Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
The same could be said for Christianity several hundred years ago.
I can't speak for the actions of those who lived 300 years ago. I'm just looking at what I see people from your religion doing (TODAY). And it appears this is happening in a number of nations that are controled by Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 12:40 PM

70 posts, read 122,330 times
Default The way to God?

Thanks for inviting me here, monaliza.

Wouldn’t it be nice if all roads led to God?

Some people believe that all religions please God, and that no matter which religion a person practices, in the end they will find peace with God. Ah, if only that were so. Unfortunately, in the spiritual realm, it is the lack of immediate consequences to our choices, which allows this belief to continue.

For example, if a man truly believed that gravity didn’t exist, and then walked off a cliff thinking he would be safe, what would happen? He would immediately learn that his belief was wrong – deadly wrong. In the natural world, we can’t pick and choose how natural laws work or should work. Our opinions and beliefs are irrelevant here, and we are all subject to natural law whether we want to be or not. Why, then, do people assume things are different in the spiritual world?

CelticLady1 wrote”:
“…the religion or spirituality that a person believes in and practices, that is what is best for that person…we can each choose the way that is best for us to seek the face of our Creator.
We cannot dictate to others what is best for them.”

Many people hold to this belief, but why? If there are natural laws, can there not also be spiritual laws? And if we violate those spiritual laws, can there not be consequences?

In Proverbs 14:12, it is written, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.”

Men can think they’ve chosen the right spiritual way, or the right religion, but they can be wrong.

Just as God created natural laws, which we cannot alter by our desires or choices, so he also created spiritual laws, which we cannot alter by our desires or choices. And, unfortunately, ignoring spiritual law can have consequences just as deadly as those for ignoring natural law.

Some of those spiritual laws involve sin:
“All have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” –Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death” –Romans 6:23
“Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—Romans 5:12

So, the spiritual law of sin pronounces a death sentence for those who sin, which includes everyone.

But what of those religions which deny that sin exists, or that it matters? They are ignoring spiritual law, and those who follow such religions will suffer the consequences. You see, this “pick and choose the religion that’s right for you” idea is one of the most deadly games you can play.

Another spiritual law involves redemption. Although we’ve all sinned and deserve death, God didn’t leave it at that. In his mercy, he made a spiritual law which provides a way out.

The spiritual law of redemption:
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood”--Romans 3:23-25
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” –John 14:6

Redemption – the forgiveness of our sins – requires first the sacrifice of God’s redeemer - Jesus Christ - through his death on the cross, and second that we take that gift by faith.

But what of religions which teach that we can become right with God by our own good deeds? Or those which deny God’s atoning sacrifice through Jesus? The simple and sad answer is that they have chosen the wrong way; have chosen a false truth; and do not have spiritual life.

I wish this were easier, but it isn’t. God has made a way for all men to find spiritual life, but it has to be his way, and his way only. That way is Christianity – the way of the cross.

Sadly, I, in my limited intellect, can’t prove to everyone’s satisfaction that this way is the only way. If you are truly seeking spiritual truth, then you need to take your quest to God. Ask him to reveal himself to you; ask him to show you if Jesus Christ is indeed the way to eternal life. I believe that if you are sincere in asking – if you really desire truth and not just false comfort in the religion of your choice – then God will lead you to Calvary - to the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world.

May you all find peace with God.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:58 PM

Default monaliza - where R U ?

Monaliza, you invited me to post in this blog, and I did.
In order to avoid being rude, it is appropriate that you now reply to my post.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
John1701,

I think you explained that well!

When I started to realize that there must be a "right" way...I looked at the uniformities of humans as a race in general. You can go over to the most remote countries on the other side of the world and find humans that differ only by cultural differences. We all get sick, we all die, our organs are in the same place...etc.

I realized that when we die, the same thing must happen no matter what you believe. You don't die and then make a choice to go to heaven or be reincarnated based on what your religious and philisohpical beliefs were when you were alive. As much as we want to be believe that ALL ways are the right way, I think it is wrong.

So the question becomes which is the right way...aye aye aye!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Original poster asked a simple question about your religion, so let us not try and convert people in this thread.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:00 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Hi, Mona you asked a simple question and you deserve an answer to your op without people thinking you have another motive..I do not have a "religion" I have a belief in God/Creator who sent his only son here as a human and allowed him to be our ultimate sin sacrifice..I have a relationship with God through His Holy Spirit who resides within me as my guide and comfortor and he gives me peace..The bible gives me lessons in love, pure worship and how to live as close to "Christlike" as I humanly can with all my frailities. I am learning to be tolerant and accepting of people who don't share my beliefs..Sometimes I get angry when people insult and hurt each other, because they think they know what God says and thinks and want to bring down judgements to anyone who won't listen to their call..I believe that we only answer "Gods call"..

Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 PM

Default All ways can't be right

I’m glad you enjoyed my explanation, beeveenh. And you’re right – all ways can’t be the right way. Since many beliefs contradict each other, it’s a logical impossibility.

“So the question becomes which is the right way...aye aye aye!”

Yep, that’s the million-dollar question, but finding the answer is surprisingly easy. As I wrote in my previous post, if you sincerely ask God for the truth about Jesus Christ, I believe he will show you. If you have questions, I recommend the book Evidence That Demands a Verdict, by Josh McDowell. It covers everything from the reliability of the Bible to the deity of Christ.

One of the best arguments for the deity of Christ is the fact that he performed his miracles in front of everyone, so that all could see and believe. Even his enemies didn’t deny the miracles – and you can bet your last dollar that they would have if they could have. Instead, they acknowledged them and some were so desperate to disparage him that they accused him of using demonic power.

So, will you ask God the million-dollar question?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Default Monaliza's final message

Monaliza sent me a private message (I don’t know why she didn’t just post it in the blog) on 09-08-2008, 08:41 PM. Since she didn’t tell me not to post it, here it is:

“Hi John:
How are you , I wish everything is going well with you . I left city-data for ever , and I come just a visitor to the site . without details , I faced a simple problem with the workers so I decided to quit . Don't be angry with me that I did not put a reply .I like your post so much . It was an honor to me. you have a beautiful mind and soul . my best of luck to you. Thank you for your asking about me. bye.”

Does anyone know why she left?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:36 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
I don't have a religion, thank god. (<---LOL I made a funny)

Old 09-11-2008, 03:03 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Religion?

Don't have one. Doing just fine without
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality