U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM

25,076 posts, read 26,865,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamInShape View Post
In the past 6 months I had three women wink at me. One of my coworkers would wink at me every other time she would talk to me. I was at a job fair for another job when I started to talk to another woman in line and she winked at me a couple of times during our conversation. I was at a job interview and a much older 50'ish woman interviewing winked at me when she met me and then winked at me when I left the interview. I don't know how to react when I get winked at--I just ignore as if it never happened. How am I supposed to react when I get winked at?? I don't understand the full ramifications of the wink???
What a woman winks, she's really saying is "I crave your man sausage. I want to play Contessa and Stable Boy right now, right here. Please rip away my clothes and pour yourself into my labial abyss."

Try it next time. I'll wait right here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 05:02 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,175,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What a woman winks, she's really saying is "I crave your man sausage. I want to play Contessa and Stable Boy right now, right here. Please rip away my clothes and pour yourself into my labial abyss."

Try it next time. I'll wait right here.
Let's not forget some people have uncontrollable eye movements or something got stuck in their eyes. Thread carefully!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let's not forget some people have uncontrollable eye movements or something got stuck in their eyes. Thread carefully!
True. The first words you should ask her is, "Excuse me, but do you have a palsy?" If she says, "No," then rip her clothes off. It's only good manners after all.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
True. The first words you should ask her is, "Excuse me, but do you have a palsy?" If she says, "No," then rip her clothes off. It's only good manners after all.
On a serious note, I find it extremely distasteful...

Old 06-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
On a serious note, I find it extremely distasteful...
What? Winking? Or my lame attempt at humor?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
What? Winking? Or my lame attempt at humor?
Oh, sorry - a woman winking at a guy, of course.

Come to think of it, I find the opposite distasteful, too.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 PM

213 posts, read 513,427 times
I find I personally tend to use a wink to let the other person know "I'm one step ahead of you", in an affectionate way.

Boss: I'll need that case information by noon
Me: *wink* ----as I hand said case information to him.

If this is what was happening in your scenarios, rest assured the women will always be one step ahead of you, the wink's meaning will always escape you and we will always walk out of the convention hall with all of the freebies while you are still signing the guestbook.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:18 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,595,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stace08 View Post
I find I personally tend to use a wink to let the other person know "I'm one step ahead of you", in an affectionate way.

Boss: I'll need that case information by noon
Me: *wink* ----as I hand said case information to him.

If this is what was happening in your scenarios, rest assured the women will always be one step ahead of you, the wink's meaning will always escape you and we will always walk out of the convention hall with all of the freebies while you are still signing the guestbook.
If that is the case... a wink is not needed... using your sexuality is definitely not needed in the work enviornment... I see it as trying to use your sexuality.. I know as a male.. I do not want nor desire to see someone's sexuality at the work place.. especially if I am going for a job.. come on.. lets get a little bit of taste here...

Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
If that is the case... a wink is not needed... using your sexuality is definitely not needed in the work enviornment... I see it as trying to use your sexuality.. I know as a male.. I do not want nor desire to see someone's sexuality at the work place.. especially if I am going for a job.. come on.. lets get a little bit of taste here...

Maybe it is a regional thing, but here on the east coast the wink doesn't necessarily have a sexual undertone. I would wink at my brother the same way:

Brother: Mom's birthday is coming up
Me: *wink* taking card out of drawer for him to sign (meaning: I am one step ahead of you, ace.)

Did you ever see The Sting?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Oh look here is a Texan using the 'ol sexy wink in the workplace. I can see what you mean now. Very Distasteful!!
Attached Thumbnails
A Wink From a Woman:Meaning-bushdm0507_468x308.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships