Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Just because someone's interested in you doesn't mean you'll be interested in them. Look at how many men say they're not attracted to the women who approach them. And who complain that they're constantly rejected by women. Is there really an argument here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 09:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Yes.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,200 times
YES YES YES!!

If I find out a guy has a super mad crush on me, then I'm much more likely to pay more attention to him and even start crushing on him as well. I have had some co-workers confide in me that another guy in the group would ALWAYS ask about me and obsess over me when I was gone -- only to act totally casual when I came back around again. I had no clue the guy even liked me that much. Turns out he did... and I ended up in a relationship with him for awhile after that. But I can honestly say that I didn't even like him much until I realized how obsessive he was over me behind my back first. I ended up leaving him because we weren't compatible in the end, but I FELT IT also! I think it's cute.. something alluring about it, most definitely.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
YES YES YES!!

If I find out a guy has a super mad crush on me, then I'm much more likely to pay more attention to him and even start crushing on him as well. I have had some co-workers confide in me that another guy in the group would ALWAYS ask about me and obsess over me when I was gone -- only to act totally casual when I came back around again. I had no clue the guy even liked me that much. Turns out he did... and I ended up in a relationship with him for awhile after that. But I can honestly say that I didn't even like him much until I realized how obsessive he was over me behind my back first. I ended up leaving him because we weren't compatible in the end, but I FELT IT also! I think it's cute.. something alluring about it, most definitely.
I agree. There are articles on the web about this very thing- how if you want someone to like you, you LIKE THEM FIRST! Of course it doesn't always work or last. But in my case, MANY of my relationships started that way - either a guy liked me first or vice versa. My first real boyfriend in high school was a super-nerd that I did not even know, but he put an anonymous note in my locker one day that was practically worshipful - and I found it a huge turn-on. We dated for almost two years!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:29 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,408,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Do you tend to be attracted to those who are attracted to you?
No. Not necessarily. While I will always find it flattering that someone is attracted to me, it doesn't mean that I will be attracted to them. I think unattractive people will more than likely be attracted to someone who is attracted to them because, well, you know, they are unattractive and cant be picky or choosy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I was just thinking if you find someone attractive, is it much more likely that they are attracted to you?
While not always true, this is usually the case. Mainly because I have always been considered to be above average in attractiveness. My personality also helps put me over the top as well, so yeah, usually the women I find attractive, find me to be attractive as well. Its why I never had any issues/difficulties finding dates.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
No! Or at least not very often.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 PM

226 posts, read 253,641 times
I get really attracted to women who are attracted to me first. The naughtier their minds get, the more I like it. I can sense when I get them "where I want 'em" so to speak as well.

Pretty soon she'll get a smooch that will take her breath away......

Nothing worse than admiring a woman who is totally unresponsive to any sexual chemistry or romantic advances. No matter how good looking she is, she turns into a boring flirt very quickly. I've had many of those on my job. Save their ass by doing something very dangerous or above and beyond what is called for, then they treat you like a janitor or a security guard and don't even say thank you.

Ok, get Don Juan to help next time. Hope he doesn't kill himself in the process.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:21 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,874,287 times
Offline, no, not in a long time. Probably more times it's been women interested in me who (for reasons of appearance and demeanor) prompt a clear (silent) No from me than the other way around (I hardly meet people who interest me more than physically). Online, it's usually mutual. If someone's personality seems attractive to me, hello magneticism - but then availability, physical attraction, etc., typically kill things quick.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:15 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times
Sorry to bring this old thread back but my answer is absolutely not. I generally attract the exact opposite of what I'm attracted to.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:17 PM

101 posts, read 49,484 times
Do you tend to be attracted to those who are attracted to you?

Yes, especially in the past decade, a women's attractiveness goes up exponentially if she makes it apparent she is at all attracted to me.

In my life these days those are far and few between though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships