Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
He ain't lookin' for garage sales.
He might find some garbage there though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
you should have a friend call it and set up a meet then you wait for him to show up. that would be perfect time to then dump him also
Hahahaha that would suck for him.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,656 times
A friend of mine told me a funny story about how he accidentally spent almost an hour looking at the hook-up ads on Craigslist (it was funny when he told it, my re-telling won't be). He was reading the "Best Of", which are sometimes pretty funny, and decided to see what the want ads were, since there were some very strange ones in the "Best Of". He said that some of them were so bizarre/disturbing that he became fascinated and could not stop reading. I think he was fairly creeped out by what some people will post on Craigslist. I almost wanted to go read some myself, just to find out if it was as bad as he said; but, I couldn't do it.

You fiance may have stumbled upon them the same way and read them for the same reason. If he has never given you any reason to doubt him, I wouldn't consider this reason to do so now.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
A friend of mine told me a funny story about how he accidentally spent almost an hour looking at the hook-up ads on Craigslist (it was funny when he told it, my re-telling won't be). He was reading the "Best Of", which are sometimes pretty funny, and decided to see what the want ads were, since there were some very strange ones in the "Best Of". He said that some of them were so bizarre/disturbing that he became fascinated and could not stop reading. I think he was fairly creeped out by what some people will post on Craigslist. I almost wanted to go read some myself, just to find out if it was as bad as he said; but, I couldn't do it.

You fiance may have stumbled upon them the same way and read them for the same reason. If he has never given you any reason to doubt him, I wouldn't consider this reason to do so now.
Hmmm.....maybe.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:36 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
He didn't post an ad. He's looking at ads that others have posted.

Oh yes sorry about that...Why not write an ad like the ones he's looking at? And give to him if you find no problem with it??

Old 05-22-2010, 10:26 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
It means NOTHING!!!!! ZILCH!!!

I read them too, about once a year when I'm bored and happen onto them. Most people probably read them more often than that.

Before the internet put the cabosh on newspaper classified ads, the personals was one of the most popular sections in a newspaper. (I'm a former daily newspaper publisher.) It's entertaining. It's funny. It's also educational. A very, very small percentage of those who read that kind of stuff act on it.

It's been a year or two since I've read that section of Craigslist. I think I'll go read it now.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
I've read them myself out of curiosity. You know him better than we do but I wouldn't make too much of it. Why not just ask him? I would.

Keep in mind that men always deny, deny, deny even when caught red-handed. Be sure to look him in the eye when you ask about it. Body language doesn't lie.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:12 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brose17 View Post
Well I found out because I was posting a couch of ours on craigslist and i saw that where he clicked was in purple so I followed it and looked at the ads he looked at. He didnt post anything.
From what I've read it's hard to tell.

One forum site I sometimes visit has what they call the "Craigslist Monster of the Day" featuring a female that wants sex or a relationship. I always click to check it out, as would 99% of males on CD, just to see what is there. Just because I look doesn't mean I am looking for outside sex.

Then I see other ads I'd look.... not looking for outside sex just looking.

In my mind what matters is how often does he look? If it is every day you got a problem if it's every few months or so he could be looking at monsters like I do.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
He's just looking for a good deal on some "used" stuff I'm sure.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 AM

496 posts, read 941,138 times
OK, I'd check the browser history and the cache. That will show you how much time he put into it and what he did. I have no qualms with double-checking my investment. I also know I'd wonder about it enough that it's best to just know. I'd also make jokes about it to gauge the reaction.

I've read personals elsewhere (not craigslist) for entertainment - absolutely no sincere interest. I've never understood the personals - the need to post them or the desire to meet someone through them - so for me, it's just a dark fascination... what people write about themselves, what they reveal and don't, how they say it, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships