Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:48 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
As some of you have understood by most posts before this I'm sort of a beta-manlet...

...and as such women my own age (I'm twenty) won't look at me twice, but women 30+ for example my older sisters friends, will make suggesting comments such as "If I was a decade younger you'd be in trouble" or "if I wasn't married~" . Some insist on hugs when we meet although I barely know them, and added with some alcohol some will take liberties like rubbing my abs or pinch my muscles at various places... the difference is like day and night and I have no idea why.

I don't mind attention from older women, it's still attention and I see it as a nice compliment, however I find it intresting that the difference between someone in her 30~s and someone in their twenties is so completely different...

Are older women just less picky or does taste change with age?

Having not read most of your posts I had this immediate question... WTF does that mean? Are you metrosexual?

Bed the older ones and have fun. Married women are fun when drunk so make sure they are. Make sure nothing of yours goes with them which may incriminate you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 04:57 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Having not read most of your posts I had this immediate question... WTF does that mean? Are you metrosexual?

Bed the older ones and have fun. Married women are fun when drunk so make sure they are. Make sure nothing of yours goes with them which may incriminate you.
5-year-old thread. OP is long gone. Hopefully, no news is good news, and he's happy.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:08 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times
I don't think it's a case of "less picky," in fact I think we demand a whole lot more of our mates intellectually, responsibility-wise, and emotionally. WAY WAY more.

I think it's more a case of: you seem sweet and gentlemanly (I'd guess) and the women think it's sweet and adorable.

It's also a case of the (I'm really sorry) overeagerness a younger man can sometimes display (been on the receiving end of that so many times, from my younger brother's friends)...it SEEMS adorable, cute, and desirable...from a distance. It's because there definitely won't be a relationship that it's "safe" to feel this way. Up close, in a "real possibilities" situation. overeagerness is very often offputting, no matter what the ages of the parties involved. But with a big age gap and the woman definitely not entertaining anything coming of the flirtation/conversation, it seems cute, adorable and something we'd want. I am sorry if that sounds unfair, just trying to be honest here.

JMO.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:28 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,845,611 times
As I have gotten older, I have become a lot more picky on compatibility in terms of upbringing, life goals and career trajectory. I realized, for me, it is pretty much impossible to have something long term with someone who has less ambition than I do.

I am not a workaholic by any means, but I am fairly successful in my career. When my mate doesn't have a similar level of success, at whatever they do, it doesn't seem to bode well for me over the long haul.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You're looked at as a piece of meat, not a potential mate. That's pretty simple.
This.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:55 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,100,408 times
Interesting that an "older woman" is a 30-year-old. LOL

Old 12-02-2015, 08:03 AM

311 posts, read 292,478 times
I'm completely shocked by how comfortable "older" women are in giving compliments.
A female friend of mine (15+ years older) told me once: "you look sexy today".
Could you imagine if the situation was reversed?
The guy would be accused of being a creep.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:32 AM

1,122 posts, read 959,507 times
My husband is 8 yrs younger than me. We have been married for 30 yrs. I knew what I wanted after two failed short lived marriages and a lot of abuse. I will be 64 in a couple of weeks and my husband is 56. :-) My husband was very mature for his age and he just went for it. He's a good man and treats me like a queen. I'm really serious. We've been happily married by the way. Respect and humor are the ingredients. Doesn't hurt that he is a Tug Captain and is out on the ocean for a few days so we have time apart.

I also do not put a leash around him. He never hung out in bars but loves to go on his Hunting and Fishing trips. Definitely a manly man. :-) My friends are tad bit envious. Tom and I compliment each other and it just works well.

I have a daughter from my first marriage whose 46 - she loves my husband and respects him a lot.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:24 PM

1,020 posts, read 807,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
5-year-old thread. OP is long gone. Hopefully, no news is good news, and he's happy.
Bummer. I kinda wanted to know what a "beta manlet" is and why anyone would want one? Sounds kinda like a Chia Pet to me & I don't know why anyone would want one of those either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships