Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:35 AM

494 posts, read 890,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The rubbish from Ron Wyatt.
Don't forget the faked carved stones and the faked clay figurines.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:19 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Don't forget the faked carved stones and the faked clay figurines.
And can you tell us where we can find the scientific review that confirms they are fake? Or is that just based on someones uninformed personal belief?

And do you have the same opinion on the NAMI discovery?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The rubbish from Ron Wyatt.
Well I never believed in everything push by Ron Wyatt. I do believe He discovered the Red Sea Crossing site and the real Mt. Sinia. I never believed in his Noahs Ark discovery. And have always believed it to be a natural land formation. So you would be in error to suggest I was mistaken here.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:57 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default The Morning's Machinations. "Oil that machine!"

Wish I were the mod here. I know, believe me I know, how contentious this topic is. I mean, I just reviewed that new and updated site and saw a lot of pure assumption. What they define, absolutely, as "rooms" are but openings or melt-holes in the surrounding ice. Could all be one big "room", right Tom?

How do you know otherwise at this point? Why the heck are they going back if they already know it all? Another example: they photo wooden pegs which they then confidently state were used as pins to tether animals.

Really! Are there ropes left behind with animal fur on them? Has the area under them been scrupulously cordoned off like a "Crime Scene" or have dozens of Chinese hiking boots scuffed it all up? Are there coprolites left behind? (remnant preserved droppings, which should be everywhere in an Ark, yeah?)

This is why so-called Christian Science always falls flat on it's face. Absent anything but purely adulterated and highly biased assumptions, but "clarified" and "validated" and "extended" using theGORE™ technique, we'll be told they have actually found the means by which Noah successfully secured the various animals in a tempestuous sea.

Again, REALLY?

At any rate, back to my point. (See how easy it is to get back into this silliness? We've covered it ALL before. ) ...I just wanna follow this group down their yellow brick road. On that gloriously fruitful topic, you guys can express your skepticism openly; be my guest. But I'd say you won't have to work too hard: this one will self-destruct on it's own, or turn into a replicate of their previously wild and woolly over-indulgent pre-concluded Ark love-fest Expo. IMHO of course, as always.

( Legal counsel retained against accusations of bias and contempt. All opinions are those of the author, who is over the age of 21. No cereal box tops were used in the determination of a prize, tho' NAMI™ may well welcome a gift of same. All results are final, and non-negotiable with the judge, known far and wide as "rifleman".)

If I were the mod here, I'd delete all the recent posts as not relevant to the OP. Isn't it called hi-jacking? I'd really just like to watch NAMI's current efforts and report back to them as the utter drama of it all unfurls.

So.... should we re-start a general Noah's Ark hostilities thread? And add in the faked (ooops.. sorry..) Ica stones? Or, instead of the rather limiting "The Ark Regurgitated", we could call it "The Aggregate of Failures of Christian Science to Prove Anything, Ever".

Would C-D allow it or would june, Miss Blue or some other poor newbie mod ("Here. Watch this one. You'll learn a lot!") just push the big red "KILL" button and mercifully stop it before we get to hand-throttling each other again?

Leave the staggering implausibilities, the utter meteorological and hydrological impossibilities and the total lack of understanding about reproductive ecology out of this thread please. Christian and Muslim believers are in no mood now, or ever, to consider them.

Let's just let the NAMI (the CTP* boys) have their day in the sun.

*Christian Theme Park.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Wish I were the mod here. I know, believe me I know, how contentious this topic is. I mean, I just reviewed that new and updated site and saw a lot of pure assumption. What they define, absolutely, as "rooms" are but openings or melt-holes in the surrounding ice. Could all be one big "room", right Tom?

How do you know otherwise at this point? Why the heck are they going back if they already know it all? Another example: they photo wooden pegs which they then confidently state were used as pins to tether animals.

Really! Are there ropes left behind with animal fur on them? Has the area under them been scrupulously cordoned off like a "Crime Scene" or have dozens of Chinese hiking boots scuffed it all up? Are there coprolites left behind? (remnant preserved droppings, which should be everywhere in an Ark, yeah?)

This is why so-called Christian Science always falls flat on it's face. Absent anything but purely adulterated and highly biased assumptions, but "clarified" and "validated" and "extended" using theGORE™ technique, we'll be told they have actually found the means by which Noah successfully secured the various animals in a tempestuous sea.

Again, REALLY?

At any rate, back to my point. (See how easy it is to get back into this silliness? We've covered it ALL before. ) ...I just wanna follow this group down their yellow brick road. On that gloriously fruitful topic, you guys can express your skepticism openly; be my guest. But I'd say you won't have to work too hard: this one will self-destruct on it's own, or turn into a replicate of their previously wild and woolly over-indulgent pre-concluded Ark love-fest Expo. IMHO of course, as always.

( Legal counsel retained against accusations of bias and contempt. All opinions are those of the author, who is over the age of 21. No cereal box tops were used in the determination of a prize, tho' NAMI™ may well welcome a gift of same. All results are final, and non-negotiable with the judge, known far and wide as "rifleman".)

If I were the mod here, I'd delete all the recent posts as not relevant to the OP. Isn't it called hi-jacking? I'd really just like to watch NAMI's current efforts and report back to them as the utter drama of it all unfurls.

So.... should we re-start a general Noah's Ark hostilities thread? And add in the faked (ooops.. sorry..) Ica stones? Or, instead of the rather limiting "The Ark Regurgitated", we could call it "The Aggregate of Failures of Christian Science to Prove Anything, Ever".

Would C-D allow it or would june, Miss Blue or some other poor newbie mod ("Here. Watch this one. You'll learn a lot!") just push the big red "KILL" button and mercifully stop it before we get to hand-throttling each other again?

Leave the staggering implausibilities, the utter meteorological and hydrological impossibilities and the total lack of understanding about reproductive ecology out of this thread please. Christian and Muslim believers are in no mood now, or ever, to consider them.

Let's just let the NAMI (the CTP* boys) have their day in the sun.

*Christian Theme Park.

Well, they are going back there rifleman, because as the link explains the structure is so huge, that they will need more time to explore it. One of the rooms had a door located up on the ceiling, yet they were unable to open it. And they may try to open it when they return. If you recall, the Biblical Ark had three floors. They have told us, that there were seven different rooms that they were able to get to. The link below shows the placement of those rooms. So I believe we are looking at the areas where they have been so far. We will all have to wait and see when the next group goes back there, what new discoveries will be uncovered. I believe this is going to be a very fascinating journey for all of us. Placement of rooms discovered so far, found in link below. And yes, in one picture we do see rope that was left behind. Yet it is to early to say if it had animal fur on it. And to think, it seems like it was just yesterday that some here were saying the only thing on Mt. Ararat was pillow lava. And now we are exploring a huge wooden structure, with different wooden rooms found inside.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/content_feat01.php - broken link)

Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM

Default The GORE™-y details continue to emerge....

GORE™:

C34 states: "And now we are exploring a huge wooden structure, with different wooden rooms found inside."

Wow!
I had no idea they'd actually found a huge structure there! Where do they say or show that, BTW? certainly not in your link. All that as well as those "rooms"! Just WOW!

GORE™ on GORE™!

And hey: You bet they need more time, since no-one has bitten yet on funding up this Theme Park joy-ride.

Well, patience, Tom. Patience.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:51 AM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And can you tell us where we can find the scientific review that confirms they are fake?
Don't you read ANYTHING that anyone posts refuting your incredulous beliefs? Go read the previous threads on the subjects for once.

Quote:
Or is that just based on someones uninformed personal belief?
You mean like how you base your beliefs on any stinking load of twaddle that someone rolls up to you in a virtual wheelbarrow and tells you it's roses...

No I actually use my brain on a daily basis.

Quote:
And do you have the same opinion on the NAMI discovery?
Yeah. It's horse****.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:33 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Well I never believed in everything push by Ron Wyatt. I do believe He discovered the Red Sea Crossing site and the real Mt. Sinia. I never believed in his Noahs Ark discovery. And have always believed it to be a natural land formation. So you would be in error to suggest I was mistaken here.
It took a bit of discussion before you appeared to accept that Wyatt's buried Ark of the Covenant and Jesus tomb with Pilate's personal seal on were so much hogwash. And you still haven't taken on board that the 'evidence' for the red sea crossing amounts to absolutely nothing. At best a couple of markers put up by a Jewish king who also believed it - without any evidence.

Your arguments about the Ica stones and the clay dinosaurs were rather 'Claim - true until you prove me wrong' type and the 'scientific evidence' could not be confirmed, did not seem to stack up scientifically (you can't C14 ceramics) and was not supported by any organic remains that there should have been

Here, the problem is that the Ark is impossible in the sense that the Bible has it. It could not have had all the animals on board. There was no worldwide flood. The earth is not 6 - 13,000 years young. Genesis is not believable

Ok, I must say that these buried chambers look convincing - here and there. The first chamber just looks like a cave. I'm a bit confused about whether this is supposed to be wood or petrified wood. Which is it, wood or petrified wood? You'll recall that the first artefact was a chunk of petrified wood and you were arguing that wood can petrify quite quickly under the right conditions and you assumed the conditions (deep in mineral -saturated water or waterlooged ground) were right to petrify the ark. Now we are being told it's wood. Can you blame me if I note puzzles and await some proper verification?

These are extraordinary claims and they need to be subjected to extraordinary proof. So there's wood structures in caves on Ararat. Are we sure we haven't had anchorites building cells in caves on the holiest site after The Sepulchre? (1)

This is a worthwhile thread. Let's see how things develop.

(1) which is in the wrong place, anyway

Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
GORE™:

C34 states: "And now we are exploring a huge wooden structure, with different wooden rooms found inside."

Wow! I had no idea they'd actually found a huge structure there! Where do they say or show that, BTW? certainly not in your link. All that as well as those "rooms"! Just WOW!

GORE™ on GORE™!

And hey: You bet they need more time, since no-one has bitten yet on funding up this Theme Park joy-ride.

Well, patience, Tom. Patience.

Where do they say they found a huge structure there?

Well rifleman, if you had actually taken the time to read the title of my link it states.

THE EXPEDITION TEAM HAS WITNESSED THE (HUGE WOODEN STRUCTURE) SEVEN SPACES ARE UNVEILED BEFORE OUR VERY EYES.

And if you had taken the time to look at the picture of those rooms displayed on that same link, you would see what they are talking about.

And yes, you are correct rifleman. I will need a lot of Patience. Especially when they show you pictures, diagrams, and point this out to you. And then you still say where is this information? You see rifleman, you should at least read the first page of my link before you make such comments. And yes rifleman, they do say that on my link. Or are you just going into denial now?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:05 PM

Default Yada Yada GORE™

Quote:
Where do they say they found a huge structure there?

Well rifleman, if you had actually taken the time to read the title of my link it states.

THE EXPEDITION TEAM HAS WITNESSED THE (HUGE WOODEN STRUCTURE) SEVEN SPACES ARE UNVEILED BEFORE OUR VERY EYES.

Of course, I should have been more specific, Tom. They only claim it's a "huge wooden structure" because they do not even provide a drawing of same, only statements. No ice-penetrating sonar images as would be easily accomplished, and that we can assume a properly mounted technically competent follow-up will provide in the way of absolute verification.

They also go on to make some bizarre and completely unsubstantiated
further claims about deeply decomposed wood, and yet you, not they, claim they've found rope. That was only a suggestion on mine, not theirs. You leap on every morsel, don't you?

And if you had taken the time to look at the picture of those rooms displayed on that same link, you would see what they are talking about.

Yep; I saw their artist's conception drawings. I've seen the same for a proposed lunar base. So...is that also there as well, Tom?

And yes, you are correct rifleman. I will need a lot of Patience. Especially when they show you pictures, diagrams, and point this out to you. And then you still say where is this information? You see rifleman, you should at least read the first page of my link before you make such comments. And yes rifleman, they do say that on my link. Or are you just going into denial now?
No denials here. I did read it. Quite amusing, actually; chock-full of speculation, over-reaching exaggerations and assumptions. I just hold out a vigorous requirement for something beyond what they concocted back in Singapore after their one and only trip up there, when they scrambled down into an ice crevasse and found some wood that another group of Turks and their past team Archeologist, admitted, with verification, were planted.

At the very least, you should be patiently skeptical before you jump on this one, Tom. I'd not want to pin my entire star and reputation on the very real possibility this is not the Ark, even if it's some old wood. That alone proves nothing to an honest observer, and you know it.

You are once again guilty of....

(wait for it...)

GORE™...

....and you know it.

BTW, your post was again off-topic, but what else is new with you. Why don't you start a new "The Ark is Proven Real Once Again" thread? We can just cut & paste all the old stuff again; save us all a lot of time and effort producing answers and thoughts and links that you don't read anyhow.

As I recall, you still haven't answered my 3 or 4 basic Ark Plausibility questions so far. WassamattahU?

(Don't do it here though; it'd just clutter up this unrelated thread.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality