U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,239 posts, read 23,995,449 times
Reputation: 10505
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Did they ask you how you acquired the black eye, did they arrest you?
No, I told them how I got the black eye when they tried arresting me--but after that they did not arrest me. However, they never arrested her either. They Baker Acted her once, but never arrested her or jailed her.

The Baker Act is for mentally disturbed people where they fear the person in question will harm themselves or others. They hold them for observation for 72 hours and then release them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
 
1,321 posts, read 1,033,992 times
Reputation: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Once and for all time...MEN PHYSICALLY ABUSE WOMEN MORE THAN WOMEN PHYSICALLY ABUSE MEN..
Says you. Women commit 70% of unidirectional violence and 50% of bidirectional violence. The problem with the conventional wisdom is that it's well, wrong, and that feminists move the goalposts when determining what actually constitutes DV. For all intents and purposes it's considered any violence by women against men doesn't count, so it just never finds its way into statistics. When adjusted for actual acts committed you get the numbers above.

More info:

http://www.mediaradar.org/

Last edited by Nutz76; 06-10-2010 at 08:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
 
2,947 posts, read 1,716,344 times
Reputation: 3725
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
[/b]


Please don't play little head games and act like any time a man if he decided to defend himself is doing so to prove that he is not weak or is a punk. Like I said before, I have never hit a women but every situation is different. Some women are big and can fight. Also every man who decides to hit back, it isn't always for the reasons mentioned. Most time they are freaking pissed if say a women punched them in the face, other times it could be reflex, sometimes pride, sometimes ignorance, sometimes warranted. Please stop stereotyping every situation as the same. That is really annoying. Your not intelligent enough to manipulate every guy on C-D with your absolutes.

I think most people know that every situation is different, therefore for every man there goes a unigue response. Some will walk away, some will fight back. Some men will simply get beat up by the women. Some men simply can't fight and some women can. All women are not made the same, and neither are all men. Please stop generalizing and manipulating the situation so that any man who would ever defend himself is some kind of punk or has false pride..

Furthermore, abuse is abuse. If a girl ever hit me in the face whom I was dating. It's over. Just like I don't hit women, they don't have the right to hit me. So whatever girl who would hit me, it's simple, goodbye. Don't want you know more anyhow.
When it comes to violence, there has to be zero tolerance and "absolutes" for me. This is not about manipulating anyone. If a girl hits a guy, there's consequences. If a guy hits a girl there's consequences. When a woman starts accepting excuses for why her man hit her, she's giving him a pass to do it again. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I found your rebuttal rude, and it seems as if you are trying to twist my words. I do not appreciate that, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,765 posts, read 6,892,715 times
Reputation: 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Says you. Women commit 70% of unidirectional violence and 50% of bidirectional violence. The problem with the conventional wisdom is that it's well, wrong, and that feminists move the goalposts when determining what actually constitutes DV. For all intents and purposes any violence by women against men doesn't count, so it just never finds its way into statistics. When adjusted for actual acts committed you get the numbers above.
Who murders more, husband/wife or wife/husband? You got some twisted facts for that too? I bet you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:27 PM
 
Location: In my skin
7,754 posts, read 8,056,976 times
Reputation: 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Who murders more, husband/wife or wife/husband? You got some twisted facts for that too? I bet you do.
Yeah, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
 
2,947 posts, read 1,716,344 times
Reputation: 3725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
"I love you, Morticia. May I place my arms about you in a display of emotion bubbling over into physical affection?"

"Have you submitted the forms in triplicate and outlined the specifics of where you intend to place your hands, Gomez?"

"I've got it on file down at the courthouse now, cara mia. I've even got another prepared for tomorrow in case the feeling arises."

"Are the copies with my lawyer, mon petit chou-chou?"

"I believe so, my dulcet roc!"

"I haven't reviewed them yet, you know..."

"Curses! Well, perhaps later."


I hope you never list spontaneity as one of your "desirable traits" for a partner! I can hear it now:


I loved him; he was so bubbly and spontaneous, which endeared him to me. Shame I had to have him locked away for fondling my breast...
'

Okay, that's very funny. Actually it isn't. I would be interested to know how you would react if you were absorbed in some televised sports, or one of your hobbies and your girl is all over you, wanting to cuddle. You'd have boundary issues for the moment, if you didn't want to be bothered, right? You would shoo her away, because her doing so would not be okay with you at that moment. This is all I am saying. So why the sarcasm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
 
1,321 posts, read 1,033,992 times
Reputation: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Who murders more, husband/wife or wife/husband? You got some twisted facts for that too? I bet you do.
And out comes the logical fallacy. How about you acknowledge the point I made about them moving the goalposts instead of changing the premise of your argument? Otherwise you only prove my earlier point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,765 posts, read 6,892,715 times
Reputation: 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
And out comes the logical fallacy. How about you acknowledge the point I made about them moving the goalposts instead of changing the premise of your argument? Otherwise you only prove my earlier point.
Your facts are not facts at all, they are from propaganda misogynist sites.

Now who murders who with more frequency? The oh-so-violent wife? Or the poor abused husband? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
 
Location: San Leandro
4,199 posts, read 3,885,338 times
Reputation: 2825
I have nothing against violence against women.

I'll never forget thist ime incollege when this big ol' black girl named durrita or durrito or what ever punched me in the face at a frat party for talking "smack" to her "homegirls", I would have knocked her out after she hit me, but some one in my frat beat me to the punch. And i don't mean a real punch, i mean dude straight up broke a 40oz beer bottle over her head, at which time she also hit on the table on the way to the floor.

I don't remember the ensuing chaos/brawl that happened after words, because I was running so hard and so fast that I'm pretty sure i ran all the way from Berkeley to Emeryville.


The problem is that feminazism in the courts, our laws, our police, and all other cultural institutions has proliferated to such a level, where it is completely okay for a women to do and say things that would get a man possibly killed, with out any consequence.

I call it the "snookie mentality" (remember jersey shore?)

This chick was in a bar and these guys drank some drinks that were not for them.
The guys from jersey shore house let it go, said for get it, bought another round and were ready to move on.

What was snookie doing? She JUST WOULDNT let it GO. She had to go on and on and on, getting in the guys face, putting her hand in his face, just being a general all around *****. Never mind the fact that had she been a guy, she would have been knocked out in about 10 seconds for the antics. This guy put up with her for a good deal, before he finally just snapped and socked her in her mouth.

And the worst part about it is this guy gets his face put on the news, his family and address all put in the news, his job, everything.

Mean while MTV airs the commerical showing her get punched over and over and over again, to lure viewers in to watch jersey shore, than when the moment comes, they black it out and dont even show it and try to play off this "violence against women is not cool"bs.

Yea it was so "not cool" that they aired it for several months to entice viewers and gain national attention only to decide at the moment of truth (the day the episode aired) to take it off.

What a load of crap.

If snookie had been a guy, she would have gotten knocked out, and the world would not have given it a second thought.


It is really this simple, act like a lady, and you will get treated like one, act like a man and you will get treated like one. You want the same equal rights and privilages as me? Well then step to the plate and assume the equal right to get punched in the face like the rest of us joe shmoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
 
1,860 posts, read 2,321,211 times
Reputation: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I have nothing against violence against women.

I'll never forget thist ime incollege when this big ol' black girl named durrita or durrito or what ever punched me in the face at a frat party for talking "smack" to her "homegirls", I would have knocked her out after she hit me, but some one in my frat beat me to the punch. And i don't mean a real punch, i mean dude straight up broke a 40oz beer bottle over her head, at which time she also hit on the table on the way to the floor.

I don't remember the ensuing chaos/brawl that happened after words, because I was running so hard and so fast that I'm pretty sure i ran all the way from Berkeley to Emeryville.


The problem is that feminazism in the courts, our laws, our police, and all other cultural institutions has proliferated to such a level, where it is completely okay for a women to do and say things that would get a man possibly killed, with out any consequence.

I call it the "snookie mentality" (remember jersey shore?)

This chick was in a bar and these guys drank some drinks that were not for them.
The guys from jersey shore house let it go, said for get it, bought another round and were ready to move on.

What was snookie doing? She JUST WOULDNT let it GO. She had to go on and on and on, getting in the guys face, putting her hand in his face, just being a general all around *****. Never mind the fact that had she been a guy, she would have been knocked out in about 10 seconds for the antics. This guy put up with her for a good deal, before he finally just snapped and socked her in her mouth.

And the worst part about it is this guy gets his face put on the news, his family and address all put in the news, his job, everything.

Mean while MTV airs the commerical showing her get punched over and over and over again, to lure viewers in to watch jersey shore, than when the moment comes, they black it out and dont even show it and try to play off this "violence against women is not cool"bs.

Yea it was so "not cool" that they aired it for several months to entice viewers and gain national attention only to decide at the moment of truth (the day the episode aired) to take it off.

What a load of crap.

If snookie had been a guy, she would have gotten knocked out, and the world would not have given it a second thought.


It is really this simple, act like a lady, and you will get treated like one, act like a man and you will get treated like one. You want the same equal rights and privilages as me? Well then step to the plate and assume the equal right to get punched in the face like the rest of us joe shmoes.
These are two examples of what I've been saying all along in this forum.

Some women think they can get away with anything because they are... women. What NorCal just said illustrates it perfectly. The vast majority of men would never go to another man's face and keep provoking them verbally without expecting some kind of response sooner or later. Women do this way too often because they think the man will not touch them. I've seen women scream profanities and dress down men tall and built enough to intimidate most average men in office buildings and clubs - the security guards, the bouncers; the very men who are hired to maintain security.

I don't like what that personal trainer did on Jersey Shore, but that woman can only blame herself. I gave two examples here earlier - my friend Jay who had a fat woman burn a cigarette INTENTIONALLY on his back after he asked her politely to stop blowing smoke in his face; and, a high school boy who was verbally abused and bullied for an entire school year by a so-called tough mean girl and who one day, sick of the girl's taunts, turned around and punched her in the face.

I repeat: I have never once struck a woman. But women for the love of all that is good and decent please do NOT do that the Jersey Shore girl did or what the black girl did to NorCal. It is EXTREMELY foolish and UTTERLY unrealistic of you not to expect at least ONE blow in retaliation if you hit a man, and if you get in his face and talk trash (if you are the one starting trouble) ... not all men will hold back.

The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top