U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 PM

1,325 posts, read 1,727,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This is such a load of crap. Wasn't this already addressed in this thread? Women are beaten, raped, and killed by men every day the world over since the dawn of time. Frankly, it's damn scary that there are so many uninformed, ignorant people in the west. There is simply no excuse for it.

eta: And lets be clear about something. This is not about equality. It's an expectation that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner.

YouTube - Domestic Violence- Women are Half the Problem

It even cites the CDC study I mentioned earlier in the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 PM

19,081 posts, read 19,888,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

I'm not interested in your youtube vids, blogs, etc. We have already established threads ago that your loosey goosey citations belong in ACME cartoons. What you don't realize is that your statements are a put down to men any way. As if men at large are uncivilized baboons that only control themselves due to PC culture. Again, I don't see it as a matter of rights or privilege. Some are morons and some are not. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:

To add, a CDC study you mentioned? Is this something you actually read?

Any way, I found the radar article you cited earlier. So, first thing I do is a quick search of their citation list for the CDC. I find three. I do a search in the article for the numbered citation and find it being used under the DV myths tables. What do I find? A lie. Here it is...

Guys where do you stand on hitting?-dvcrap.jpg

It is a report addressing women. It is not a myth. Just because it is a report that only addresses women does not make it a myth. The fact this author lists it under the myths table has me confused. In citation #72 the myth claim is homicide is the leading cause of death for women on the job. He says, nope, wrong, it's due to transportation accidents. Did you bother to at least skim that CDC report? Again, his statements are off the mark.

From that report (http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/violhomi.html - broken link)...

Quote:
The majority (80%) of workplace homicides during 198092 occurred among male workers. The leading cause of occupational injury death varied by sex, with homicides accounting for 11% of all occupational injury deaths among male workers and 42% among female workers [NIOSH 1995]. The majority of female homicide vicims were employed in retail trade (46%) and service (22%) industries (Table 2). A large number of male homicide victims were employed not only in retail trade (36%) and service (16%) industries but in public administration (11%) and transportation/communication/public utilities (11%) (Table 2). Although homicide is the leading cause of occupational injury death among female workers, male workers have more than three times the risk of work-related homicide (Table 3)."

Differences in leading causes of occupational injury death by sex can be attributed at least in part to variations in employment patterns [Jenkins 1994]. For example, homicide is the leading cause of occupational injury death for female workers because they are exposed less frequently than male workers to hazards such as heavy machinery and work at elevations. The same is also true for differences among industries in leading causes of death. Workers in retail trade, services, and finance/insurance/real estate are not exposed to the same kinds of hazards as workers in construction, agriculture/forestry/ fishing, mining, or transportation/communication/public utilities. These factors are extremely important to the future direction of occupational safety and health as employment patterns shift from traditional heavy industry to retail trade and service sectors. Workplace homicide must be addressed to continue the trends of decreasing numbers and rates of occupational injury deaths [Jenkins et al. 1993; Stout et al. 1996].
Nothing in that report notes 43% due to transportation. Nor does the report make a charge against men. If anything, it's clearly noted that there is an absence of women working in transportation. Now, please muster the energy to address this baloney. Maybe I'm missing something.

What this article tells me is that the author is either A. lazy. B. dumb, or C. has an agenda that could be fleshed out by a five year old.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:24 PM

14,940 posts, read 21,003,341 times
I did some reading and looking around the site, there sre some truths, but an obvious agenda. Its difficult to say the accuracy of statistics on any site unless extremely knowledgable.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I did some reading and looking around the site, there sre some truths, but an obvious agenda. Its difficult to say the accuracy of statistics on any site unless extremely knowledgable.
I don't know about the site, but the articles are cited and pretty easy to check out. Given that the article is coming from the website, credibility is lost for me. If we see one roach crawling around on the kitchen counter, we know damn well there are a thousand in the walls. I've come across similar problems with links coming from Nutz in the past. As the saying goes, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. eta: but, hey, I'm open for correction if he can present it.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:07 PM

771 posts, read 773,159 times
If your physical welfare is threatened force is necessary, besides gender

Old 06-13-2010, 08:49 PM

3,424 posts, read 4,842,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
If your physical welfare is threatened force is necessary, besides gender
Thats how I feel. Regardless of gender, I reserve the right to protect myself from physical harm. All of the other X's and O's are for the courts to decide.

And particularly when there is a weapon involved, I reserve the right to bludgeon the face of my attacker, man or woman, into a fine powdery substance. I would say that Im pretty particular about weapons being used against me in physical attack; as they can cause a great deal of injury and harm, even when used by a small person. For that reason, I would feel pretty justified in beating any attacker unconscious or lifeless or whatever.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 PM

1,325 posts, read 1,727,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
la la la la I'm not listening la la la.
Ignorance is one thing, but willful ignorance is down right inexcusable.

Here's another good vid that exposes statistic tweaking to support the pro-female victim mentality industries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXVcUSBKH4

Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 PM

5,879 posts, read 7,238,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Thats how I feel. Regardless of gender, I reserve the right to protect myself from physical harm. All of the other X's and O's are for the courts to decide.

And particularly when there is a weapon involved, I reserve the right to bludgeon the face of my attacker, man or woman, into a fine powdery substance. I would say that Im pretty particular about weapons being used against me in physical attack; as they can cause a great deal of injury and harm, even when used by a small person. For that reason, I would feel pretty justified in beating any attacker unconscious or lifeless or whatever.
That is another thing all together. When the attack escalates to that, lethal force is justified. When you are told not to move and to get and keep your hands up, you better damn well do it.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Ignorance is one thing, but willful ignorance is down right inexcusable.
Translated as..."the word and interpretation of Nutz76, and his tools, doesn't fly as an argument".

I took the time to read your article even tho you did not read it. I then took the time to read the citations in the article you did not read, again with citations you did not read, and you're going to charge ignorance? That's pretty funny. And now, to clearly exhibit how lazy you are, in case anyone had a doubt, you post another youtube vid. It's the cherry on a dopey cake.

Quote:
Here's another good vid that exposes statistic tweaking to support the pro-female victim mentality industries:
The only victim on display here is you, Nutz. You're mad at the world/women for your own reasons, reasons I happen to be aware of, and it's simply easier for you to take the role of an ass rather than to get real with yourself. And speaking of privilege, the privaledge you are currently enjoying because it simply would be too mean of me to cast light on our resident George Costanza, live it up, Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships