U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,690,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Oops! I see. Deleted my post.
You made me stumble for a second, and I can see how my wording could be a little less murky.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 AM

7,884 posts, read 4,754,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putanginaniyo View Post
As if science has the answer for everything.
...but you'll happily accept the answers that science has given you when it comes to your everyday existence, the cars, planes and buses that you travel in, the medicines you take, the computer you are using to dismiss the science you happily take advantage of every day...

....or do you live a stone age existence in a cave?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 AM

9,621 posts, read 6,994,274 times
Wink Science does not have an answer for everything, but imaginary gods have answers for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by putanginaniyo View Post
The root of the evolution hate is the atheist scientists. They use evolution to deny God's existence.

Not hardly. Many are faithful, but they know when to draw the line between blind faith and it's ignorant interpretations of reality, versus the use of the bible as a spiritual metaphor and guide to ethical living, which some need.

They just look foolish when there are scientists who believe in God in spite of their scientific knowledge.

Very few, frankly, and very much in the minority.

I've seen a blustering post here on C-D some months back that listed 50 scientists who believed in Creation.

Now, if we're taking a vote, let's consider that, with each annual graduation of scientists, engineers, paleontologists, archeologists, historians and geologists world wide, plus the numbers of existing graduate scientists already out there, there are literally billions of professionals who completely believe (and understand) the evidence in front of them, the obvious, the rational and the result of credible, outstanding and honest research.

So, by your chosen argument of a majority vote, it's...it's..... a big LOSE for blindered Creationists & Insta-Poofy-Genesis types. Too bad, huh? And so, BTW, some friendly advice: don't use that silly argument again; it only shows your lack of education on the subject!

How could an honest observer and interpreter of the world actually believe in an Insta-Poof genesis versus a rational interpretation of all the evidence now before us? Only the blind could come to that conclusion, and only if deep down, they harbor a deep-seated fear of death. Or are pathologically ignorant on the technical facts of Evolution.

It also does not help that they over use the word ignorance to people who believe in God. As if science has the answer for everything.
Well, if the word fits...

By definition, if science had all the answers, or claimed to, it would also cease to exist! It's merely a toolbox for getting good answers! Your hatred of that fact is telling in and of itself! In fact, science fully realizes that we do not have those answers, but by it's layout and mandated design, it at least tries to honestly and reliably get to those answers, absent the ranting & raving, sword-waving death threats, morbid rituals and fear-soaked ceremonies so loved by the religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The root of hatred for evolution is the fact it either clashes with someone's personal religious views or they're just scandallasly ignorant of what the theory actually is.

Agreed, AG. Alternately, I'd wager that very few, if any, of the fervent arguers for Creation could even begin to answer the most basic technical questions about the processes or mechanisms of Evolution. They come here, swords all sharpened up, prepared to hack away at the truth-sayers, but in fact, they have literally no understanding of the topic they so love to hate.

The folk who hate evolution are most often fundamentalists and conservatives. Many atheist scientists also recognize the fact that someone can believe in both evolution and god, but that still doesn't make the belief in god true. Ignorance generally isn't overused for people who believe in god, it's used for those who think creation/ID are true and spout lies about evolution.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I guess the reality of all the evidence of a universe that is billions of years old, and a planet that is also billions of years old, and all the sound evidence supporting evolution, and nothing to support your "poof" theory, can easily be summed up for creationists now can't it. That summary goes something like "reality sucks", especially in the light that many many scientists that also believe in a god, also know that evolution is real.

No, science does not have an answer for everything, but imaginary gods have answers for nothing.
Wow! Say: can I use this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
And the believers that accept evolution? What of the Catholic Church, a representative of one billion Christians?

...the reason people "hate" evolution is because they are either have not learned the theory, do not want to learn the theory, or intentionally lie about the theory. Every creationist I know has been the later two. They lie and misconstrue what they do know and willingly remain ignorant of the rest.

Every person I have spoken to who rejects evolution is ignorant of the theory. They don't bother nor ever do to actually study the subject. Instead, they remain ignorant and it is quite easy to tell.
I wonder if the resisters of knowledge here would be open to taking a brief summary quiz showing their deep understanding of the science, Konraden. Let's ask shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...but you'll happily accept the answers that science has given you when it comes to your everyday existence,...

....or do you live a stone age existence in a cave?
Now now, Rafi; that's cruel. As an alternate, I'd say, IMHO, and metaphorically, some may live in a "mental" cave. No light, no heat, not even a few good and inspiring cave drawings to get the thinking processes lit off!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,110,842 times
we've gotta believe in God otherwise eugenics starts looking to more and more attractive.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Default NOW you're talking!

Well, now that you mention it... Hmmm.... Imagine eliminating all dissenters before they're even born! Q: is a logical, scientifically-tending mindset an identifiable genetic sequence, and thus modifiable/crushable?

I'd imagine the church and Islam would embrace this practical solution, no? As long as they had their hand on the controls.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well, now that you mention it... Hmmm.... Imagine eliminating all dissenters before they're even born! Q: is a logical, scientifically-tending mindset an identifiable genetic sequence, and thus modifiable/crushable?

I'd imagine the church and Islam would embrace this practical solution, no? As long as they had their hand on the controls.
question first.
just who are the egalitarians?
i think egalitarianism transcends religion but i'am not sure.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 PM

Default Wow! Just like anti-evo arguments here on C-D!

Thought this was germaine...

Jesus and Mo » Archive » view

Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:

well anyway, i think even Jesus would discourage dysgenics.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:

apologies again. some of the right-wingers have me somewhat confused over who's who's i.e. glenn beck well, really the fox channel as a whole (fox is conservative christendom media headquarters you know).
hard for me believe glenn beck could be defined as an egalitarian
Beck equates stem-cell research with eugenics | Crooks and Liars.
btw rifleman, i know you've expressed visions of master race dancing in your head but the georgia guide stones reccommend keeping earth's population below .5 billion are you sure you'd make the cut? for the record i've resolved i would not make the cut nor would i want too.

Last edited by gabfest; 06-15-2010 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality