Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,287,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
They do no drugs, don't smoke, don't drink, a vegetarian health nut. They look 15 years younger then their birth certificate says.

Can he/she be too straight arrow? Would you be willing to accept one major fault? All faults?

Can this person be attractive to you?
I don't really see a long term relationship lasting out of that kind of set up.

I smoke marijuana, I drink beer, and I eat meat (although I have recently lowered my red meat intake to a small portion, once a month).

But, anything is possible, and some people are meant to be soul mates. If I found the right woman with the personal choices you have made, I guess it can work out.

Just as long as she doesn't mind me coming home with a deer slung over my shoulder, a bag full of fish, and a ammo box full of doves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,947,163 times
I can't for the life of me figure out why the first three would even be listed but as for vegan, I don't care as long as they don't care what I eat.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,513,057 times
Good variety of answers. Many of you are quite tolerant of others, at least what you are openly admitting anyway. One surprise is after 3 pages not one person has mentioned that no way no how would they tolerate a smoker. More of you complained about being with a vegetarian then a smoker. Unless you are all smokers I feel you are not being completely honest.

For me tolerance of others vices is always tolerable unless of course it's smoking. I can deal with some one across from me eating meat (as long as it's cooked, no red or blood) or drinking a beer but smoking? Never.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,947,163 times
Quote:
Good variety of answers. Many of you are quite tolerant of others, at least what you are openly admitting anyway. One surprise is after 3 pages not one person has mentioned that no way no how would they tolerate a smoker. More of you complained about being with a vegetarian then a smoker. Unless you are all smokers I feel you are not being completely honest.

For me tolerance of others vices is always tolerable unless of course it's smoking. I can deal with some one across from me eating meat (as long as it's cooked, no red or blood) or drinking a beer but smoking? Never.
Until ten years ago I was a smoker so in some ways, I'm more tolerant because I remember how hard it was to quit and how relaxing it was. It really did relieve stress--temporarily. I'd prefer he didn't but if he smokes, it can't be around me--must be outside. Where I'm not very tolerant is he better not try to kiss or touch me after smoking without brushing his teeth/rinsing or washing his hands--the residue gets on things. Just come behind a smoker and touch something he has after he's smoked then sniff your fingers.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:40 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,056,257 times
Drug user/heavy smoker...hell, no...would never date 'em. So points to this person for those 2.

Dated a vegetarian for 7 years...I gotta tell you, meal times got really old really fast.

I don't care if they don't drink. I dated a non-drinker. It kind of is less fun, but I don't drink that often anyway.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:40 AM

37,424 posts, read 45,609,203 times
Quote:
They do no drugs, don't smoke, don't drink, a vegetarian health nut. They look 15 years younger then their birth certificate says.

Can he/she be too straight arrow? Would you be willing to accept one major fault? All faults?

No drugs and no smoking are requirements. No drinking is fine (my BF has never had a drop of alcohol). Vegetarian would probably not work.

I don't know that I would call all these..."faults" though. Drugs perhaps...but that's it.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:41 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,091,786 times
Quote:

Send that person to Jacksonville, FL. I adore females that live that kind of healthy lifestyle. Any woman that deviates from the above IS NOT a good catch for me sorry. If I don't drink, why would I want someone that drinks? That's ridiculous. I accept very few faults because to me, being content in your faults shows you're too lazy to work on your bad habits and I can't be with you on that note

Old 05-29-2010, 08:44 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,330,244 times
Quote:

Well, smoker is a turn-off for me too, although if he didn't smoke around me I would probably be able to tolerate it if I really was into him.

I'm confused about this post of yours though. Original post said: "doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs" NOT the opposite!! All of it was of course fine by me, for exception of a vegetarian nut.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:47 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,362,183 times
Quote:

Yes, since I'm non-judgmental. people are different after all.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:52 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times
i dont drug dont drink dont smoke.
yesterday i went to a chicken farm and saw what they do to chickens to get eggs.
i am a heartbeat away from making your list of undesirable daters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships