Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times

Advertisements

Guy 1 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would try and hold her wrists to stop her, but never hit her back.

Guy 2 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would hit her back to stop her then argue that if she can do it, he can too.

YES YES I know no healthy relationship involves physical violence, but the question is hypothetical.

A few months ago one of my best (male) friends told me he hit a girl in the stomach because she refused to leave his house. He had struggled to get her to leave for hours beforehand until he finally lashed out. I have been uncomfortable around him ever since, but he keeps saying if she can do it, what was I supposed to do? I just want to know more opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 10:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Attack your manboy and let us know what happens

Old 06-07-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheStripper View Post
Once was attacked by an ex with a full-sized summer sausage. At first it hurt, but you learn to embrace it.
Geez Jack!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Guy 1 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would try and hold her wrists to stop her, but never hit her back.

Guy 2 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would hit her back to stop her then argue that if she can do it, he can too.

YES YES I know no healthy relationship involves physical violence, but the question is hypothetical.

A few months ago one of my best (male) friends told me he hit a girl in the stomach because she refused to leave his house. He had struggled to get her to leave for hours beforehand until he finally lashed out. I have been uncomfortable around him ever since, but he keeps saying if she can do it, what was I supposed to do? I just want to know more opinions.
Back off and walk away! Rugged men hit very hard!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM

112 posts, read 255,670 times
We were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "your loser father couldn't keep a relationship together and you can't either!". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad. She won, and my dad kinda lost it over the decades.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it.

Basically, I cocked my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilage or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor. She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into my room and locked the door. So I went to wash my hands, and while I was in the bathroom I heard her run out of the house and take off in her car. So later I went home and broke down in tears.. My mom came in the room and when she heard about the story she got scared and said your moving with your auntie and uncle in bel air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:30 PM

232 posts, read 542,564 times
Quote:

You take out a cell phone, press 9-1-1, then hit send and talk to the dispatcher.

Problem solved in 2-15 minutes, depending on your city's response time.

Then you buckle down and find a better choice of friends.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheStripper View Post
Once was attacked by an ex with a full-sized summer sausage. At first it hurt, but you learn to embrace it.
Sounds interesting... The Crying Game, huh...?! Good thing you learned to embrace it!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM

So to answer my question... are you guy 1 or guy 2?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
So to answer my question... are you guy 1 or guy 2?
Neither, I would get out of that situation ASAP and wear her down that way! The chances are too great of someone getting hurt and most guys don't want that!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Sounds like the girl is a nutcase, dude needs to leave her right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships