U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2010, 02:23 PM

2,736 posts, read 2,594,451 times

Advertisements

Point blank, women act a fool towards guys because they know most of the time we won't do anything in retaliation. If we do, we're viewed as the *******.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 02:29 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,376,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Point blank, women act a fool towards guys because they know most of the time we won't do anything in retaliation. If we do, we're viewed as the *******.
Exactly and this is shown even on Fairy tales. In the story ''The Beauty and the Beast'', it's always a woman being the beauty with the face unmarred while the disfigured beast is a man.
The reason is plain simply... if our face were to be damaged (tainted), no men would be looking at us. That's the start of how a man loves in love... beginning with the face.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:41 PM

8,811 posts, read 9,628,984 times
My SO knows I would never hit her under any circumstances, she also knows if she lays a hand on me I pack up an leave forever, The same thing I would expect my sisters and daughters to do if they are ever hit by a man.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:05 PM

6,250 posts, read 5,837,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Exactly and this is shown even on Fairy tales. In the story ''The Beauty and the Beast'', it's always a woman being the beauty with the face unmarred while the disfigured beast is a man.
The reason is plain simply... if our face were to be damaged (tainted), no men would be looking at us. That's the start of how a man loves in love... beginning with the face.
It makes women look all nicey and lovely to say all they pay attention to is a man's sweet tender loving heart, but that is fake. You FIRST see the outside of the package and then you start to discover different things about EACH OTHER.

A superficial man will base his relationship on her face just like a woman would to a man. Or a superficial woman would base her relationship on the size of a man's wallet.

Thriftylefty,
Good thing you wil teach your daughters and sisters never to let a man raise his hand against them but.......would you teach them as well never to raise their hand against a man as well? See, that is what I just find a bit confusing. Society teaching men to treat women like a queen, be a gentleman, and be honorful to everybody else. But women are taught just to be civilized but nothing specific about how to treat a man.

If we are going to teach boys to be chivalrous and do it all for a girl. Why not teach girls how to stay in the kitchen? Both teachings are sexist so why not go for it? Either that or teach them both to treat EVERYBODY with the same level of honor and respect. That would mean chivalry towards men and women among many other things.

Last edited by onihC; 06-12-2010 at 05:02 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 04:19 PM

5,879 posts, read 7,693,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Hanoi Jane?
See also bumper stickers "F*** JF"! Very good Soph!

Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,829,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Exactly. This is why if we had true equality women would actually suffer for it. Currently they just get special privileges in society, total true equality doesn't exist. If women did get true equality then that lack of retaliation would go right out the window.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:33 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,538,688 times
Hitting the girl in the stomach.....wow. That's not cool. He could have threatened to call the police to the residence and if need be call the cops if she wouldn't leave. Slugging her in the stomach - WOW! I would feel uncomfortable with him too.

Anyhow. I have a lot of male friends and I always believe it is wrong to hit a girl period. I will also say it is wrong for women to think they can shove, push, slap, punch, and assault a man repeatedly and then holla domestic violence victim (Chris Brown and Rihanna). He's still wrong for what he did but innocent victim of domestic violence I think not. I read her report (which was cloudy on the true details I believe) and I NEVER found his report regarding the incident.

Anyhow. If anyone saw the Babyboy scene where Jody (Tyrese) hit Yvette (Taraji ) happened after Jody socked him in the check, hit him, refused to let him leave when she was getting crazy by blocking the door, and began a barage of fist punches.......before Jody caught himself he slapped her and was remorseful. Two wrongs don't make a right.
But as my best friend tells the women he meets, let's remain civil at all times agreeing that issues can be discussed verbally.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:49 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,129,703 times
I'm a female. I think it's fine for a guy to hit an attacking girl as long as it isn't excessive and is just enough to achieve the purpose of stopping her from attacking him. Surely breaking her jaw would be a bit excessive. Suckerpunching a pregnant woman is also uncalled for. But a few slaps in the face, pushing her down on a soft surface to restrain her until she calms down... those are okay.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:34 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,205,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Exactly. This is why if we had true equality women would actually suffer for it. Currently they just get special privileges in society, total true equality doesn't exist. If women did get true equality then that lack of retaliation would go right out the window.
This is such a load of crap. Wasn't this already addressed in this thread? Women are beaten, raped, and killed by men every day the world over since the dawn of time. Frankly, it's damn scary that there are so many uninformed, ignorant people in the west. There is simply no excuse for it.

eta: And lets be clear about something. This is not about equality. It's an expectation that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 06-13-2010 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 03:44 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,376,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Suckerpunching a pregnant woman is also uncalled for. But a few slaps in the face, pushing her down on a soft surface to restrain her until she calms down... those are okay.
What about a serious case of a crazy pregnant woman not only trying to attack the man but she also has a weapon (can be a knife, hammer, etc.)?
What can he actually do, apply a bit more force and risk killing the baby in the process?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or