U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Incognito
7,002 posts, read 17,431,327 times
Reputation: 5403

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Holy cow. Are we still really good friends though?
Artsy, you're cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Chicago
38,691 posts, read 82,849,625 times
Reputation: 29179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
For whatever reason, I have been approached by four gay men in just as many weeks. This is the first time in my life in which I have been approached by men. While I am not homophobic, it makes me sad that they are not women. I think it is related to the fact that I started weightlifting again a couple months ago and gained 30 lbs. And the fact that I have allowed my facial hair to grow.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
That's what you get for looking so fabulous.

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/d/d4/180px-BigGayAl.png (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Incognito
7,002 posts, read 17,431,327 times
Reputation: 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
When have you known a male hair stylist to be straight?
I knew he belonged to the dark side but we still carry on a professional relationship, no one else would cut my hair but him. I guess he mistook customer loyalty and being friendly with me actually being interested (getting goosebumps as I type this).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 AM
 
71 posts, read 131,444 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No way. I'm not trying to convert you. I think it's awesome you are 100% straight. Stick to it man. Good luck with the ladies. I hear they are nothing but trouble.
trou·ble

–verb (used with object)
1. to disturb the mental calm and contentment of; worry; distress; agitate.

2. to put to inconvenience, exertion, pains, or the like: May I trouble you to shut the door?

3. to cause bodily pain, discomfort, or disorder to; afflict: to be troubled by arthritis.

4. to annoy, vex, or bother: Don't trouble her with petty complaints now.

5. to disturb, agitate, or stir up so as to make turbid, as water or wine: A heavy gale troubled the ocean waters.

But aren't we fun, too? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
 
6,450 posts, read 4,711,115 times
Reputation: 4291
Interestingly enough, ever since I got myself close to in shape (I'm still not in the shape I want to be but I am getting close) women have started approaching me. Shouting at me as I'm riding by on my bike. HEY SEXY!

I had women walking up to me and just grabbing on me. Tapping/grabbing my butt cheeks.

I always tell myself at the end of the day, at least they're women

I'm not even done with my self improvement.

Today I'm wearing a sign that says "Under Construction."



Yeah, this is going to be a great summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
2,102 posts, read 3,626,171 times
Reputation: 2685
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Interestingly enough, ever since I got myself close to in shape (I'm still not in the shape I want to be but I am getting close) women have started approaching me. Shouting at me as I'm riding by on my bike. HEY SEXY!

I had women walking up to me and just grabbing on me. Tapping/grabbing my butt cheeks.
Ha! I had the exact same things happen to me in public . . . when I had a girlfriend. Sometimes it seems like the best way to attract women is to already have a girlfriend.

Of course, the same doesn't seem to hold true with men. I was once on a date with a girl in downtown Austin, and we walked by the entrance to a gay bar where there was a line snaking around the block. As we walked by, I think I must have been eye-groped by at least 5 guys. I joked to my date that now I knew how she must feel sometimes around straight men!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 PM
 
1,003 posts, read 2,142,686 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
For whatever reason, I have been approached by four gay men in just as many weeks. This is the first time in my life in which I have been approached by men. While I am not homophobic, it makes me sad that they are not women. I think it is related to the fact that I started weightlifting again a couple months ago and gained 30 lbs. And the fact that I have allowed my facial hair to grow.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
It used to be rather easy to figure out who might be gay, and who is most likely not to be. However, many straight guys are looking more and more like their gay counterparts. Thus came the term "metrosexual." Gay guys would take the time to look nice, not allow their hair to grow to long between cuts, wear clothes that complimented their toned physique, etc. Straight guys usually limited their fragrances to Aqua Velva, Brut, or Old Spice, but not anymore. Years ago you didn't see that many men that were real muscular, and now it is becoming common place. A large percentage of bodybuilders were gay, and they often had more time available than a straight guy to dedicate to the gym. During the late 80's bodybuilding really catapulted in the gay male community. Gay night clubs often look like a bodybuilder competitions. Interestingly, I think gay guys are definetly more attracted to a muscular physique, than straight women are. I can remember when a straight guy wouldn't be caught dead with an earring. Now, its status quo.

For those of us that have been out of the closet for awhile we've seen straight men become more and more secure with their own sexuality and masculinity, to the point where they don't feel threatened or even slightly uncomfortable around gay co-workers or acquaintainces. It used to be coming out to a straight buddy, that you've known for years often meant the friendship was at risk of coming to an end. Now, most straight guys could care less, and will often react with a, "no kidding, I suspected all along" type of answer. I think it has also lead to a lot of experimentation with straight guys too.

If anyone is interested, if you are straight, building up your body at a gym is probably the best way to attract gay guys; also military type haircuts. Having a pony tail is one of the best way to be avoided by gay guys; gay guys hate pony tails on other guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 PM
 
1,003 posts, read 2,142,686 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I have gay guys making passes at me too, but usually it doesn't really amount to anything.
Hmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
 
1,003 posts, read 2,142,686 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.....and this is my exact problem with some gay men, they try and "convert" you, even though in my case there is zero chance of that. I'm not sure whats worse people who try and ram religion down your throat or this....maybe a deadheat
Straight guys cannot be converted. Period. There are however, many straight guys, who have thought about it, to the point of being intrigued. I served six years in the U.S. Navy, and when I tell people at least 30% of us were having encounters they usually don't believe it. For those that did participate, many prefered women. Others would discover they only want to be with another guy from then on.

I would argue with other guys that were in the military who dissagreed with me, and the problem is they were oblivious to the games we played to figure out who was interested, and who was not. Often, it was the guys who talked about woment the most, that were the most interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Texas
548 posts, read 1,246,131 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Often, it was the guys who talked about women the most, that were the most interested.
Interesting that you say this, because I do have a male hairdresser who isn't gay (or so he says). Yet he talks about women constantly and is extremely flirty with me. Like over the top. Hmmm... If he is gay, it would sure make his life easier if he just lived that way openly. These women he talks about give him hell.

I've been hit on by lesbians before. I always took it as a compliment, the same way I'd take it when a man hit on me. I've also been mistaken for a lesbian, but that's to be expected when I'm dancing with women in a gay bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top