Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Going to have to agree with Lab. Establish an emotional connection before you plan your honeymoon.
Yeah and then if she's not interested in him there will be a thread about how all she wanted was his wallet, is a skank, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Dont jump the gun here buddy, especially in the workplace. Talk to the young lady and get to know her "at work". You just saw her one day and already planning a date-slow down-she may not be as well-mannered and polite as you think. I would say take her to lunch
"at work" and just have a casual conversation-see where her head is-then if she's is into you and she is the well-mannered girl you think she is then ask her out. And be careful with relationships at work.
I was planning on doing that talking to her a bit first, and to the sophialee, I dont plan to make a thread about it if it doesnt go well

But it will go well

Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
One of the best dates I ever went on involved me making the guy dinner, and us going to the park together to play games. He had the game of horseshoes in the back of his truck, so we went to a quiet park and played horseshoes in the grass--in pitch black. It was a lot of fun.

Another fun date involved going to Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix and watching the planes land and take off. We had a picnic in a parking lot a mere 100 feet from the runway. It was AWESOME, especially because he had talked to my roommate beforehand and asked what I like, and knowing that I liked airplanes and going to that particular area, she suggested that.

The best dates are the ones that aren't extravagant and costly, IMO.

P.S. Be careful about mixing work with pleasure. It almost always comes back to bite you in the butt!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
WOW! You're moving waaaaay too fast and in the wrong place. Most companies have a policy against fratenization (dating) between coworkers. They don't want that drama. The very fact that you can't accept that she theoretically might not want to date you is a red flag. Looks like you don't care how she might feel because you have your own agenda brewing. If you don't have enough pespective and self control to stop yourself and see the downside of this, you're not in a good frame of mind to attempt an "office romance".

Also, her being polite is not the same as her being interested. I wouldn't like a guy I just met at orientation pouncing on me or pressuring me to do anything with him. I and countless others have suffered through the horror of being stuck working around someone who couldn't take no for an answer, who couldn't gracefully keep their emotional distance. And God forbid that person is in your department or manages your department. You suffer because they're a childish, entitled, self-absorbed, ass!

Given what I just read in your other thread, I suggest you put dating on the back burner for a few months while you beef up your bank account and make friends. Get better at those things so the cost of a date doesn't bankrupt you and you won't feel so uncomfortable and hostile around women.

Last edited by Ticatica; 06-03-2010 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
It's cute, but the sunset part is a little too romantic for a first date. Especially with a younger girl. The picnic/park thing is cool but I think you should go out or something after rather than snuggling under the sunset when you guys are pretty much strangers. I feel the need to ask how old you are...? A 19/20 yr old will probably think you're boring if you just still around the whole time. I don't think she's as quiet and polite as you think she is. She was at work, she's probably a lot more proffessional at work that she is in her social life, everyone is, and especially hot 19/20 yr old girls. Not that she crazy or rude or anything, she's just probably more active and likes to go out.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM

25 posts, read 93,922 times
Im older too. but i do agree with the last few posts. Get to know the girl a little first and find out if shes into that kinda stuff. She might think its Lame. It would have been nice when i was 19, but id also probly think he was a dork. maybe date #2.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:05 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
As long as you bring the whip cream in a can to spray in her mouth. That's cool.

Oh..don't forget...

Bug spray.

Ant traps.

4 bricks to hold the blanket down from the wind.

You know...all the things the ladies will complain about when you are there.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Keeping a positive attitude, I met this beautiful young lady at my new job here in Vegas. Today was my first day so I really didn't have a chance to talk to her but when we introduced ourselves at the orientation this morning, she seemed like a well mannered and polite girl (I believe she is 19 or 20)

But during the orientation I could hardly keep my eyes off her, I really hope she didn't notice that. But that doesn't mean I have zero chance now right?

Anyways I was talking to a close female friend of mine who is much older (she's like a 3rd grandma to me) And she suggested if I were to take this girl out, that it should be something light and fun, like taking her to a park, or on a picnic

I always wanted to do something more old fashioned like that would be fun to do on a first date, I think it would be very romantic to be eating in the park with her as we watch the sunset behind the beautiful desert mountains

Anyways my question to the younger women on this forum is this. If a guy were to take you on a picnic or like a nice stroll through the park on a first date would you be into that? Or is that too old fashioned or corny?
OMG I'm 21 (almost 22) & I think that's really nice. It's sweet & thoughtful. Now if she were a cold-hearted, gold-digging b*tch, she'd think it was lame. But I think that'd be sweet & it's different which can be a good thing. Good luck.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
OMG I'm 21 (almost 22) & I think that's really nice. It's sweet & thoughtful. Now if she were a cold-hearted, gold-digging b*tch, she'd think it was lame. But I think that'd be sweet & it's different which can be a good thing. Good luck.
What if she's just not interested? Then she's cold-hearted, gold-digging ***** too? Way to egg this guy on.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:40 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Hold on there tiger.

Don't get your sex where you get your checks. To me work is for working, not a pick up bar.

You don't know her at all for starters. I'd build up a good work relationship at first and feel her out some.

I used to be a chronic dater of girls at work. Big mistake. Good or bad everyone knows your business, other people can get jealous, gossip, innuendo, etc. and if it ends poorly then everyone knows. Like for instance, right now if you go and ask her out not knowing her, especially if she shoots you down, everyone WILL know and do you need that in a new work environment?

Leave the dating to outside work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships