U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM

12,179 posts, read 12,682,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The thing is that calling police for those kinds of things still get men in trouble. Men can be falsely accused of domestic violence, sexual harrassment, etc. And have police come over, handcuff them, take them with them, and then ask them. Happens all the time.
Thats the shame of it, that a women or man would make false accusations and stories, its pure evil, and no doubt happens every day.
The link for Radar Nutz76 posted is actually a very good site(in spite of the other posts I don't agree with) and addresses these issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 03:18 PM

27,237 posts, read 27,239,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

That's a very good point. "Extra" equal" is the phrase you're looking for that best describes what we have today. Women are not effectively a protected class that gets extra special rights and treatment from the govt. For example, there's VAWA and those predominant aggressor policies I mentioned before.

This is why I've said for a long time now that if women actually got real equality they'd actually stand to lose more than they gain. The entire notion that men shouldn't hit a woman would go away, women would make up half the homeless, war dead, on the job deaths, and so on. As it stands the govt forces equal opportunity, and in some cases quotas and incentives that ensure women get jobs over men, but if you notice this application is only in middle and top tier jobs. You'll never hear about a garbage collector losing his job to a woman. This is why feminism isn't about real equality anymore and is all about female supremacy. Once upon a time it may have stood for something resembling equality, but nowadays that's not the case and the proof is in the pudding of their actions and not their words. VAWA and the lawsuits and the misapplication of Title IX are a few examples off the top of my head. All I hear from feminists these days is hyperbole and logical fallacies that support or enforce misandry in one form or another.
A lot of women ARE homeless.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM

13,244 posts, read 10,919,772 times
Quote:
All I hear from feminists these days is hyperbole and logical fallacies that support or enforce misandry in one form or another.
Mostly because that's all you choose to hear from feminists these days, as it affirms your poor opinion of them.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:31 PM

5,054 posts, read 2,922,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Mostly because that's all you choose to hear from feminists these days, as it affirms your poor opinion of them.
Feminists did a good job marching for their rights to vote, go to school, to be able to work, etc. and have "equal rights". I wonder why they stopped there and they didn't march to get rid of chivalry or demand other women to offer it as well under the name of equality, demand to stop the whole marriage proposal from men only or demand other women to do the same (ring, speeches before both families, etc.), demand a change in courts for favoring women over men, ask for the whole "ladies night" in bars and clubs to be abolished, dating rules to be equal, weddings to celebrate both not just the bride, no more "women and children first" in emergencies, and so on.

Hey, I am all for equality .

Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 PM

3,053 posts, read 1,524,923 times
Quote:
I wonder why they stopped there and they didn't march to get rid of chivalry...
Sounds like you've never read a single book on post-modern feminism. Chivalry is all about "female subjugation", what rock did you emerge from under?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,618,443 times
Quote:
Feminists did a good job marching for their rights to vote, go to school, to be able to work, etc. and have "equal rights". I wonder why they stopped there and they didn't march to get rid of chivalry or demand other women to offer it as well under the name of equality, demand to stop the whole marriage proposal from men only or demand other women to do the same (ring, speeches before both families, etc.), demand a change in courts for favoring women over men, ask for the whole "ladies night" in bars and clubs to be abolished, dating rules to be equal, weddings to celebrate both not just the bride, no more "women and children first" in emergencies, and so on.

Hey, I am all for equality .
Chivalry is a choice. Who proposes and alcohol consumption are choices. You are not legally bound to be chivalrous or to propose marriage to anyone. Voting, working, and school are choices too. The issue was that women did not have those choices at one time. The fight, as I understand it, was largely for equal opportunity under the law.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Status: "Life gives you what you need to awaken" (set 7 days ago)

8,801 posts, read 6,085,807 times
I just love how some men say "Ok, women can equal rights but they have to be treated badly as well".

I see so many men in this thread blatantly stating that equality comes with the idea women should be treated the same as men in EVERY single circumstance, conveniently forgetting that as a rule women are physically weaker and more often than not unable to defend themselves against the brute physicality of a male.

Petulant that women appear to be having their cake and eating it too, they defend their acceptance of violence against women and perpetuate the cycle.

And then we wonder why domestic violence continues in this so called enlightened day and age.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:55 PM

12,179 posts, read 12,682,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Sounds like you've never read a single book on post-modern feminism. Chivalry is all about "female subjugation", what rock did you emerge from under?
Its not that they don't read, it has no correlation with violence.

The other pointless arguement here are men verses women statistics of violence, if there were not a need VAWA passed in 1994, would have never come about.

Violence Against Women Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Violence Against Women Act was developed and passed as a result of extensive grassroots efforts in the early 1990s, with professionals from the victim services field, law enforcement agencies, prosecutors' offices, the courts, and the private bar urging Congress to adopt significant legislation to address domestic violence. Since its original passage in 1994, VAWA's focus has expanded to address—in addition to domestic violence—dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. It funds services to protect adult, teen, and child victims of these crimes, and supports training on these issues, to ensure consistent responses across the country. One of the greatest successes of VAWA is its emphasis on a coordinated community response to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking; courts, law enforcement, prosecutors, victim services, and the private bar currently work together in a coordinated effort that had not heretofore existed on the state and local levels. VAWA also supports the work of community-based organizations that are engaged in work to end domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking, particularly those groups that provide culturally and linguistically specific services. Additionally, VAWA provides specific support for work with tribes and tribal organizations to end domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking against Indian women.

Last edited by virgode; 06-11-2010 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 10:14 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,589,936 times
Wow this thread keeps going on.. means it must be entertaining.
So the laws favor us.. big deal. That's the way how it'll always go and there's nothing you can do about unless you put a recording device or cameras (and has to be a valid case not.. oh she ran her mouth and so I sock her finally).
However, if you hit just because of an insult or profanities you'll be the one in trouble. Hypothetically speaking: Yes though I verbally attacked you and hurt so called ''ego'' it gave you no rights to hit me. So you can try any excuse, the cops will still take you down because it wasn't a self-defense case but a moron with no brains.
That man would be nothing but a scum in my eyes.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:06 PM

4,384 posts, read 2,046,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
NO. You never hit a woman or even call her the C word. Just walk away. Come on guys, if you are two weak to escape the clutches of a woman then I don't know what to say.

If you want to, call the cops. However most cops aren't going to do anything about it. Doesn't make it right....but 2 wrongs NEVER make a right.

Also, women that hit you, WANT YOU TO HIT THEM BACK! Don't be that guy.
eh?

the cops in your town are probably a bunch of Chief Wiggums.

Sorry, but no one is above the law.

I think it's wrong for anybody to hit anybody else, and to hide behind ancient chivalry or the law or a ***** person's way out.

Another point is that self-defence is a natural right, as far as I am concerned. If you hit, period, expect to get hit back. If one cannot take getting hit back, then grow some balls, or accept your lower position in the strength hierarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships