Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 PM

147 posts, read 296,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Whatchoo talkin 'bout, Willis?

How is he "hiding something"? Because he didn't mention it to the OP? Did I miss something? Surely we can't be expected to report everything we read to our partners. I probably read 6-8 hours a day. Since I read faster than I can talk, it would take me 16 hours to report all of it, and then I'd forget something and be accused of "hiding something". Or did I miss something?
The OP obviously is not okay with it or else she wouldn't have asked us. Her SO probably knew she wouldn't be cool with it so he never mentioned it. It's not like he isn't sharing with her what he read in an online newspaper...he's looking at something that is sexually explicit. If my boyfriend looked through that he would call me in to join or at least mention it later, but I guess that's expecting too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 PM

164 posts, read 500,648 times
He is definitely fishing for something more than your relationship. It doesn't mean that he doesn't like you but he may want some adventure outside of your relationship.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,323,230 times
Or maybe he's looking to see if he knows any of them.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,426,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cieramc View Post
The OP obviously is not okay with it or else she wouldn't have asked us.
She should just ask him. She said he has never given her any reason to doubt him; so, it seems rather unfair that the poor guy is being judged behind his back in the court of public opinion.

How many people read through this forum frequently, but are not looking for any relationship advice? It's just entertainment for most of us. I bet Craigslist was the same for him.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,542,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brose17 View Post
Hello, I recently found out that my fiancee looks at personal's "wanting sex" ads in our area on craigslist. Is this normal, is he just looking?
Can you ask him how he ended up there? I sometimes click on some the ad links on this website, just out of curiousity as some of them are really ridiculous. Maybe he was on a normal website that had CL's ad link and clicked on it just to see what's going on there.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,542,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
How many people read through this forum frequently, but are not looking for any relationship advice? It's just entertainment for most of us. I bet Craigslist was the same for him.
I know, this could also be a possibility. I remember A friend of mine told me that if I ever need a really good laugh, I should look up CL's women seeking women page, and when I did I surely had a really good laugh! If my BF snooped and saw this, I would have been more than happy to explain.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,980,678 times
OK, y'all got me curious, LOL, so I checked out our local Craig's List personals. Dang! (It explains a lot about TVSG if this is where he looks for dates!)

Anyhoo, I don't understand the abbreviations. What do mw4w, m4m, m4w, t4m, etc. mean????

Old 05-24-2010, 03:02 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,652,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
OK, y'all got me curious, LOL, so I checked out our local Craig's List personals. Dang! (It explains a lot about TVSG if this is where he looks for dates!)

Anyhoo, I don't understand the abbreviations. What do mw4w, m4m, m4w, t4m, etc. mean????
mw4w - a male/female couple looking for a woman to join in

m4m - man for man

m4w - man for woman

t4m - transgendered for man

Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,980,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
mw4w - a male/female couple looking for a woman to join in

m4m - man for man

m4w - man for woman

t4m - transgendered for man
Ah, thanks, Onglet. Hmm, that t4m must be confusing -- how do they know if the person has transgendered into a man or a woman?

I'm suddenly very glad I don't have a Y membership! And I'm going to tell anyone I know who does to stay away from the toilet and locker room facilities!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,977,689 times
If he is on that secion of Craig's List - you should take him off your list!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships