Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 10:16 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Once again you play word games when caught in a falsehood. Just like the typical politican or religious fanatic.
It has nothing to do with word games. The top vent is not a window. It was used for venting, not viewing.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
A closed mind like that makes this discussion a total waste of time.... of your time and the time of those who are trying to point out that the ark story is just another myth.

If the Ark story was just a myth, photographs of it would not exist, nor would so many confirming historical accounts. It is a closed mind, that filters out those facts.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the Ark story was just a myth, photographs of it would not exist, nor would so many confirming historical accounts. It is a closed mind, that filters out those facts.
There are no photographs of the ark...Only hoaxes.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So, once again you admit that you don't care about provable truth. You care only about what you want to believe. And because you decide to believe it, you declare it to be the only possible truth.

Yet you continue to cite "evidence" that you choose to believe while discarding anything that contradicts those beliefs.

I don't have to "suggest" that truth does not matter to you. All one has to do is read any of your posts and this is evident in the nonsense you continue to post. Your faith is apparently based on your own ego and nothing else.

My faith is built on my experiences and my encounters with Jesus Christ. The Ark on Ararat may add to that truth. Only time will tell. And the only evidence that has been presented here against the Ark being there. Is He said, she said. These kinds of nonsensical statements you imbrace. Yet, it appears to me, you have ignored all eyewitiness accounts, from the past, to the very present. And you must assume, all such accounts come to us from numerous liars. And all such photographs of the Ark are fakes. I personally do not believe that. And find the evidence far more convincing for the Arks reality, then your he said she said statements. Especially, when those statements come to us from people who have never been to the site in the first place.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There are no photographs of the ark...Only hoaxes.
So is the American government, also part of the hoax?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
So is the American government, also part of the hoax?
No, but they took no photos of the ark...Just what you want to believe is the ark. Faith is the need to believe what is false.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,685 times
Quote:
My faith is built on my experiences and my encounters with Jesus Christ. The Ark on Ararat may add to that truth.
How could it, when the myth of Jesus is just a retread version of a dozen or so earlier messiah myths and the Biblical ark story is a cheap plagiarization of the original and much older Mesopotamian flood myth? If there is an ark at all, it would be the ark of Utnapishtim from The Epic of Gilgamesh, and not the Biblical Noah.

And that would mean you are worshiping the wrong God.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
How could it, when the myth of Jesus is just a retread version of a dozen or so earlier messiah myths and the Biblical ark story is a cheap plagiarization of the original and much older Mesopotamian flood myth? If there is an ark at all, it would be the ark of Utnapishtim from The Epic of Gilgamesh, and not the Biblical Noah.

And that would mean you are worshiping the wrong God.

The Ark spoken of in the Epic of Gilgamesh landed on Mt. Nishir. The Bible has the Ark landing on Mt. Ararat. Most who have seen the Ark, saw it on Mt. Ararat. And this is where the NAMI located it. The Epic of Gilgamesh may of went into print first, yet, it is the Bible that got the story right. My God speaks the truth. It appears the God behind the Epic of Gilgamesh, can't get his story right. LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, but they took no photos of the ark...Just what you want to believe is the ark. Faith is the need to believe what is false.
They took photos of a large manmade object that was broken in two. Ed Davis stated that back in the 1940s, and before those photos were taken, that he saw the Ark of Noah. And he stated that it was broken in two. The NAMI also stated, the Ark appears to be broken in two sections. It must take a lot of faith to believe all of thses people are liars sanspeur.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
If the Ark story was just a myth, photographs of it would not exist, .........
Well lookee here Campy old fruit. All true I guess....'cause we have photographs of them huh?
45 Strange and Funny Photoshop Manipulations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality