Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 AM

173 posts, read 391,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
In my opinion average looks and income guys have their work cut out for them in america.Dating can be hard and seem like a real chore as you have to work for the affections of women.I have known alot of euorpean friends and from what they tell me and what I have observed from them is that dating over there is much more laid back and easier for average looking people.Freinds with benifits is alot more common there and sex is not viewed in a pruritanical way as it is over here.And alot of those countries prostitution is not socaily unaceptable so an average guy can get his needs taken care of and not get so sexually inexperianced.
So basically, the women of the world should sleep with you because..... ???!!

You want them to...

You have nothing to offer them... no commitment, no future, Do you at least take them out to dinner? or do they have to pay for that also?

Sexually inexperience isn't your main problem... Socially inexperienced is... Because if you are using the same logic for your employer ... (I need a job, you have a job... Give it to me... but I won't offer commitment, or future)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe you hate men. If I am wrong, you still said you hate men in your statement. If you only want a man to make babies for you and bring home lots and lots of money then blame your God who screwed up royally by making men and women so very very different. It is not the fault of men as a species. Men also look at women crooked and wonder why they won't give it up until after weeks of courting. After all, it's only sex, why do you hate it so much. Sheesh!!!
She never said she only wanted a man to have babies with or to bring home lots of money. There is also nothing in her post to infer or state directly that she hates men. Where did you get that idea from? She is only stating that the OP should not expect to get his needs met just because he wishes it to be so. Women are not here just to meet a man's needs. His original post was ridiculous and demeaning.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:10 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Whats dating like for average people in other countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
In my opinion average looks and income guys have their work cut out for them in america.Dating can be hard and seem like a real chore as you have to work for the affections of women.I have known alot of euorpean friends and from what they tell me and what I have observed from them is that dating over there is much more laid back and easier for average looking people.Freinds with benifits is alot more common there and sex is not viewed in a pruritanical way as it is over here.And alot of those countries prostitution is not socaily unaceptable so an average guy can get his needs taken care of and not get so sexually inexperianced.
I have a couple idea's for you to kick around. First, you might move to Nevada, and select a county where prostitution isn't against the law. That is an expensive option, but it will serve your needs when the strength in your hand and arm give out. Second, knock the center out of a knot in a back yard fence, that will leave a knot hole you can use totally cost free. All you have to be careful of is slivers and the neighbors watching you...

Old 05-31-2010, 02:14 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not sure what post you read, but that ^^ was certainly NOT his point.
I think there's a shortage of meds somewhere.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:55 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think that wins as the most seriously screwed-up post of the week.
Strange, do you know how may REPs I got for that screwed up post? You are all alone.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:01 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
Strange, do you know how may REPs I got for that screwed up post? You are all alone.
You got reps from men that think like the OP. She is not alone, because most women feel like she does.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:44 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Yeah...you go right ahead thinking that.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
He never said girls HAD to give it to him. All he said about needing sex was that prostitution should legal. Sometimes its hard to get laid for the first time if your a guy. A hooker could solve that for you. You people are jackasses.
That is not what the OP stated. However, if you are on his wavelength, then I can understand your frustrations. You have two hands as well, I suspect. Use them.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 PM

917 posts, read 2,948,314 times
Well, I lived in Europe (and spent a year in international housing so I met people from all over the world) and guess what? The girls over there still aren't big on casual sex. There aren't a lot of friends with benefits, there are the same poor girls that are being strung along by a guy they like that won't commit to them . . . sort of like we have here. There is still a lot of stigma attached to sleeping around, especially in Asian countries (according to my roommates from India, China and Indonesia). Western Europeans are less uptight about sex meaning they don't think it's a dirty secret and it's important in their relationships, but that doesn't mean they give it out to anyone at any time. Most women have sex because they like someone, not because they just want sex. Yes, there are some women who want some NSA fun, but they are not the majority in any country I've been to.

I know plenty of average looking guys with girlfriends/wives- instead of trying to nail everything in a skirt, they developed strong relationships with one girl that they liked over time. If you're having trouble getting a woman who is REASONABLY in your league in the US, then you're going to have trouble in any country unless you're planning to buy a wife and bring her home. Most of the decent women I know like the same thing- a kind, responsible (professionally & personally), hygenic, stable man. I don't know any chronically single guys who fit that category. I do know lots of guys who think they fit that and are in denial about at least one aspect.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Welcome to C-D

I find it funny how chessiemom somehow dervies that women MUST have sex when a man has a need. And ill stop being ironic/do my best to provoke and make a serious post for once if it offends you so much chessie (and the rest of the anti-sex maffia) Of course I would not sleep with anyone who "looks half decent" etc. If that were the case and only criteria it would get taken care of...it has in the past at least.

I mean that there is a need is a fact.
That no one wants to do it simply to fulfill someone elses need is also something close to a fact.

What I half jokingly implied with some irony to it before in the thread was that people make a huge deal out of the sex thing. I don't understand this and I find sex somewhat overrated(I have close to no nervendings still alive in the swords-tip so I hardly feel sex anyway; doctors screw-up)... it's the emotional connection that gives something, and hurts a lot when it goes south. I think what differs us and creates a big argument is that I don't count the emotional part into sex, for me sex is the physical deed, while the emotional side is separate(and the part I really value).

Back to topic, the OP wanted to know about Europe... if this is because you've recently seen "eurotrip", then don't believe what you see. Sure you can go to eastern europe and buy prostitutes all you want and pretty cheap too probably, but wear a rubber if you do(or you'll be welcome to the HIV-club)! Besides what the hell is that worth? You might aswell stay home and use your hand, the emotional connection is gonna be about the same.

I mean personally I'd see buying a prostitute as the final give-up and acknowledgment of eternal failure. I'd feel pathetic to actually pay for some chick to wrap her meat around my bone... My guess is that most of these women are disgusted about their costumers and and how fulfilling is that? "Nice I'm getting laid by someone who only likes the money slightly more than she's disgusted by me, WOHO!"
Offended??? Where the deck does anyone get the idea that I'm offended? You've obviously missed my point as well...which is this: The OP, who feels he is entitled to an easy quick lay, simply because HE wants it, is just plain immature. He's frustrated to be sure, but he needs to grow up. And he will...it just takes longer for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships