Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Because of the number of parents replying even though the OP was specifically asking to hear from non-breeding females? Yeah.
No, because the topic is about parenting, not about relationships between people.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:55 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
I an 44 (did I just say that out loud?) and do not want children. I have never wanted children, and do not enjoy being around them. I cringe when someone wants me to hold their baby.

Over the years a few people have told me that once I got pregnant I would love the baby. I have never believed it, not for a single moment.

My figure is not the kind that anyone would ever think I would be worried about ruining. My first husband shared my feelings about not wanting children and my current husband has a child who lives with her mother.

I have never been in a financial position to afford a child. There are plenty of unwanted children in this world and I feel that it would be irresponsible to have a child that I did not want and can not afford.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:13 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Not always, geez!
DD is in her early twenties and has made known for many years that she has absolutely no desire for children, ever. I am behind her 100%.
Been there, done that, know how hard it is and why it's not the right thing for everyone. Completely understand.
It's her dad who gives her grief about her decision.
Sorry, I guess I am just going off my own experience. I will never forget the look on my mom's face when I told her I wasn't sure if I wanted kids.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
No.No...and NO! Im 23, and like Desert, I dont even like kids. They irritate the crap out of me, and what most people find cute about them makes me cringe.

Yes, I get flak about it at times, because while Im polite to a coworker that has a baby, I dont fawn over it.
Right on Diamondgirl. I don't understand what is supposed to be cute about a brat. There is no such thing as a cute baby. They are ugly, and even uglier when they open their mouth.

When this thread started I thought it might die out after 2 pages of people defending kids rather then people not wanting them. Instead look at it......7 pages long of people who think like me. Guess I ain't the only genius in the crowd.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I have never been in a financial position to afford a child. There are plenty of unwanted children in this world and I feel that it would be irresponsible to have a child that I did not want and can not afford.
Yeah the financial aspect is a problem for me as well. By the time I have paid for things for the car, insurance, bills, food, rent etc etc etc I have about $20 left at the end of the week lol. There is NO WAY I could afford a child, and unless you are rolling in cash, I honestly don't know how people do it without stressing themselves sick. The expenses that come with raising a child nowadays are outrageous.

They say when you have a child your life stops being about you. Call me selfish but I hate the thought of that.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:31 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Shouldn't this be moved to the Parenting forum?
No . . . the Un-parenting forum.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:36 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, because the topic is about parenting, not about relationships between people.
Actually it's about non-parenting and a woman's desire to make connections between other women who are like her. Since when is a relationships board strictly about discussing romance? Unfortunately, the issue of a person being childfree is one that just does a sonic *whoosh* over the heads of many, bringing out the critics and yabbutters ("yeah, but ..") though there are a few enlightened posts by people like Urban Sasquatch (who I agree with in some ways, though I had to grin a little over how you were tripping over the efforts to not give offense ).

That's why I point people to CF boards.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 PM

20 posts, read 40,035 times
I have always said I wasn't just put on this earth to have children. I am 37, succesful, beautiful and have very good values. i have never been pregnant. I ended up with a man who actually has 4 children from 2 previous relationships and I can't say I exactly love it. I didn't know about the children for a long time then we really started getting serious so he had to spill the beans......well after you are madly in love with the man how can you possibly imagine not being with him. So I said what the heck and were giving it a try.

Now I am not sure what I was thinking because it is super hard and because they are not mine I really don't want to invest my whole heart and soul in to each one because they already have a mother. Sometimes I think maybe I should just go ahead and have one of my own and that could possibly help me adjust etc. Don't know? Just find that when he goes to pick them up on Friday for the weekend I can't wait for him to take them home on Sunday....I am just about pushing them out the door.

I love him dearly and would hate to be without him but this could be the deal-breaker!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Actually it's about non-parenting and a woman's desire to make connections between other women who are like her. Since when is a relationships board strictly about discussing romance? Unfortunately, the issue of a person being childfree is one that just does a sonic *whoosh* over the heads of many, bringing out the critics and yabbutters ("yeah, but ..") though there are a few enlightened posts by people like Urban Sasquatch (who I agree with in some ways, though I had to grin a little over how you were tripping over the efforts to not give offense ).

That's why I point people to CF boards.
Fair enough.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, the issue of a person being childfree is one that just does a sonic *whoosh* over the heads of many, bringing out the critics and yabbutters ("yeah, but ..")

Oh God, the yeah buts...

"Yeah, but maybe you just haven't met the right person yet..."

"Yeah, but you'll change your mind in a few years when the biological clock starts ticking..."

"Yeah, but when you hold your own baby you'll think differently..."

and my personal fave

"Yeah, but what more is there to life than having a family?"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships