U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 4,774,581 times
Reputation: 1813

Advertisements

Maybe the cops are finally starting to believe in equal treatment after all...however, if this were a man, I suspect he would have been shot or tasered (at minimum) and you wouldnt hear a peep about it.

Caught on Tape: Cop Punches Teen Girl - ABC News

but society has conditioned men for so long to believe that hitting women is sacrilege, that now even cops cant protect themselves without the pc police gangtackling them...guess he should have called the cops - oh wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM
 
8,680 posts, read 11,874,949 times
Reputation: 15172
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Please... I know people who have been to prison - The average prison is not the horror house that people make it out to be.
What you dont know about the correctional system is everything
ENNNNH!

My boyfriend is a CO.

You're barking up the wrong tree here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 AM
 
3,424 posts, read 4,774,581 times
Reputation: 1813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
ENNNNH!

My boyfriend is a CO.

You're barking up the wrong tree here.
nah, no tree in sight from what I can tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 AM
 
8,680 posts, read 11,874,949 times
Reputation: 15172
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
In college I applied to be a CO, but wasnt accepted because I couldnt do it full time. But my friend in college applied and he did work for the state prison system. He would often go to sleep on his tier because so little actually ever happened. For the most part, inmates have their little cliques and etiquette, and their routines, and on average day to day prison life is pretty uneventful. The juveniles and the youngsters are usually the problem causers. Old guys and lifers were pretty laid back according to him. He would go to the prison barber shop to get his haircut for free by inmates, who were training to become barbers when they were released. so, although opportunities arent as plentiful to people who are ex-convicts, they do exist...
Given what you've said about yourself and your mental health in these forums, and given what the procedures are, I'm going to say that your availability had very little to do with your rejection.

I'm also going to add that I don't know what prison or jail you're talking about, but "uneventful" is not how I'd describe the ones in New York. Slow nights? Yes. But there's always something, and my guy has been hurt on the job more than once, one time enough to put him out on disability for nearly a year with an injury that still bothers him.

So, I'm not liking what you're implying about any of this. Just a heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 01:05 AM
 
3,424 posts, read 4,774,581 times
Reputation: 1813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Given what you've said about yourself and your mental health in these forums, and given what the procedures are, I'm going to say that your availability had very little to do with your rejection.
yes because the rational thing to do is judge a person's capabilities to lock and unlock doors by their posts on an internet forum...yes, that is very sane. Im sure you know why I received a rejection letter based on your own conjectured rationale garnered from an internet forum.


Quote:
I'm also going to add that I don't know what prison or jail you're talking about, but "uneventful" is not how I'd describe the ones in New York. Slow nights? Yes. But there's always something, and my guy has been hurt on the job more than once, one time enough to put him out on disability for nearly a year with an injury that still bothers him.

So, I'm not liking what you're implying about any of this. Just a heads up.
Thats nice...I dont doubt your husband has been injured...but my friend never was, and actually became friendly with a couple of inmates. Other than that, if you dont like what Im implying thats unfortunate and frankly, too bad. Just a side note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 01:16 AM
 
8,680 posts, read 11,874,949 times
Reputation: 15172
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
yes because the rational thing to do is judge a person's capabilities to lock and unlock doors by their posts on an internet forum...yes, that is very sane. Im sure you know why I received a rejection letter based on your own conjectured rational.

Thats nice...I dont doubt your husband has been injured...but my friend never was, and actually became friendly with a couple of inmates. Other than that, if you dont like what Im implying thats unfortunate and frankly, too bad. Just a side note.

First, reading is fundamental: I'm not married.

Second, if you think all that a CO does is lock and unlock doors, you're sadly mistaken. In fact, you're embarrassing yourself by even implying that.

And third, if your friend is "friendly" with inmates, your friend is a scab who shouldn't be in the job.

You really don't know what you're talking about, and it shows. But by all means, continue to blather here and try to come off like you know something about it because you know criminals and scabs. Nice crowd you run with. Good luck with your credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 AM
 
3,424 posts, read 4,774,581 times
Reputation: 1813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
First, reading is fundamental: I'm not married.
Oh I thought we were making things up...well since reading is so fundamental why dont you get yourself reacquainted with those fundamentals so that you can read the actual reason that I received a rejection letter. Or I guess of course you can keep exercising those remedial reading and comprehension skills that you put to such good use here on City-Data.

Quote:
Second, if you think all that a CO does is lock and unlock doors, you're sadly mistaken. In fact, you're embarrassing yourself by even implying that.
Well I figured as long as you were making an ass out of yourself by making silly assumptions about me based on a few internet posts, it certainly wouldnt be too embarassing for little ol me to put forth such similar chicken sh*t statements as the ones youve made.

Quote:
And third, if your friend is "friendly" with inmates, your friend is a scab who shouldn't be in the job.
Lastly, my friend was friendly with inmates...why get mad at someone you dont even know, just because inmates didnt f*ck him up like they did to your husband (I mean your "guy") for being a c*nt? seriously, tell your guy friend to learn how to do his job right and he wont have to come home and make you help him lick his wounds.

Quote:
You really don't know what you're talking about, and it shows. But by all means, continue to blather here and try to come off like you know something about it because you know criminals and scabs. Nice crowd you run with. Good luck with your credibility
As long as I have company in my ignorance from the likes of you, and your battered "guy" ill definitely keep doing what I do. (obviously he didnt know too much about prison culture if he got himself injured like an idiot - but I guess birds of a feather flock together and you two are obviously mirror images of one another.) But anyway, Im good - Ill keep posting my statements and you keep spouting that chicken sh*t about your "guy" who got his retarded ass injured on the job because he didnt know how to do his job - if he even has one......Because we all know that being a CO is suuuch a great achievement eh?..real upstanding guy you got on your hands there....lmao..anyone can do that crap, and there you are in a committed relationship with a mindless gatekeeper - some crowd you run with there yourself....lol...Anyway, good luck with that brain restoration, youve certainly got an uphill battle ahead of you..

Last edited by solytaire; 06-16-2010 at 01:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 AM
 
8,680 posts, read 11,874,949 times
Reputation: 15172
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Oh I thought we were making things up...well since reading is so fundamental why dont you get yourself reacquainted with those fundamentals so that you can read the actual reason that I received a rejection letter. Or I guess of course you can keep exercising those remedial reading and comprehension skills that you put to such good use here on City-Data.

Well I figured as long as you were making an ass out of yourself by making silly assumptions about me based on a few internet posts, it certainly wouldnt be too embarassing for little ol me to put forth such similar chicken sh*t statements as the ones youve made.

Lastly, my friend was friendly with inmates...why get mad at someone you dont even know, just because inmates didnt f*ck him up like they did to your husband (I mean your "guy") for being a c*nt? seriously, tell your guy friend to learn how to do his job right and he wont have to come home and make you help him lick his wounds.

As long as I have company in my ignorance from the likes of you, and your battered "guy" ill definitely keep doing what I do. (obviously he didnt know too much about prison culture if he got himself injured like an idiot - but I guess birds of a feather flock together and you two are obviously mirror images of one another.) But anyway, Im good - Ill keep posting my statements and you keep spouting that chicken sh*t about your "guy" who got his retarded ass injured on the job because he didnt know how to do his job - if he even has one......Because we all know that being a CO is suuuch a great achievement eh?..real upstanding guy you got on your hands there....lmao..anyone can do that crap, and there you are in a committed relationship with a mindless gatekeeper - some crowd you run with there yourself....lol...Anyway, good luck with that brain restoration, youve certainly got an uphill battle ahead of you..

That you claim to have gotten rejected because you couldn't do the job full-time is nonsense. COs in most jurisdictions have to go through a police academy, and then they get sworn in as part of a sheriff's department. There is no way anyone could ever mistake a civil service, unionized job in law enforcement for a part-time opportunity.

The rest of your post is just a giant display of misplaced anger, poor anger management, faulty reasoning, and--here's the kicker--poor impulse control. Flunked the psych test, did ya?

And that's enough of that, ya wanna-be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 AM
 
3,424 posts, read 4,774,581 times
Reputation: 1813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
That you claim to have gotten rejected because you couldn't do the job full-time is nonsense. COs in most jurisdictions have to go through a police academy, and then they get sworn in as part of a sheriff's department. There is no way anyone could ever mistake a civil service, unionized job in law enforcement for a part-time opportunity.

The rest of your post is just a giant display of poor impulse control. Flunked the psych test, did ya?

And that's enough of that, ya wanna-be.
Yeah, you'd like for us to believe that you dismiss posts because they are "just one big display of blah blah blah"..Why dont you just admit that you cant read, and that every post on City-Data looks like the same garbled script as the last to you?

And a "wanna be" CO?..lmao..never heard that one before - most people know that Corrections is a last resort gig for uneducated losers and bottomfeeding rejects, but clearly in your household it holds esteem as the apogee of achievement...you even think that people "wanna be" and aspire to be a CO..lol.. Ill bet that little $3000/mo paycheck just sends shivers up your spine eh? Im sure your husband (I mean your "guy") is a hero in your eyes. - you might as well just skip to the chase and date an inmate.

And what impulse is there to control?...I guess im supposed to control the impulse to keep making you look like the uninformed jackass that you always look like, maybe?...Well, I suppose it would be swell of me to control that impulse, but truth be told, I get slight entertainment from trading barbs with you and making you flustered with my posts...

Anyway heres a little nugget of advice for you two lovebirds, you tell your little guy friend to control his impulses so that he doesnt get injured again....if he doesnt learn to control those impulses of his, they'll probably beat him even worse next time...They may even rape him next time if he doesnt learn to control himself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 02:08 AM
 
Location: In my skin
8,359 posts, read 12,807,175 times
Reputation: 8304
LOL....gawd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top