U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 03:23 PM

28,906 posts, read 41,790,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
If a woman wants to fight like a man , she needs to be treated like a man .
Yeah, all that bluster sounds great until the police show up. They take one look at her black eye, and haul you off to the pokey. Police have little regard for men who hit women, and zero regard for the excuses. Unless you have a brain the size of a walnut, use it.

My brother-in-law slugged his wife. He caught her having an affair when the doctor told him he had contracted herpes. Guess who went to jail for assault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM

1,325 posts, read 1,700,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Guy 1 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would try and hold her wrists to stop her, but never hit her back.

Guy 2 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would hit her back to stop her then argue that if she can do it, he can too.

YES YES I know no healthy relationship involves physical violence, but the question is hypothetical.

A few months ago one of my best (male) friends told me he hit a girl in the stomach because she refused to leave his house. He had struggled to get her to leave for hours beforehand until he finally lashed out. I have been uncomfortable around him ever since, but he keeps saying if she can do it, what was I supposed to do? I just want to know more opinions.
For starters it's a false premise on several accounts, one being that you assume you can control her, and the second you assume she doesn't use a weapon.

And then there's the fact that no matter what you do, if she calls the cops YOU are going to jail...even if you walked away. Look up "predominant aggressor" policies for more info. According to many police policies you are now assumed guilty. Welcome to the reality of modern America.

http://www.lonenutcomics.com/2010/05/dv-dog.html (broken link)

On a personal note, I think Sean Connery's advice was spot on in this regard. "Shometimes a woman needsh a good shmack." When women are getting hysterical and escalating to violence, a little of your own can bring things back down. Just need to be careful and know the laws where you live.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:49 PM

6,199 posts, read 4,500,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong bundy View Post
We were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "your loser father couldn't keep a relationship together and you can't either!". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad. She won, and my dad kinda lost it over the decades.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it.

Basically, I cocked my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilage or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor. She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into my room and locked the door. So I went to wash my hands, and while I was in the bathroom I heard her run out of the house and take off in her car. So later I went home and broke down in tears.. My mom came in the room and when she heard about the story she got scared and said your moving with your auntie and uncle in bel air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror.
Have you and Jada made up since?

Old 06-10-2010, 03:56 PM

14,928 posts, read 20,601,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
And then there's the fact that no matter what you do, if she calls the cops YOU are going to jail...even if you walked away. Look up "predominant aggressor" policies for more info. According to many police policies you are now assumed guilty. Welcome to the reality of modern America.
On a personal note, I think Sean Connery's advice was spot on in this regard. "Shometimes a woman needsh a good shmack." When women are getting hysterical and escalating to violence, a little of your own can bring things back down. Just need to be careful and know the laws where you live.
I don't even know where the above is coming from.

This link is what police and judges us to determine "predominant aggressor".

Practical Implications of Current Domestic Violence Research: For Law Enforcement, Prosecutors and Judges | National Institute of Justice

http://www.stopvaw.org/Determining_t...Aggressor.html

Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM

6,227 posts, read 5,254,010 times
Nutz76,
The thing is that not only showing her the back of the hand will get you in jail but she can also call the cops on you for whatever reason and say you were violent and you automatically get sent to jail and then questioned. That's just how the law in most, if not all, western countries is to "protect" women.

I have a friend in the office who's brother was sent to jail for something similar. His wife had a disagreement with him and in her anger called the cops and accused him of violence towards her and the children. He was handcuffed and taken to jail just like that. Women know law works in their favor so they use it as a weapon.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM

6,771 posts, read 10,906,552 times
Quote:

Yeah..know the laws before you beat your woman.

You truly nauseate me.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM

27,236 posts, read 37,694,236 times
My experience: the cops came to arrest me at work. She didn't have a mark on her, I had a black eye. Why did they want to arrest ME? Because I'm male?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
My experience: the cops came to arrest me at work. She didn't have a mark on her, I had a black eye. Why did they want to arrest ME? Because I'm male?
Did they ask you how you acquired the black eye, did they arrest you?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:07 PM

9,415 posts, read 10,276,934 times
Quote:
For starters it's a false premise on several accounts, one being that you assume you can control her, and the second you assume she doesn't use a weapon.

Once and for all time...MEN PHYSICALLY ABUSE WOMEN MORE THAN WOMEN PHYSICALLY ABUSE MEN.

You are one of the most twisted individuals I have ever read on a forum. Your vitriol and hatred for women knows no bounds. You consistently make false claims about women instigating a physical confrontation and then go on to use putrid anti-women blogs to defend your sick ideas.

What a disgusting piece of an excuse for a human.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:08 PM

Another good site.

Violence Against Women Program - Legal Issues/Resources (http://www.ndaa.org/apri/programs/vawa/dv_101.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships