Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:59 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times

Advertisements

I broke my Blackberry the other day and realized, when I picked up my new phone, that I didn't save my contacts to my SIM card. So, I had to charge up another phone and copy them one by one into my new phone.

I saw a lot of numbers there that I know I copied to my Blackberry and thought to myself, why? Some of them I have no recollection of and others I will never have anything to do with or in common with again. I remember thinking that those names I didn't remember would come to me. But how would they unless they actually called me? Even those I do remember are so out of touch, why bother?

Needless to say, programming my new phone wasn't as tedious as I thought it was going to be. There are many people who are guaranteed to never hear from me again.

Do you all have people in your contact list you know you'll never speak to again? Do you have any particular reason for keeping them there or have you just not gotten around to deleting them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 05:22 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
For me, if I don't talk to you for a good month on the regular, you're off my contact list and I expect it to be vice versa.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
My best friend who died last year is still on there. Haven't been able to bring myself to delete him off of there yet. Otherwise, I keep a tight list, even if it's distant family I haven't spoken to in over a year. Eventually I'll get around to talking to them again and I'd rather not risk losing their number on a slip of paper.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,690 times
Actually PTC - everytime I get a new phone (2 years or so) that's when I go through my contact list! That or when I move to a new city - anyone who I know I won't talk to/visiit/ see again gets the boot.

Few people make the cut - the ones that do usually last for years. Often times if I don't delete them it's because I think there's an outside chance I'll need that number and don't want to have to admit to them that I deleted them!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I broke my Blackberry the other day and realized, when I picked up my new phone, that I didn't save my contacts to my SIM card. So, I had to charge up another phone and copy them one by one into my new phone.

I saw a lot of numbers there that I know I copied to my Blackberry and thought to myself, why? Some of them I have no recollection of and others I will never have anything to do with or in common with again. I remember thinking that those names I didn't remember would come to me. But how would they unless they actually called me? Even those I do remember are so out of touch, why bother?

Needless to say, programming my new phone wasn't as tedious as I thought it was going to be. There are many people who are guaranteed to never hear from me again.

Do you all have people in your contact list you know you'll never speak to again? Do you have any particular reason for keeping them there or have you just not gotten around to deleting them?
Nah. I don't really keep numbers in my phone for anyone other than family and good friends. Those few oddball folks don't get saved. Now, an ex-boyfriend of course, eventually gets deleted. But other than that - my contacts in my phone right now are exactly what I need.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

I don't use a cell phone for keeping in touch with people I care about.Besides I have an address book where I keep telephone numbers and addresses etc.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:15 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
I use my cell for more than personal calls to friends and family, so there are many times I'll keep contacts that I haven't spoken to in a while, knowing there is a possibility that I may want to reach out to them again. I also have many contacts that I keep for the sole purpose of sharing with others (therapists, physicians, etc.).

Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
I have people in my contacts list that I hate and hope I never speak to again but I want to know if if it's them calling before I answer the phone, so I keep them in there! A couple of them have called me before to cry about this, that, or the other (also known as thier own choices in life) so I'm sure they will again. ugh

Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I don't have many people in there to start with--and in fact have added more in the past few months than I even had in there to begin with.

People I won't call on any sort of regular basis, and thus people whose numbers I will not want to commit to memory.

You're more likely to be in my contacts if I *don't* want to talk with you. If I do, I'll commit your number to memory.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Every time I read this title, I picture hunching over a pair of AcuVues with my embroidery scissors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships