Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,386,037 times

Advertisements

Are you getting hit at gay bars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
lol gay men use their sense of smell to attract them to other gay males. Sort of like how animals do in the jungle. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Are you getting hit at gay bars?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,285,732 times
This thread gives me the creeps. I became homophobic (sorry artsy) after my hair stylist said he wanted to do me. Ewwwwww!!! Yuk!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:25 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,397,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That's the anxiety you have because you are turned on by it. Homophobic men are the most gay. Give it a try.
You couldn't be more wrong.....and this is my exact problem with some gay men, they try and "convert" you, even though in my case there is zero chance of that. I'm not sure whats worse people who try and ram religion down your throat or this....maybe a deadheat

Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Holy cow. Are we still really good friends though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
This thread gives me the creeps. I became homophobic (sorry artsy) after my hair stylist said he wanted to do me. Ewwwwww!!! Yuk!!

Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 PM

No way. I'm not trying to convert you. I think it's awesome you are 100% straight. Stick to it man. Good luck with the ladies. I hear they are nothing but trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.....and this is my exact problem with some gay men, they try and "convert" you, even though in my case there is zero chance of that. I'm not sure whats worse people who try and ram religion down your throat or this....maybe a deadheat

Old 06-01-2010, 03:07 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,589,683 times
I would like to nominate this thread for "the weirdest thread of the month". Of course since it's just the first day of June we'll have to wait to see if anybody else can top it. I honestly don't know what to think about the intent of the OP for starting it. There seem to be many mixed messages.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:24 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,443,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
For whatever reason, I have been approached by four gay men in just as many weeks. This is the first time in my life in which I have been approached by men. While I am not homophobic, it makes me sad that they are not women. I think it is related to the fact that I started weightlifting again a couple months ago and gained 30 lbs. And the fact that I have allowed my facial hair to grow.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
Take that banana out of your pants and maybe they will leave you alone.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,317,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
When have you known a male hair stylist to be straight?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,103,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think way to many st8 men think every gay guy is going to be interested in them. Its rather sad some are just being friendly and thats where it ends. I think way to many people, base a gay persons idenity soley on thier sexual orientation. The military and some college dorms are prime territory for this type of mentality. Actually most of American society.

Just be friendly. If your not interested in these people they should know it, or give them a subtle hint.
That's funny, and definitely true. My old roommate (girl) use to date guys and bring them home - and she'd always mention that her roommate was gay so the guys didn't have to sit and wonder what was up with her living with another dude (I don't act your stereotypical "gay", so either everyone thinks I'm straight, which is fine, or I tell people if it's appropriate).

Anyway, none of her boyfriends have ever cared since I'm not being all "gay" towards them. One thing they've all done though is casually ask her if I was attracted to them. Normally I'm probably the first gay person they've ever spent a lot of time with, so I get the "can I ask you some really stupid questions?".

I'm not into people she's into at all, so I've just never found any of them personally attractive. She's told them nicely and casually that I'm not their type, and I don't personally think they're crazy hot or anything. Nothing wrong with that. It's amazing how ANGRY about it some of them got. Straight up offended and were all freaking out on her. They all just assumed since I was gay I MUST want to jump on them 24 hours a day. One of them was like "What? What the f*** is his problem? What's wrong with me? I'm not ugly!".

She asked if they wanted to jump on every single girl they see all day long - and of course they all said no. It was a big wakeup call to them that being gay doesn't mean someone's a walking/talking sex drive. They live 90% of their lives just like everyone else, but happen to be attracted to the same sex. And it's the 20% or whatever of people you actually are attracted to, not just 100% of men.

I work in an office with 50 men, and I wouldn't even think about doing anything with 48 of them. They're just random guys I work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships