Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 12:20 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I thought it was Conservative Gentleman.

Ya, MR BEAUTIFUL. My conservative gentleman nature, leaves me pure as the driven snow.

(and bored to death since all my stupid friends went out of town. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:01 PM

22,005 posts, read 19,112,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
She would be phenomenally attractive to me, as I fit this description as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I adore females that live that kind of healthy lifestyle. Any woman that deviates from the above IS NOT a good catch for me sorry.
yup, me too, count me in
(bonus points if they eat kosher too)

i have to agree, what it says to me about the person is they are healthy and they care about their health and they are better in the bedroom and are free of addictions. all very very attractive

Old 05-31-2010, 03:33 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
They do no drugs, don't smoke, don't drink, a vegetarian health nut. They look 15 years younger then their birth certificate says.

Can he/she be too straight arrow? Would you be willing to accept one major fault? All faults?

Can this person be attractive to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
I don't see anything unattractive about those qualities you listed. The important thing is does this person have a winning personality? Is s/he confident and likable? Does s/he have a sense of humor and is s/he kind, considerate, and a genuinely nice person?
As long as she didn't hold my habits against me.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:42 PM

677 posts, read 1,617,657 times
As long as this person wouldn't have a problem with me occasionally using drugs, smoking and eating meat, I wouldn't care in the least Different strokes for different folks.

But if they're going to throw a fit anytime I do any of the above...I'll pass.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,298,832 times
No this would not be a deal breaker for me--this describes my husband! Except that he isn't actually a health "freak". He loves Cosmic brownies, french fries, salad drenched in ranch dressing (I call it ranch soup), ice cream...

I have found that most people do not like people who never drink and never smoke. They are uncomfortable with it for some reason. Even if you aren't in any way judging them or even talking about it. The simple fact that you aren't doing what they're doing baffles or annoys them. Who knows why.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:34 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,451,014 times
Nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
They do no drugs, don't smoke, don't drink, a vegetarian health nut. They look 15 years younger then their birth certificate says.

Can he/she be too straight arrow? Would you be willing to accept one major fault? All faults?

Can this person be attractive to you?
So long as they are tolerant of others who do not live that way, then no problem. But often people who live very healthy lifestyles and have a long list of "don't's" usually aren't very tolerant and would probably not date anyone who does eat meat, smoke, or drink. I'm not saying never, because I know someone will jump all over me telling me how their SO is a vegetarian but loves them even though they eat meat, but often, uber-healthy folks who are militant about their lifestyle won't date people who indulge in some of life's vices.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,163,646 times
Nothing wrong with the qualities stated above.

I don't see at all why people would refuse to date someone who is vegetarian. As long as they don't tell you how to live your lifestyle, why should it matter? Ruling someone out because they live a healthy lifestyle seems pretty silly to me.

Never saw the point of using drugs, never enjoyed how drinking made me feel (just tired and sloppy), don't care to get wrinkles and cancer from cigarettes and my vegetarian diet has always worked for me. If someone will rule you out because you have these positive qualities, they are doing you a favor in the end. Who would want to be stuck with someone who wants you to live an unhealthy lifestyle?

Both my g/f and I fit all of the qualities above so I guess it's a good match

Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,713,784 times
Is this an on-line ad you are reading from ????

Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,389,366 times
hell yeah someone to drive me home and make a salad....who could want for anything more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships