Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 AM

123 posts, read 131,330 times

Advertisements

Just a little something that came pouring out of me during a near fatal food poisoning.

Any thoughts?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Way of Infinity

*Sameness and difference must be observed in all things absolutely from a perspective neither subjective or objective. In other words, you have to feel it.*

There must be something everything has in common. (uniqueness or change)

There can not be two things exactly alike. (snowflakes, sand grains, universes)

One must be able to accomplish all.

All must accommodate the one.

Every(one)thing eventually must become the one(sum of all things).

Every(one)thing eventually must become nothing (no thing).

No thing can dictate to the one or the all.

No thing can be better than anything else.

When one thing is added, everything must change.

As soon as there is change, there must be difference.

No thing may stay the same forever.

For all to be enlightened, one must stay in the dark.

For one to be enlightened, all must have been in the dark

There is always and will never be all paradoxes.

Paradox is the realization of absolute confusion or change of set patterns.(One is truly the loneliest number).

When confusion(chaos) is added, everything changes(moves, grows, ect)

A new cycle continues for the new change as all accommodate the one and one accomplishes all.

The many universes equals one multiverse. Conservational laws are saved in a multiverse and do not apply to universes one by one.

Multi multiverses are covered by the paradox.

Potential energy is the great constant (or "nothing" is absolute). It makes way for change (or space for time).

"Have fun and don't hurt anyone, but let no one hurt you.

We have learned all we need to about the Age of Suffering."

Last edited by Ourself; 06-18-2010 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: underlining
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourself View Post
Just a little something that came pouring out of me during a near fatal food poisoning.

Any thoughts?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Way of Infinity

So much for the DNA thing

Old 06-19-2010, 07:25 AM

290 posts, read 388,627 times
You can never complain about near fatal food poisoning when you come out with something like that!

Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
You can't? Are you sure?

Old 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
So much for the DNA thing
Not sure what you mean Melvin. DNA works so that no individuals are identical to each other. That is why forensics relies on it so much these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
You can never complain about near fatal food poisoning when you come out with something like that!
Well, although I wouldn't trade in the experience, I don't think I'd like to relive it. 5 days of non stop throwing up with no sleep seems like an eternity.

And thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
You can't? Are you sure?
I didn't.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:47 PM

608 posts, read 605,696 times
Default You know, Ourself, you have brought up a topic dear to my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourself View Post

Any thoughts?

The Way of Infinity

*Sameness and difference must be observed in all things absolutely from a perspective neither subjective or objective. In other words, you have to feel it.*

There must be something everything has in common. (uniqueness or change)

One must be able to accomplish all.

All must accommodate the one.

Every(one)thing eventually must become the one(sum of all things).

Every(one)thing eventually must become nothing (no thing).

No thing can dictate to the one or the all.

No thing can be better than anything else.

When one thing is added, everything must change.

As soon as there is change, there must be difference.

No thing may stay the same forever.

For all to be enlightened, one must stay in the dark.

For one to be enlightened, all must have been in the dark

There is always and will never be all paradoxes.

Paradox is the realization of absolute confusion or change of set patterns.(One is truly the loneliest number).

When confusion(chaos) is added, everything changes(moves, grows, etc)

A new cycle continues for the new change as all accommodate the one and one accomplishes all.

The many universes equals one multiverse. Conservational laws are saved in a multiverse and do not apply to universes one by one.

Multi multiverses are covered by the paradox.

Potential energy is the great constant (or "nothing" is absolute). It makes way for change (or space for time).

"Have fun and don't hurt anyone, but let no one hurt you.

We have learned all we need to about the Age of Suffering."

You know, Ourself, you have brought up a topic dear to my heart.

This is the title and topic of your thread: "The way of infinity."

In regard then to your topic you say:

I like to have a constructive and productive exchange with you for the sake of our mutual advancement in knowledge of life and the universe and of course for myself of God also.

First, what exactly is the point you are submitting in your thread?

Is it that everything is connected, so that the mention of any one thing in existence or not in existence should stir the human mind to relate it to everything else in existence and also in a way not in existence?

That includes everything in existence and also in a way not in existence.

Please tell me, but I like you to dwell with me on the concept of infinity.

What exactly is infinity the concept and whether there is an example of infinity in existence, understanding existence as like the nose has existence in our face.

Ryrge

Old 06-19-2010, 05:13 PM

Ryrge;

Thanks for the well thought out reply.

Quote:
You know, Ourself, you have brought up a topic dear to my heart.

This is the title and topic of your thread: "The way of infinity."

In regard then to your topic you say:
I like to have a constructive and productive exchange with you for the sake of our mutual advancement in knowledge of life and the universe and of course for myself of God also.

First, what exactly is the point you are submitting in your thread?
The point? I guess to try to point out that we are all unique aspects of the same thing so compassion should be common sense. That and I like the idea of adding yet one more version of the Golden Rule to the collection.

I know that when I was writing it, there was a big sense of urgency to let no "one" be left behind.

Quote:
Is it that everything is connected, so that the mention of any one thing in existence or not in existence should stir the human mind to relate it to everything else in existence and also in a way not in existence?
Hmmm... Hard to rightly explain... More like that everything is an expression of the same thing so compassion should be seen as logical and common sense.

Quote:
That includes everything in existence and also in a way not in existence.
Do you think the potential for energy could actually be a type of energy that doesn't take up any space until it is changed into a tangible form?

I think that before "survival of the fittest" it is "Fruition of the most cultivated"

Quote:
Please tell me, but I like you to dwell with me on the concept of infinity.

What exactly is infinity the concept and whether there is an example of infinity in existence, understanding existence as like the nose has existence in our face.
I believe the quest to find the smallest of the small is an infinite one.

Have you ever seen the Mandlebrot set?

Last edited by Ourself; 06-19-2010 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Golden Rule

Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Ryrge;

Sorry I thought I had put something else in my last post to you but instead I repeated myself.

Sorry about that.

Quote:
That duality is illusion yes, but not one that has to be transcended, just understood. More like an illusory tool we use as a labelling system.

Problems arise when we forget this and believe everything has an independant and unchanging nature.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:11 PM

608 posts, read 605,696 times
Default Frankly, I am not certain who of us two is into hoodwinking if at all.

Frankly, I am not certain who of us two is into hoodwinking if at all.

Are you into dense philosophy like some people for example Nietzsche who wrote so many words to tell us that he wished God were dead?

Or Heidegger who impresses on some perceptive people (who would not be hoodwinked) that he is really into gibberish pure gibberish except for one thought which he could put across in just six few words:
What is the purpose of life?
And no one can tell us what is his answer?

So smart people say that that is philosophy, asking questions but not giving answers.

I will say this about Heidegger, he discredited himself by ascribing to Hitler's perverse vision for the German people, and he Heidegger never said he was sorry.

[Correct me, anyone, if I am wrong.]

So, Ourself, since you put your thread title as The Way of Infinity, will you just connect with me by answering my question:

What exactly is infinity the concept and whether there is an example of infinity in existence, understanding existence as like the nose has existence in our face. [That is a link.]

I want you to give me your concept of infinity in a few concise, precise, and relevant words, and also whether for you it exists as the nose exists in our face.

Ryrge

Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
=Ryrge;14699017]Frankly, I am not certain who of us two is into hoodwinking if at all.
Hoodwinking? As in being deceitful?

What on Earth is there to be deceitful about?

Quote:
I already tried to give you one. The Mandelbrot set. Instead of being facetious and linking me to a question, why didn't you just look it up? It would have taken about the same amount of time.

Infinity is a set of things whos number is so immense, it cannot be counted. The amount of potential humans past, present and to come is an infinite set.

Infinity is a non-stopping chain that has a start point. As opposed to Eternity which has no start point or end point.

http://www.youtube.com/v/qB8m85p7GsU...</param><param
"http://www.youtube.com/v/qB8m85p7GsU&hl=en_US&fs=1

Quote:
Are you into dense philosophy like some people for example Nietzsche who wrote so many words to tell us that he wished God were dead?
Neitzsche came up with some wonderful and thought provoking ideas but he was more of a Nhilist than anything. I don't understand how you could have gotten a likeness to his philosophy from mine but hey...

Quote:
Or Heidegger who impresses on some perceptive people (who would not be hoodwinked) that he is really into gibberish pure gibberish except for one thought which he could put across in just six few words:
What is the purpose of life?
And no one can tell us what is his answer?

So smart people say that that is philosophy, asking questions but not giving answers.

I will say this about Heidegger, he discredited himself by ascribing to Hitler's perverse vision for the German people, and he Heidegger never said he was sorry.

[Correct me, anyone, if I am wrong.]
I have no idea how you could have gotten anything conformist out of what I've written either.

Quote:
I want you to give me your concept of infinity in a few concise, precise, and relevant words, and also whether for you it exists as the nose exists in our face.

Ryrge
I'm guessing it will last longer than the nose on your face since it would take longer than it would for your body to decompose to count.

Infinity is more like a verb than a noun. It implies growth... It grows even as you try to count it.

Trying to nail down infinity is like chasing the horizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality