Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

duplicate post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No insult to you, old_cold . . . just poor phrasing. I was referring to my belief that I made a mistake in judging your sincerity and objectivity. Sorry old friend. Education is not as important as agape love anyway.
I know quite well what you were referring to
(Three paragraphs deleted because it's just rehash which hasn't gotten anybody anywhere)
Besides, I am not truely insulted because I view insults as something offered that has to be received/accepted .
I usually refuse to take delivery.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I know quite well what you were referring to
(Three paragraphs deleted because it's just rehash which hasn't gotten anybody anywhere)
Besides, I am not truely insulted because I view insults as something offered that has to be received/accepted .
I usually refuse to take delivery.
Hmmmmm . . . Nevermind.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmm . . . Nevermind.
At this point, if we were face to face, I'd just say "It's a good time for a drink. Scotch?"
(And, no, I haven't already had one)

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
At this point, if we were face to face, I'd just say "It's a good time for a drink. Scotch?"
(And, no, I haven't already had one)
There was a time in my rebellious youth . . . but it would have to be a diet cola these days! Peace.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
...Christy seem sincerely interested in at least an over view.
I sincerely am interested but you truly haven't given any information that is viable. Most of what you espouse is extremely subjective and based on personal meditative revelations...something which cannot be verified or validated by ANY scientific measure.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And you will continue waiting with the rest of us because THERE IS NONE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER...IT IS STILL ALL PURE SPECULATION AND CONJECTURE AT THIS POINT IN TIME!

We are told, according to Mystic, that we can emperically infer, from all the unknown (at this time) things that go on around us and in the universe, that the UNKNOWN SOURCE OF IT ALL is God.

We know one thing for CERTAIN about the UNKNOWN SOURCE OF IT ALL....IT IS STILL UNKNOWN and calling it God doesn't change that FACT! Whether we INDIVIDUALLY call it God, Nature, The Unknown Source, Casper the Ghost or the Flying Spaghetti Monster...THE FACT REMAINS...THE SOURCE IS STILL UNKNOWN.
But ChristyGrl, Mystic is not using the term "a God" as most people generally would. For Mystic, all something has to be to meet the requirements of "A God" is that it is made up of whatever forces exist(ed) that ultimately cause(d) our world to be as it is today.

Clearly, we all agree that there are/were forces that ultimately caused our world to be as it is today.

The problem comes when Mystic tells us that his "A God" is proven, because he doesn't include a disclaimer saying that his definition of "A God" is simply referring to what's already proven (plus whatever unknowables there are - but his definition does not define those unknowables so that adds nothing).

Most people would assume he means a conscious being, and he never really corrects people on that before assuming they should already know and creating ad hominems because they don't.

It's just like if I said "Bigfoot exists" without clarifying that "Bigfoot" is the nickname I gave to the earth. But is the earth not frekin big?! It deserves the title "Bigfoot"! You people are so off base thinking "Bigfoot" refers to those ridiculous but lucrative bogus claims of a hairy human-like creature in the woods. Oh right.. in my opinion.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:25 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
I guess my evaluation of ChristyGrl was as flawed as that of old_cold. Nevermind. I'm too old and it requires too much work to assemble the pearls.
NO...WAIT! Please don't take that feeling on it!!

Hey...even if ONE....namely ME....recieved the full enlightenment of what I KNOW with all my mind and heart is TRUTH...would it not be worth it? I Give Thanks every day for even the little bit I've experienced of it.

I will compensate you, donate to a charity of your choice, entreat you, encourage you, pray, and any other possible thing I can do...for even the most general of overview of your synthesis.

Please meditate on it Mystic...the world needs to see it. Don't think it's not worth the effort. Just the opposite...it would be such a Blessing!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post

Most people would assume he means a conscious being, and he never really corrects people on that before assuming they should already know and creating ad hominems because they don't.

It's just like if I said "Bigfoot exists" without clarifying that "Bigfoot" is the nickname I gave to the earth. But is the earth not frekin big?! It deserves the title "Bigfoot"! You people are so off base thinking "Bigfoot" refers to those ridiculous but lucrative bogus claims of a hairy human-like creature in the woods. Oh right.. in my opinion.
It doesn't have to be assumed.
He did eventually state that he does mean a conscious being
http://www.city-data.com/forum/14694939-post132.html

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
But ChristyGrl, Mystic is not using the term "a God" as most people generally would. For Mystic, all something has to be to meet the requirements of "A God" is that it is made up of whatever forces exist(ed) that ultimately cause(d) our world to be as it is today.

The problem comes when Mystic tells us that his "A God" is proven, because he doesn't include a disclaimer saying that his definition of "A God" is simply referring to what's already proven (plus whatever unknowables there are - but his definition does not define those unknowables so that adds nothing).

It's just like if I said "Bigfoot exists" without clarifying that "Bigfoot" is the nickname I gave to the earth. But is the earth not frekin big?! It deserves the title "Bigfoot"! Oh right.. in my opinion.
I agree...he spouses that God has been proven to exist to himself by his personal experiments/meditations and revelations. There is no scientific verifiable proof provided. He has placed a name/label on the UNKNOWN SOURCE OF ALL THERE IS, claims it has godly attributes and emphatically states that it is god....WITH NO SCIENTIFIC VERIFIABLE PROOF WHATSOEVER.

Quote:
Clearly, we all agree that there are/were forces that ultimately caused our world to be as it is today.
I agree 100%...there is AN UNKNOWN SOURCE...unknown meaning, we "KNOW" nothing about it. It is when one tries to name/label this UNKNOWN SOURCE that we run into problems as evidenced here on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality