believe money is keeping me stuck in a marriage that has become more and more stressful, resentful, and frustrated for at LEAST a year.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM

180 posts, read 378,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne7 View Post
Financially, she is my best shot (realistically) of having a kid, and having the American Dream.
"It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

You gotta get that crap out of your head. The American Dream is a giant, fat lie. Do what makes you happy in life, not what you think you should be doing. Clearly, you are not happy. You sound downright miserable.

Last edited by GT28107; 05-11-2010 at 10:36 AM..

Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 AM

529 posts, read 1,300,581 times
Poor guy, I feel for you.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 PM

947 posts, read 2,422,220 times
This is what happens when you sell your soul, man or woman.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 PM

22 posts, read 61,091 times
get a vasectomy or a divorce, don't punish a kid with your family issues...

Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,762,445 times
I agree....sounds like a VERY sad relationship...other than the money...what is good about it????

Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 PM

272 posts, read 639,913 times
Staying in a marriage for money, isn't worth it, you 're paying a price regardless. If it's only been 4 years, imagine a lifetime with her... Now is the perfect time to divorce because you don't have kids. Also BEWARE if you do divorce and enter the single world again: Most women prefer equals or a breadwinner husband when it comes to money and careers. Good Luck

Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 PM

213 posts, read 416,558 times
yep, divorce is the best in this situation. money isn't everything and may not necessarily buy you happiness.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne7 View Post
So here is my deal. I've been married to a very hyper, fun loving, dymnamic sugar mama. Since we've met, she has always made a massive income as she is married to her career. We have always had a connection like 2 kids in a sandbox. As we enter are 4th year of marriage (NO Kids) I constantly flirt with the idea of divorce. We constantly fight. She has ADD, she has alot of noise in her head. Getting her to engage and focus on fundamental conversations requires me repeating myself over and over. She is Not maternal. While she is the breadwinner and does pay for 99% of Everything, she doesn't lift a finger. I am a very modern-doting husband running ever single task needed to get done. She hasn't checked the mail once. As an unemployed husband, I refuse to be a dead-beat. I want to be married, but I want to be happy. She is very selfish, which is why she is so consistently successful in her career. Her job zaps her energy leaving me to do alot of things on my own (for fun) on the weekends. I am getting my Masters and banking on getting a job the day I graduate. So whats the problem?
I am not sexually attracted to her. I've told her this as a result of things she does and does not do. She never cared until recently. So I have a sugarmama who provides a incredible life of luxury, but all the while absent and disinterested in being a proverbial wife. At 36, Im really starting to yearn for a woman who values being domestic, less rigid, and wants kids! She committed to having 1. But my gut tells me her parenting style will stem from worry and stress vs. enjoying the process of parenthood. I am a self proclaimed free spirt, but it has been ruined by being 'a kept man'.
Financially, she is my best shot (realistically) of having a kid, and having the American Dream. Emotionally and Sexually I am suffering. And whats worse is I have no leverage. Everyday I try to approach the day with a fresh start, but she inevitably pisses me off with her natural 'me first' mentality. The term 'sweet' is not something she wants to be known as, rather, smart and efficient, which she is. I just think I'd work better with a sweetheart who values her man and all I do.
I do believe money is keeping me stuck in a marriage that has become more and more stressful, resentful, and frustrated for at LEAST a year.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

How old is your wife? Quite frankly she doesn't sound like much of a catch for someone that wants a family, as are most ball busting "career" women.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 AM

36,496 posts, read 30,820,705 times
You are living that great life that so many American women have, you know before feminism. What, not so peachy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships