U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:02 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,381 posts, read 1,978,655 times
Reputation: 726
Default Christians...

Are you tired of being maligned, discredited and abused?

Are you tired of seeing our faith trampled on daily and our values constantly called into question?

Are you tired of the constant attacks on the symbols and customs of our faith?

Are you tired if being tied to the Fred Phelps' and Hitler's of this world?

Are you tired of being told that your faith has no scientific basis and that man came from monkeys, swamp scum or whatever?

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:04 PM
 
Location: The better side of PA
16,661 posts, read 6,606,395 times
Reputation: 6957
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Are you tired of being maligned, discredited and abused?

Are you tired of seeing our faith trampled on daily and our values constantly called into question?

Are you tired of the constant attacks on the symbols and customs of our faith?

Are you tired if being tied to the Fred Phelps' and Hitler's of this world?

Are you tired of being told that your faith has no scientific basis and that man came from monkeys, swamp scum or whatever?

What do you think?
I don't care what atheists think if my religion is being called into question, at the end of the day, they're not gonna make me change my mind and become an atheist. I don't let myself be beaten into submission by political correctness either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:10 PM
 
8,745 posts, read 6,103,434 times
Reputation: 3328
Nope. LOL.

What a whiny thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:13 PM
 
Location: lake zurich, il
2,542 posts, read 1,117,376 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Are you tired of being maligned, discredited and abused?

Are you tired of seeing our faith trampled on daily and our values constantly called into question?


Are you tired of the constant attacks on the symbols and customs of our faith?

Are you tired if being tied to the Fred Phelps' and Hitler's of this world?

Are you tired of being told that your faith has no scientific basis and that man came from monkeys, swamp scum or whatever?

What do you think?
I'm not christian but i'll answer anyway.

Dark Red: Who isn't? Those who are abused are tired of it from day one. Stupid question if you ask me.

Bold: Again who wouldn't be tired of seeing their faith trampled.

Blue: See above.

Green: Whose tying regular Christians to Fred Phelps? Wasn't Hitler Jewish?

Purple: I don't think Christians are tired of this. I believe they realize that there are two areas of thought out there and they realize that their religion is based off of faith (meaning you believe without facts). I don't think that they blame anyone for believe science, hell even Christians teach science at Christian colleges, but they don't stop trying to inform the non-believers which is their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:16 PM
 
35,000 posts, read 20,859,363 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Are you tired of being maligned, discredited and abused?

Are you tired of seeing our faith trampled on daily and our values constantly called into question?

Are you tired of the constant attacks on the symbols and customs of our faith?

Are you tired if being tied to the Fred Phelps' and Hitler's of this world?

Are you tired of being told that your faith has no scientific basis and that man came from monkeys, swamp scum or whatever?

What do you think?
Are you tired, run down, listless? Try VITAMEATAVEGAMIN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:18 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 1,082,183 times
Reputation: 884
Yes on all the questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:20 PM
 
8,995 posts, read 5,723,612 times
Reputation: 5035
why isn't this in the religion folder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
 
18,820 posts, read 7,267,765 times
Reputation: 5909
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you tired, run down, listless? Try VITAMEATAVEGAMIN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:30 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,381 posts, read 1,978,655 times
Reputation: 726
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

Green: Whose tying regular Christians to Fred Phelps? Wasn't Hitler Jewish?
I guess if you are not a christian you do not notice these things.

Quote:
Purple: I don't think Christians are tired of this. I believe they realize that there are two areas of thought out there and they realize that their religion is based off of faith (meaning you believe without facts). I don't think that they blame anyone for believe science, hell even Christians teach science at Christian colleges, but they don't stop trying to inform the non-believers which is their choice.
Speaking for myself, I don't care if people think they came from monkeys, just don't call me everything under the sun for thinking differently. I would much rather believe that I was made by a higher power than evolved from lower forms of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 06-26-2010, 10:31 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,381 posts, read 1,978,655 times
Reputation: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
why isn't this in the religion folder?
Because it is controversial...

There are threads going about Muslims why not Christians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top