U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:36 PM

29 posts, read 4,695 times
Default I always get a kick out of the people that say "Wait 3 or 4 days to call someone"

after your date? Who comes up with this crap? My wife and I had such a great time on our first date that we arranged the second date while the first date was still going on. People just need to step back, relax , and be themselves. A great date requires no effort, no great thought! Look inside yourself. use your gut. if something doesnt feel right, or if certain issues have to be forced this person isnt the one for you. Im sorry to rant but Im sick of counseling my idiot friend who makes things far more complex than they have to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 PM

24,032 posts, read 12,995,854 times
There's a manual, secret code and a class you have to take now before you are allowed to date.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:47 PM

4,892 posts, read 11,425,036 times
i agree. i think people go on second third and fourth dates "just to see" if their feelings change. or they stay together in volatile relationships for far too long. if it doesnt feel right, you need to move on. that person is not for you. i agree that it should just be simple.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,184,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniRomo View Post
after your date? Who comes up with this crap? My wife and I had such a great time on our first date that we arranged the second date while the first date was still going on. People just need to step back, relax , and be themselves. A great date requires no effort, no great thought! Look inside yourself. use your gut. if something doesnt feel right, or if certain issues have to be forced this person isnt the one for you. Im sorry to rant but Im sick of counseling my idiot friend who makes things far more complex than they have to be.
I agree with everything but the bolded. Being relaxed and yourself isn't always so easy for everyone, esp if you're shy or introverted. So, it can be quite an effort to make a great date for that reason, in some cases. But, yes, if you want to see each other right away, why wait? Why play games?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM

22,636 posts, read 9,636,183 times
If you call back the next day, it makes the other person think you are to needy.

Women want you to pursue them, but they also want a man that doesn't need them, but wants them. Need comes later.

Thats where the "3 to 4 day" rule came in at. I usually just shoot a quick text, saying I had a good time, the next day.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:04 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,184,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If you call back the next day, it makes the other person think you are to needy.

Women want you to pursue them, but they also want a man that doesn't need them, but wants them. Need comes later.

Thats where the "3 to 4 day" rule came in at. I usually just shoot a quick text, saying I had a good time, the next day.
I think it's as varied as the people dating. If you clique, you clique, why live by someone else's idea of how love should manifest or move along? There are no such rules in love, it only exists in the limitations of man's mind. By man, I mean all people.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM

29 posts, read 4,695 times
Quote:

A women who is independent and strong yet nurturing and loving ( The kind you want to be with for the long haul) isnt gonna give two craps about a three or four day rule and in fact may get turned off by it if she senses anything less than intellectual honesty. That may work with women with self-esteem issues or dependency issues themselves.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:07 PM

2,058 posts, read 1,672,480 times
If it works for you not to wait (work meaning, you get what you were going for from the relationship), then yeah call whatever you want (sooner). If the guy (or person, I suppose) quickly loses interest when you call right away, then you should think about why that may be.

Of course it isn't a hard and fast rule, nothing is. Calling early is just something a lot of people seemed to notice didn't work as often.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:40 PM

3,056 posts, read 1,204,951 times
Quote:
Nonsense. If I'm really into a guy, I don't care if he calls me within the hour, I want to hear from him (even though I may worry a bit why I was so viscerally attracted to him immediately, maybe there were other things I didn't see/ignored). Then again, if I have a 'meh' attitude towards a guy (95% of my dates) then I'm going to think he's desperate if he calls sooner than I wish to hear from him.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:44 PM

31,836 posts, read 17,100,867 times
I agree dating rules suck. I say I pay for the date, buy him flowers....and expect to get lucky.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships