U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 AM

2,795 posts, read 2,887,051 times

Advertisements

I prefer to oil wrestle chicks to see who gets to be on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM

14,935 posts, read 20,968,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Because I try to look at ALL sides of issues?

That's my guess regarding how you knew...
You're never at a loss for words

Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM

1,426 posts, read 2,397,594 times
Like I said earlier, I canít guarantee that I wonít strike ANYONE back who's courageous enough to hit me in the first place. It depends on who hit me, why they hit me, where they hit me, how hard they hit me etc. I donít condone violence against anyone let alone women, but anyone who hits me is subject to whatever reflex reaction I may have at that moment. This should be a warning; donít strike AT ALL, unless youíre prepared for whatever repercussions are sure to follow.

There are some Randy ďMacho ManĒ Travis type women out there who think its okay to slug a guy. Proceed at your own risk.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 AM

8,309 posts, read 31,682,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Guy 1 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would try and hold her wrists to stop her, but never hit her back.

Guy 2 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would hit her back to stop her then argue that if she can do it, he can too.

YES YES I know no healthy relationship involves physical violence, but the question is hypothetical.

A few months ago one of my best (male) friends told me he hit a girl in the stomach because she refused to leave his house. He had struggled to get her to leave for hours beforehand until he finally lashed out. I have been uncomfortable around him ever since, but he keeps saying if she can do it, what was I supposed to do? I just want to know more opinions.
Under normal circumstances, a man is not to strike an unarmed woman with a closed fist.

If she manages to draw blood, poke an eye, split a lip or compress a testicle, she may have justified a slap depending on a number of undefinable factors that would be unique to the incident.

Also, is this woman bigger and stronger than the man? Things are different if she is a credible physical match.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,266,380 times
I hit on 16 and stand on 17!!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Guy 1 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would try and hold her wrists to stop her, but never hit her back.

Guy 2 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would hit her back to stop her then argue that if she can do it, he can too.

YES YES I know no healthy relationship involves physical violence, but the question is hypothetical.

A few months ago one of my best (male) friends told me he hit a girl in the stomach because she refused to leave his house. He had struggled to get her to leave for hours beforehand until he finally lashed out. I have been uncomfortable around him ever since, but he keeps saying if she can do it, what was I supposed to do? I just want to know more opinions.
He was dead wrong in this case. No REAL man would deem it necessary to strike a woman simply because she won't leave his house. Are you kidding me? I would've left her right there and went to bed. She probably would've gotten even more upset then left if she had any sense.

This wasn't justifiable but if she hits him or vice-versa, I feel he needs to do whatever is necessary to keep her from causing him further harm.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 AM

3,053 posts, read 3,139,464 times
I'll admit I've hit a guy before, albeit nowhere like the face or genitals, just the arm or sides. He said a lot of intentionally cruel things and I didn't have the power to leave the situation. He responded by shoving me, really hard. I don't fault him for that per se, but I think whatever force you deal to somebody in retaliation, it should be proportional, acknowledging your respective strength levels. If a woman taps a guy, she should not be punched in the face by the full strength of your fist.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'll admit I've hit a guy before, albeit nowhere like the face or genitals, just the arm or sides. He said a lot of intentionally cruel things and I didn't have the power to leave the situation. He responded by shoving me, really hard. I don't fault him for that per se, but I think whatever force you deal to somebody in retaliation, it should be proportional, acknowledging your respective strength levels. If a woman taps a guy, she should not be punched in the face by the full strength of your fist.
I agree with you!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM

8,309 posts, read 31,682,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Unless it's related to love or affection, or sex, no one should be putting their hands on anyone. And only with their partners permission.

I've heard this crap from men like, "If she hits me, I'm gonna hit her back to prove I'm not weak or a p**nk." Proceed at your own risk and assume that once you hit her, she will want the relationship to be over. If that's cool with you, bring on the consequences.
Lee Marvin has the right idea here and I'm not sure how Angie Dickinson kept from cracking up... Make sure you watch the first 40 seconds and the last 20.

YouTube - lee marvin vs. angie dickinson

Old 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,243,631 times
There was another case on a youtube video which I must admit doing this last year (but I wasn't angry, just very drunk). However, our cases aren't the same because the men reacted differently.

In the girl's case located at a condominium near a swimming pool, she threw a drink at a dude's face. The man (or should I said bastard) in return kicked her on the legs and she tripped. Was that really necessary? It's not like throwing a drink at someone is a threat.

My case: It was a co-worker's friend's birthday party so some of us were invited. To make the story short, I got drunk easily with rum. In that state of mind and a bit annoyed, I shoved aside a male co-worker (the one who invited us to his friend's b-day but I think it was a hard shove because he kind of stumbled) that was simply trying to tell me I'm going to the men's bathroom. Later on while still on that state, I threw a drink another co-worker followed with laughing. Ok so that was a crazy and a risk at the same time but I was drunk... you tend not to think clearly at that moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships