U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 12:58 PM

645 posts, read 1,007,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
For whatever reason, I have been approached by four gay men in just as many weeks. This is the first time in my life in which I have been approached by men. While I am not homophobic, it makes me sad that they are not women. I think it is related to the fact that I started weightlifting again a couple months ago and gained 30 lbs. And the fact that I have allowed my facial hair to grow.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
Yes I have, and I'm here to tell you that it's just a phase, and things will get better.

As far as meet and greets of the cuff, a sudden rash of gay men hitting on you will eventually stop. I'll explain this further, but generally, when you're approached by a complete stranger or somebody that you're barely aquainted with, it's usually because they find you physically attractive.

Consider the following:

Until my late 20s, I had a good paying union factory job. I was told by attractive women of all ages that I had a cute face. I had brown hair with natural golden highlights and green eyes. I am 6í3Ē tall, 200lbs and I had a 32Ē waist. All women told me I had a nice body. Now during this time, I donít recall being hit on by gay men much. I always had an attractive girlfriend, and I tended to mildly dress like a punk skater.

Early 30s. I suddenly found myself single after a 7 year marriage, and I lost my high paying factory job, which I have never been able to replace. I was now balding, but I still had my body. My dress became more conservative, and gay men just started hitting on my incessantly. It depressed me to no end. Letís face facts. Iím straight. I want a woman not a man, so when women stopped hitting on me and men did, I felt completely useless to females as if I was so ugly that none wanted me so I was now relegated to be the sex toy of a gay man. Iím straight! No straight man wants a homosexual relationship.

Late 30s began drying up. I stopped working out, lost my body, and I overate. In other words, I sort of got fat. Now Iím bald, fat, and poor!

Iíll be 46 in less than a week. Iím sort of fat, bald, and still poor. My face has drastically changed from my early 20s. In other words, I now have no redeeming qualities, so gay men have stopped hitting on me.

The moral of this story, if youíre down because you feel like only gay men want you, give it a few decades. Youíll get old and ugly, so that even the gay lovers out there wonít look at you.

The best part of all this is that by then, you wonít care! When I look in the mirror at myself and think about how I used to look, I sometimes wish I was young again, but then reality smacks me in the face. Iíd never want to go back to the youthful insanity of vanity.

If this didnít help you, I at least hope it made you laugh. I know Iím a piece of workÖ
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships