Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:22 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,494 times

Advertisements

ok, my room mate is a wonderful person with a GREAT heart, I truly love her as a friend and person, but then, whenever we go out, or when men are around, I am embarrassed of her....

If any guy talks to me, or dances with me, she basically pushes me out of the way and takes over the dance, or the conversation..... then the poor guy has to sneek to talk to me after to avoid her...

Also, and this one is even MORE embarrassing, she CONSTANTLY makes remarks about her chest, and points to herself, saying how fabulous her "girls are" in front of complete strangers, basically right after meeting, so I slink away because I don't want to be seen with her and catch her reputation.... then she goes on and on how everyone is obsessed with her breasts, so last night, after being humiliated enough with people MEN rolling their eyes behind her back, or making comments like "Hey, look at my fabulous crotch" to make a point etc..... I finally told her i was ebarressed by this behavior, it is NOT normal, and everyone isn't obsessed with her like she thinks, in fact SHE is obsessed with her... SHE is the one allways brining up her breasts, not everyone else....

Needless to say, i am not here favorite person right now, but it is to the point I don't want to be seen with her or associated with her.... she sleeps with a new guy or different guy a night... she even sings "two guys a night" in replace of "tonights the night" in the "i've got a feeling" song.....

She is 37 years old, I feel she looks desperate and is spiraling down and I am a single mother and don't want to go down with her...

So, what else iof anything should I say, and do you think I was out of line for telling her what I thought???

What do I do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 04:30 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
ok, my room mate is a wonderful person with a GREAT heart, I truly love her as a friend and person, but then, whenever we go out, or when men are around, I am embarrassed of her....

If any guy talks to me, or dances with me, she basically pushes me out of the way and takes over the dance, or the conversation..... then the poor guy has to sneek to talk to me after to avoid her...

Also, and this one is even MORE embarrassing, she CONSTANTLY makes remarks about her chest, and points to herself, saying how fabulous her "girls are" in front of complete strangers, basically right after meeting, so I slink away because I don't want to be seen with her and catch her reputation.... then she goes on and on how everyone is obsessed with her breasts, so last night, after being humiliated enough with people MEN rolling their eyes behind her back, or making comments like "Hey, look at my fabulous crotch" to make a point etc..... I finally told her i was ebarressed by this behavior, it is NOT normal, and everyone isn't obsessed with her like she thinks, in fact SHE is obsessed with her... SHE is the one allways brining up her breasts, not everyone else....

Needless to say, i am not here favorite person right now, but it is to the point I don't want to be seen with her or associated with her.... she sleeps with a new guy or different guy a night... she even sings "two guys a night" in replace of "tonights the night" in the "i've got a feeling" song.....

She is 37 years old, I feel she looks desperate and is spiraling down and I am a single mother and don't want to go down with her...

So, what else iof anything should I say, and do you think I was out of line for telling her what I thought???

What do I do???

Find a new roommate...
and fast...she has issues
and no she isnt a wonderful person or she wouldnt be acting like that..
I wouldnt want my children exposed to that kind of person

Old 05-29-2010, 04:30 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,376 times
She just sounds a bit self-absorbed or narcissistic. She may just like the attention of men. Has she always done this, when out in public?

I can relate to her somewhat. I sometimes feel a glow when a woman comes to chat with us when out, and would spend more time talking to her. It's not something I can help.

I would say that either don't go out with her as much, or accept the rough with the smooth. Not all persons are without flaw (and who even defines flaw? it's subjective).

Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
If this is how she behaves with she is in public, then I would refuse to go out with her anymore.
I`m glad to hear that you was honest with her, and told her how you feel!
I would be embarrassed as well, if I went out with someone who acted the way you said that she did!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
If this is how she behaves with she is in public, then I would refuse to go out with her anymore.
I`m glad to hear that you was honest with her, and told her how you feel!
I would be embarrassed as well, if I went out with someone who acted the way you said that she did!

It is almost to this point, the probelm is we have a LOT of the same girlfriends... I guess if I only go out with her in large groups of our MUTUAL friends, it is not as bad, but yeah...

last night I though someone was gonna knock her block off at our table, and sadly I wouldn't have stood up for her at all.... she was all over all three men at our table, all 3 with girl friends, she ignore all the females, MY friends...... it was kind of my last straw I felt like she disrespected my woman friends so badly... grrrrr

Old 05-29-2010, 04:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
Quote:
It is almost to this point, the probelm is we have a LOT of the same girlfriends... I guess if I only go out with her in large groups of our MUTUAL friends, it is not as bad, but yeah...

last night I though someone was gonna knock her block off at our table, and sadly I wouldn't have stood up for her at all.... she was all over all three men at our table, all 3 with girl friends, she ignore all the females, MY friends...... it was kind of my last straw I felt like she disrespected my woman friends so badly... grrrrr
Yeah. It sounds like she is asking for trouble!
If she doesn`t understand why you do not want to go out with her anymore in public, after last night, then maybe she needs to stop, and take a good hard look at herself, and her behaviour.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Find a new roommate...
and fast...she has issues
and no she isnt a wonderful person or she wouldnt be acting like that..
I wouldnt want my children exposed to that kind of person

I wish it were that easy to kick someone out, but I have a feeling she will leave on her own accord sooner or later when she realizes I have a backbone and won't be her victom or doormat...

The few narssacists don't like people with self esteem for very long... they want a victom, which I am not willing to be...

Old 05-29-2010, 05:06 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:

What do I do???
Nothing. Her rent is all you have to care about

Do you really want a friend????????????

Old 05-29-2010, 05:06 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,341 times
Quote:
I wish it were that easy to kick someone out, but I have a feeling she will leave on her own accord sooner or later when she realizes I have a backbone and won't be her victom or doormat...

The few narssacists don't like people with self esteem for very long... they want a victom, which I am not willing to be...
Glad to hear your not willing to be a victim...

Old 05-29-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Yeah. It sounds like she is asking for trouble!
If she doesn`t understand why you do not want to go out with her anymore in public, after last night, then maybe she needs to stop, and take a good hard look at herself, and her behaviour.

Yeah, sadly I am kind of hoping someone gives her a bit of a scare, she needs a wake up call...

She had my abusive ex on her facebook the next day after meeteing him, then got his cell phone number, and home number etc and talked to him "looking for me" regularily for a few weeks, I told her to stop it, and she was sooo puzzled as to why..

THEN a few days ago, I met her ex, by accident and was just standing talking about sushi, and she charged over like a BULL and SHOUTED "this is MY EX BOYFRIEND"... I was like "excuse me, sorry, I had no idea... " then she spent the rest of the night reeming him out, while I got in a cab and went home....... so I accidentally talked about sushi to a stranger, UNITENTIONALLY, but she INTENTIONALLY gets every contact imaginable for my ex, but is all innocent when she talked to him intentionally......

Yeah, I want her out ASAP the more I think about it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships