Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 03:36 PM

26 posts, read 36,189 times

Advertisements

I actually read the majority of this thread, and can't think of much to add that hasn't been said already. However, I was a bit disappointed to see this post go under the radar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
True and in my opinion, this sort of delusion is becoming an increasingly dangerous problem, particularly among our increasingly young gelded male population....our society is trying to force its men to live within a system that will never allow them nor this nation to flourish in the long run... Men are necessarily darwinist by nature. For men, survival of the fittest is imperative to the continuation of the species. Darwinism is a masculine ideal that sets forth absolute power as its parameters. There is a victor and a loser, and men operate well within these binaries, with the acceptance that in that context, chaos happens.

What we recognize as feminism and gender equity etc is actually just a residual luxury enjoyed by nations whose men have already paid the cost by proving to be fittest by conquering other nations. Arbitrary values and relativism are things that only a nation's women can truly embrace and benefit from, without it compromising its power; once men begin to buy into it, you're basically on a path to weakening the protectionism that your male population offers from foreign conquerors..

Such notions as we can all be winners, and everyone is a victim rather than a loser, women are no different than men etc, are only notions that women can prosper and exist with [at least in the short term - and no doubt a few underachieving men would jump at the notion of everyone being the same with no hierarchy nor competition]. Men cannot. For men, in the interest and betterment of the species, life has to be a struggle to be better. And the motivation to mate and protect women serves as the catalyst for innovation/inventions, war, and luxury. A tacit acknowledgment of this reality, is why written law was created. Men may whine about it as we are doing here, but in the U.S. men created and enforce laws specifically to protect women and usually children foremost from bodily harm. The protection of all other populations are ancillary.

An acknowledgment that is evident by the fact that even in conquest, women were more often than not made into slaves rather than killed by their conquerors. Even if you look at human fecundity in general, men can violently compete until they literally wipe each other out, and the species will continue if only one virile man is left (I think one man once fathered 800+ children). That remaining man representing the fittest of course. It only takes the loss of a few women for humans to feel its impact on the next generation.

This doesnt make men any better than women nor vice versa; but I recognize that men and women are different and when it comes to continuation of the species and that it must ultimately be acknowledged. But anyway, this is why I have come to relate everything to procreation as gwynedd did. The reason I mention this is because, if the ideal is to be that everyone is a victim AND a winner all at once, and violence of no kind is to be tolerated amongst anyone, man nor woman, then we can expect to be properly overtaken by nations who's men ARE willing to compete for dominance.

This chasm will always exist as long as Islam or any other number of religions and underachieving patriarchal cultures can be found around the globe; As those cultures would clearly indicate a fundamental difference in world view and ideology or at very least the delayed success at advancing a culture that is patriarchal. (again, in my opinion, feminism is a luxury enjoyed by nations who have already succeeded at patriarchy and conquest)

[ /babble]
Kudos for your profound understanding of the roots of competition and the nature of human society in general, as well as your ability to put it in layman's terms. This is good stuff.

Kudos also to UrbanSasquatch and Sprawling_Homeowner who provided a number of outstanding posts of their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Sadly it doesn't work the other way around. If you watch COPS that just reinforces this statement. The guy almost always has to have marks, blood, bruises etc..... etc... proof on him for them to believe him. The woman can make a BS call and if the responding officers aren't sharp and catch her in her BS story it can take a while to sort out!
Oh yeah. I have seen a few episodes from COPS and have seen more than a couple of calls where the woman would be telling her story and all it takes is for her to shed a fake tear or two for the police to tackle the guy and handcuff him, no questions asked. It won't work that way if a guy calls police and accuses her woman for domestic violence. No wonder so many guys out there won't even bother to call police. People then think women won't dare themselves to do something bad to a man. I am not so sure about domestic violence percentages. How many of those are fake? How many men are not reporting since they know it won't help them at all .

Old 06-14-2010, 04:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,540,964 times
I wouldn't use a show like COPS to judge how all police handle DV, but it does send a message and you're right, could be a deterrence for reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Oh yeah. I have seen a few episodes from COPS and have seen more than a couple of calls where the woman would be telling her story and all it takes is for her to shed a fake tear or two for the police to tackle the guy and handcuff him, no questions asked. It won't work that way if a guy calls police and accuses her woman for domestic violence. No wonder so many guys out there won't even bother to call police. People then think women won't dare themselves to do something bad to a man. I am not so sure about domestic violence percentages. How many of those are fake? How many men are not reporting since they know it won't help them at all .

Last edited by virgode; 06-14-2010 at 05:20 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM

382 posts, read 758,185 times
Sure, if a woman becomes violent or threatens my life, she will get what she deserves to learn a lesson. Probably leave her with a few bruises and some bleeding so that she knows not to mess up with me the next time.

A woman who tries to hit me immediately turns into a man for me and gets a few punches in the nose.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
Sure, if a woman becomes violent or threatens my life, she will get what she deserves to learn a lesson. Probably leave her with a few bruises and some bleeding so that she knows not to mess up with me the next time.

A woman who tries to hit me immediately turns into a man for me and gets a few punches in the nose.
Like the cops would even care one bit... IMAO...
I understand the threatening life part, that was necessarily but the once attacker is no one a threat and you keep on assaulting them (according, to teach them a lesson), you're in big trouble.

The latter example isn't self-defense but intentional aggravated assault. Good luck with it.... just hope the woman isn't evil enough to place charges on you let only invent new false charges. She might as well add rape charges too.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,804,424 times
When I get home after a long day of work if my dinner isn't cooked good and proper she's gonna catch a couple of swift backhands!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:16 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
The latter example isn't self-defense but intentional aggravated assault. Good luck with it.... just hope the woman isn't evil enough to place charges on you let only invent new false charges. She might as well add rape charges too.
Oh yeah. A woman can also false accuse a guy about rape and same thing happens. Police comes, tackles the guy to the ground, handcuffs him, and off to jail .

Jason,
Hahahahahahahaha!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:37 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Oh yeah. A woman can also false accuse a guy about rape and same thing happens. Police comes, tackles the guy to the ground, handcuffs him, and off to jail .

Jason,
Hahahahahahahaha!
Indeed and yet there are still some brainless men who would rather overdo it using their fists (even if the woman only slaps him) than use common sense.

The only one I met like that was this online man who is seen boxing on youtube videos. However, the irony is he sucks at it. He doesn't even know how to close a fist correctly and according to my friends his standing position is wrong. LOL
I bet he's full of lies and has never won a fight in his life. Men like that who brag are liars but want to appear strong when they know they aren't.

Ending.. I'll never be his online friend again (was when I didn't know how he talk).

Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 AM

764 posts, read 1,556,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Guy 1 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would try and hold her wrists to stop her, but never hit her back.

Guy 2 if he is being attacked by a woman (no weapons, just hands/fists) would hit her back to stop her then argue that if she can do it, he can too.

YES YES I know no healthy relationship involves physical violence, but the question is hypothetical.

A few months ago one of my best (male) friends told me he hit a girl in the stomach because she refused to leave his house. He had struggled to get her to leave for hours beforehand until he finally lashed out. I have been uncomfortable around him ever since, but he keeps saying if she can do it, what was I supposed to do? I just want to know more opinions.
I stand with my feet at shoulder width apart and stay at arms length....JK, I'm guy one, and i have been in that place before. Chicks can be crazy but i'm nothing to tangle with for most guys, if i hit a chick i could probably kill her. I don't think a judge is going to care about my self defense plea when im 6'5 250.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,116,414 times
Quote:
Like the cops would even care one bit... IMAO...
I understand the threatening life part, that was necessarily but the once attacker is no one a threat and you keep on assaulting them (according, to teach them a lesson), you're in big trouble.

Quote:
Indeed and yet there are still some brainless men who would rather overdo it using their fists (even if the woman only slaps him) than use common sense.

The only one I met like that was this online man who is seen boxing on youtube videos. However, the irony is he sucks at it. He doesn't even know how to close a fist correctly and according to my friends his standing position is wrong. LOL
I bet he's full of lies and has never won a fight in his life. Men like that who brag are liars but want to appear strong when they know they aren't.

Ending.. I'll never be his online friend again (was when I didn't know how he talk).
Shakes Head. You're the kind of woman that would probably go up to some random man and start a fight knowing you'll get your head knocked off, then go to the police and say he hit you first. Yet, the cops are stupid enough to believe a lie over the truth. If a woman comes at a man with equal or greater force, she deserves it right back at her. Period. It's time out for taking it easy on women who think they have the right to come at men hitting and punching them and expect for a man not to come right back at them. That's foolishness on so many levels. And women wonder why no one will believe them when they are raped, because they have a natural tendency to lie. It's said that 2-3% of sexual assault/rape reports turn out to be false. I'm NOT CONDONING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN BY ANY MEANS but some women need to quit putting themselves in a man's position because some men have no problem beating the crap out of a woman, regardless of catching a case or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships